A Reprehensible Case

Bruce&Ying

Absolutely right JP,

Two months more time for everyone..

... sad when we hear of our members in the second name check limbo....

....add to that: stuck in the sex crime check limbo...

Its not State, and its not USCIS that add these additional requirements... It happens from the political fallout related to reports like this...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two months more time for everyone..

...  sad when we hear of our members in the second name check limbo....

....add to that:  stuck in the sex crime check limbo...

Kim: when you get stopped for a traffic ticket, the OPD can do a name check on your drivers license to see if you are wanted in any of the 50 states. This usually takes about 2 minutes. If the FBI does not do a similar type of check to see if you are a fugitive or a sex offender, then our system is extremely F**KED UP and we haven't learned a damn thing from 9/11 !!!

It may not be a bad idea to inform the foreign fiance of any prior arrest records the petitioner has and let them make their own decision. That doesn't mean the case should be denied because of a prior arrest (hey a lot of us grew up in the 60s and inhaled) but it could make a difference in the number of abuse cases.

One point I have not seen anybody mention yet is the "proof of a relationship" requirement. He had to have traveled to China to meet her. If he did it had to be before his conviction, otherwise his parole officer or whoever would have noticed his absence.

So my question is this, While he was in China, did he molest there? If he did, do you think we should send his ass there to allow him to face Chinese justice?

I know there the Miranda rights is "You can scream as loud as you want, We don't care," followed by which "Which ear do you want the bullet in, left or right?" Then send the US Embassy the bill for the bullet, which I for one would gladly allow my tax dollars to pay.

I might be way out in left field on this, but I believe that men like that do not desreve to live.

Just my humble opinion

This same article falls inline with my posts from last weekend. How can anyone be to blame in a case like this? The man is still innocent until proven guilty. Everyone here is already assuming he's guilty already without looking at the facts. No way would I ever support or defend those actions he's being accused of, but to immediately judge him and then hang him without hearing his side isn't any good either. He might be having arguments with that little girl, they might not get along very well and she hates him. So she lies to get him in trouble and thrown in jail. YOU DON'T KNOW! The immediate perception people may have of us from CFL (because of the articles like this one) is that our love is illegitimate. "Like, We have another lurking reason for wanting to be with us." People don't want to know and don't care to know what our story is. "You have seen one, you've seen them all." That's how people think. "Get a wife from America, it's not my problem your all a bunch of desperate weirdo’s." "You love your wife to make her a sex slave and her little girl too." If you think that people don't jump to those conclusions, then go back and read this thread as an example. Everyone has jumped to conclusions without the facts. He may be innocent. I hope he is innocent and that he didn't really do it. If he did, then cut his nuts off and throw him in the pen. He'll find plenty of sex in there.

As far as this case is also concerned, look at Catholic Priests. They used to be holy and honorable. Now they are referred as child molesters and the brunt of many jokes dealing with sex with little boys. Are they all like that? No. Are the ones that were accused all guilty? Probably not. Are they all suspected of molesting children? Definitely!!! Anytime I see a reverend, Jesus isn't the 1st thought that pops in my head. Is he guilty of child molestation? That's my 1st thought.

To blame INS, NVC the cops or anybody is foolish and unfair. It takes only 1 "awe shit" to erase 1000 "atta boys". Do you want your wives and fiancées to be judged from a 15-minute interview, when the immigration officers have this perception or your loved ones are being challenged for fraud? Then she gets rejected because the perception of her is that she is a fraud or she's going to be the victim? I can imagine the pain like Carl and Alex must have felt. Think about this for a minute. This man could be anyone of us from Candle? Yahoos and Congratulations all around for him. What if the man was a moderator or a respectable member of this board? We don't know! I can tell you, all of us on the board take a beating in one way or another for stories like this, regardless whether they are true or not.

I searched for this article Bruce. I couldn't find it. I know your not making it up, but out of curiosity I would like to know where you got the story from. I searched a good 30 minutes at least and couldn't find it. I even checked the Danville, NH police blotters. I did searches on Yahoo and Google to look for the article and came up with molestation cases with Chinese children but the closest I could find was a case from Danville, CA and a case from Illinois. 72 yr old man and 15 yr old girl. NOTHING that included any of the details of your story.

I used these websites to find the article

www.yahoo.com

www.google.com

Key search words

Child AND molester AND Chinese AND Danville, NH AND News

http://police.townofdanville.org/community.htm

I hope the jury fries his fvckin balls off! :angry:

I just read the entire article and am so heartbroken for this woman and her child, especially her child. I want to know if anyone is helping her...you know fundraising for a DAMN GOOD attorney and granting her immediate permanent resident status...Is this something Candle members can rally for as a group?

