A Reprehensible Case

Bruce&Ying

yea, now yer talkin' , let's go kick some butt!

I thought about that woman, what it would be like to be in her shoes right now. Not only the fact about the &%$#%^., but she also lost her husband that she counted on and trusted as well. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to stay here in the US either. Her hopes, dreams and heart have all been shattered now. Only time can heal this pain she must be feeling.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok a simple google search of this person's name city and state and the terms sex offender. http://oit.nh.gov/nsor/display.asp?lname=BAIRD;HAROLD

Well this system certainly works! but what Chinese woman would think to do this.. heck what person on this board would think to check this??

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

P.S. I am half way around the world and I can reach out and find this info. I am pretty sure the USA can go the extra step to see to it that this doesn't happen again even if it means someone at INS has to, god forbid resort to google to check out someone's name..

Good point, but the difference is your not scimming through the boxes and boxes of paperwork and applications. It's a little easier to target one guy out of masses when you already know home boys name and where he lives.

I saw some program on TV a couple months ago about how bad communications were on shareing information on convicts and fugitives from state to state police departments. Look at this board too. We are all shareing information between each other from all over the world. Cool tool huh? Amazing it isn't being used more effectively. :lol:

Bruce knows best for himself but I wonder if perhaps he has too much on his plate right now, what with the death of his mother and his recent P-4, to have time to head up our Charity cause. Bruce are you up to it? I wouldn't mind and will if need be but Oregon is a long way from New Hampshire.

Well, it looks like Monday has come and gone without any response (by phone or email) from the Police or the TV station.

I'm a little disappointed they wouldn't take a few minutes to help us help her, but it's possible they had the day off or don't know what to do either.

So on to Plan B. I think the association you named may be helpful for support purposes, but they will also need to break through the veil of privacy to find out who and where this woman and her child are.

Maybe the direct approach is better: a letter in Chinese sent to her address. I understand that some of you are nervous about having your name and contact info on a letter sent to her husband's house.

My understanding is that her husband is being held on $100,000 bail, and judging by his appearance and the look of his house and car, he would have a hard time finding that much, so will likely be in jail until his trial. A felony case in NH will generally take at least 6-9 months to go to trial. Even if he did get out and get a hold of the letter, it's unlikely he can read Chinese.

I certainly don't mind if the only phone number is mine and/or Ying's in China; the letter can say that if she wants to call me, I can give her the numbers of some sisters in the area.

If, somehow, we can get in touch with her, and she is willing to accept some help, then we can collect some donations.

So if someone wants to write a letter in Chinese, email me first and I'll give you my contact info to include in the letter.

With regard to donations, I checked with the pastor of my church

and she told me the same thing warpedandbored did, that I should open an account, possibly at the Bank of New Hampshire where I have my accounts. Such an account should obviously have 2 or more joint signatories, all of whose signatures would be required for any withdrawals. That means that someone in the general area would have to travel here when the time came to disburse the money.

I think we should try to contact her first, and if we are successful, move to the next step. And then I will need some local volunteers to help with the banking. I'm still hoping that we can find some third party charitable organization to handle it.

I'm thinking that there can't be that many women's shelters in Danville New Hampshire. Perhaps the best way to get a message to her would be through them. She may be a little gun shy of american men right now but there is alway the face saving issue to deal with in Chinese women contacting her as well. I think they kind of off set. The other issue is press. It would be good for our cause to get the word out that we are not all pedophile predator woman abusers. Cases like this do serious damage to public perception of American men marrying Chinese women. More importantly if the local press publishes a story about us trying to help her chances are the local population willl want to donate as well. The woman will need all the help she can get.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at todays birthdays for CFL members (1/17/05) and saw that there was a Jim B who was from Danville, New Hampshire. This is the same guy (Harold J Baird) who was arrested this week.

Here is a link to his CFL profile:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....CODE=03&MID=329

This was on CFL today:

Today's Birthdays

2 members are celebrating their birthday today

>jimb (69)

Here is the link which Lmark provided which lists his birthday:

http://oit.nh.gov/nsor/display.asp?lname=BAIRD;HAROLD

Here is a link to all of his posts on CFL. His last post was just over a month ago on December 7, 2004. I remember some of these posts. I'm sure some of you do as well.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....90&highlite=329

This gets more surreal every minute. Here is a post where he responds to a thread Kim started about a convicted Child molester:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....649&hl=329&st=0

Here is a post where he wrote about his wife and daughter. His timeline is at the bottom:

jimb Posted: Nov 24 2004, 05:19 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 329

My wife and our little girl are here with me now, I can only wish you as much joy and happiness as I have now

My little girl (she has never met her real father) is 5 years old and is helping me make pies for thanksgiving, She chases her mother out of the kitchen saying " Daddy and me are making pumpkin and apple pies, you can eat some when they are done" pretty good for a little girl that spoke no english 6 months ago.

My wife is adjusting quickly. She is teaching Chinese to Chinese adoptees at the Chinese center, and has a class schedued for chinese dance. The present manager of the the Chinese center wants her to take over as the business center, because she owns 2 restuarants and also has a full time job.

It looks to me like I have a lot to be thankul this thanksgiving.

Ican only wish you all the happiness that I have and much more.

Please have a wonderful day.

jimb

--------------------

NOA 1 Vermont 30 April

NOA 2 13 June

NVC forwarded to GZ 23 JULY

GZ received ?????

P3 27 October 2003

P3 submitted 14 nov 2003

request from GZ for additional information Dec 2

Additional Information send Dec 4

Rec P4 Feb 6

Appointment on Mar 2

Visa granted on March 2

Arrived in Boston March 25

$200 tour of NH by Hatian taxi driver March 25

Arrived at home March 25

Either him or an amazing number of coincidences. I am truly shocked. It never dawned on me that he may be a member of CFL. In retrospect this being the best site on the web for K-visa issues related to China it only makes sense. The insidious thing about pedophiles is they can be anyone and you would never know it.

It seems to me these people should never be let out of prison but even if they are they should be on permanent parole and never be allowed close contact with children.

I still cannot but wonder when he visited China in order to establish the "relationship" necessary to get the visa. Can convicted felons even get a passport?

If he did visit China, did he molest any children there? If it turns out that he did, I would advocate sending him there and let him face Chinese justice.

Just my humble opinion

Guest DragonFlower

Seems like it is probably on the mark,if so,hand me the egg.

Just collectively defended the members here a few days ago.

Perhaps we should consider watching our own house.

What do you think D??

Some way to do the checks?

I know ,very touchy subject.

But I too think we may see some very unwanted attention from this.

long

It probably does hurt our reputation a little but it is up to us to set the record straight.

I don't know if felons can get a passport or not but interestingly I couldn't find anything on the Chinese visa application that asks about any prior convictions.