Anyone have any ideas?

Tazsa

The story said his "wife" caught him in the act......It evidently was good enough for him to be arrested and for a judge to set a high bail.

Can you post the story?

Ok , I take that back. Sorry, I just saw John's link.

Cut that guys nuts off then. I donate the scissors. It's very sad to read about that, even with a previous conviction.

This sick bastard needs more help than we can give him, so lock his ass up and throw away the key. Would it be inhuman to forget to feed him?

The process as Jason pointed out is simply concerned about immigration. The checks are designed to catch two problems. 1) a possible terrorist being allowed into the US. 2) The foreigner perpetrating visa fraud by only wanting to come to the US and not caring about the relationship.

This case is one outrage. Another happen a couple of years ago with a 40 something Seattle, WA man, overweigh and a nineteen or twenty year old Russian lady. He brought her from Russia, they got married. She did not care about the man at all, in fact she had told him he repulsed her, so she stopped sleeping with him and started sleeping around with every nice looking young buck she could. He went through a fit of rage, did some planning and killed her. Any background check on him would have come up empty.

My point is, notice how many in the past five years we hear about. Two cases to my knowledge. I wonder how many there really are? Right now I think the State Department being already overloaded in this process is thinking the same. They are probably thinking there is not enough really bad cases to warrant an extra step in the process. After the Seattle incident it was dicuss in WA legislation. They were thinking of making background checks on every one who wanted to even start the International dating process. Actually not a bad idea.

Yeah, maybe a little early, but then again why get some sweet Chinese ladies hope up. She thinks she has found someone who she can trust, someone who she can love. She almost gets through the process ready to go the US and boom, sweep the rug out from under her with a report about her fiancee. This is not the time to provide her with this information. She might just go through the process anyway, because to do so would me a huge loss of face in China. Face in China is very important. This is why women who get abused do not return to China, they suffer their problem out as best they can. Return to family and friends would be a huge disgrace.

Checks on the man are a good thing, I think they need to be early enough to make sure the lady makes a rational decision.

Just my two cents

I firmly believe that most of us are sincere, caring people who love and honor our spouse or finace(e), but that there will always be a few deviants out there.

What upset me was that this case might have been prevented. As has been pointed out, any Police Dept could find out in a minute that he had a conviction for molestation. Child molesters have a VERY high incidence of recidivism; it's like they are hard-wired to be attracted to chldren and cannot change. That is the rational behind Meagan's law, which requires them to register with the local police so others can know where they are and keep their children safe from such people.

And the people in the neighborhood; what were they thinking? They know the man is a child molester and that he's got a 5 yr old girl in his house, and they say nothing and do nothing until the inevitable happens, then they go on TV and say how terrible he is.

I'm not sure what the solution is: I guess I would suggest that it might be safer to run a check as part of the approval of the intial petition and advise the foreign party of any criminal record, whereupon they can decide whether or not to proceed further (as warpedandbored suggested). Certainly in this case, his record as a child molester, (and the nature of child molesters) meant the likelihood that that little girl would be assaulted was extermely high.

There is no telephone listed in his name; I was going to have my lao po try to call the woman and see if there was anything we could do. I hope that there are some social service agencies looking out for her and the child. By filing a domestic violence petition against him, she should be able to get temporary use of the house, and not have to stay in the shelter, but I would think she would have no support. This may be one of the rare cases where the affidavit of support might actaully be enforced, and his assets taken to offset assistance to the woman and her daughter.

I hope they can stay, if they still want to, and that his assets can be used to take care of them. Should he be convicted (and in this case I would think the testimony of the woman and her daughter and the medical evidence should be sufficient), he won't be needing them as he will likely be a guest of the state for most of the rest of his life.

I don't understand why his prior conviction didn't show up in the name check- we undergo a name check at the first stage of the process- I think the USC should have to undergo a name check as well- he had a prior conviction- this should have sent off red flags- especially since there was a young child involved. I am less worried about whether she should sue USCIS and more worried about how she and her daughter are able to survive now that he is in jail- with little english and etc.- I wonder where they are living and if they have to live in that house where it occurred. I am furious- okay- yes- he is innocent until proven guilty- but I just can't see a Chinese woman reporting this unless it were true- because she was potentially harming her own situation as well- with little understanding of the language- etc.- what would it get her? Maybe she will be able to sue him for some compensatory damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress on her part and physical and emotional damages for her daughter- but mainly he will be criminally prosecuted- which wouldn't help her in any way- except to make sure that her daughter is protected. This is absurd- I want to contact and help the woman.