A Reprehensible Case

Bruce&Ying

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce, you have done an OUTSTANDING! job.

I have to agree with everyone else's sentiments about what has been done by CFL.

This is a community that has truly made a difference in many, many lives. Sure most of it is in advice given, but other areas include friendships and support for our members and their SOs. Now we have the opportunity to make a real difference in a life that could have been devestated.

Sadly, I must confirm everyone's suspicions about whether or not jimb was the same Jim Baird of New Hampshire who stands accused of this heinous crime, I came across an old e-mail today. jimb sent it to me right after I returned from China last August. What follows is the e-mail I recieved.

MarkLuvsShuPing,

jimb has sent you this email from http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php.

I read your post about wanting to start an internet dating service.  My name

is Jim Baird.  I'm from Danville, NH.   My wife's name is (omitted),  she is

from Nanning.  She and her daughter arrived here in March and we married in

June.   (Omitted) (Jenny) taught english at the Foreign Language Institute.  She

did have a business of translating and helping some of her students and friends

find US boyfriends and mariage partners, whilde she was in Nanning.   I think

she did a lot of work and not much income.   With her brothers help, they

designed a website (something like AFF).  I had promised to help her get this

translated and published on the internet in the US,  but there are so many

things going on here now,  I just haven't finished yet.  I do have a few domain

names registered.    She has a lot of girls bios and photo's,  It just seems

like a tremendous undertaking to put together a large website like this.   I do

have internet marketing experience,  but not much websi!

te design experience.    Jenny has a lot of desire to help her friends and

former students in China.   If you think there is anything we can get together

on, send me an emailsincerely jimbjimbnh@prodigy.net  

I have to tell you that we only exchanged a couple of e-mails, all were in regard to my (and apparently Jenny's) ambitions to start an internet dating service for Chinese women. I feel sick and deeply saddened to know that this man shattered the dreams of this woman and her daughter. That I was given a little insight into those dreams makes it a little more personal for me.

I feel even more determined to bring some integrity to the internet matchmaking business. If I ever get my internet business off the ground, it will be my mission to ensure that, to the best of my ability, background checks and concrete information is available for both sides. This kind of thing should never have happened since the guy was a registered sex offender.

I only hope and pray that the daughter will be able to overcome this and with the love and positive thoughts of all of us, she can have a wonderful and happy life.

I omitted Jenny's Chinese name out of respect for her situation.

Thanks to you all for your kind words. Actually, I think it was Carl who first suggested we do something besides just talk about the case. I sent some emails and made some calls because it was in my backyard, but I'm sure that any one you would have done the same if it happened in your neighborhood.

I just wanted to say that the response of the people here has greatly impressed me...

Thanks to you all for your kind words.  Actually, I think it was Carl who first suggested we do something besides just talk about the case.  I sent some emails and made some calls because it was in my backyard, but I'm sure that any one you would have done the same if it happened in your neighborhood.

I just wanted to say that the response of the people here has greatly impressed me...

See what you get for listening to Carl.

Thanks again

Trigg

Thanks to you all for your kind words.  Actually, I think it was Carl who first suggested we do something besides just talk about the case.  I sent some emails and made some calls because it was in my backyard, but I'm sure that any one you would have done the same if it happened in your neighborhood.

Actually, it was me. I asked if there was anything we could do as a group to help this woman and her child. I suggested that we start a fund for them. Unfortunately I posted the idea and had to go to bed to get up real early the next morning and drive to SF (6 hours) for Kai to get his fingerprints. In the three days that I was away, a lot of progress was made and I was so proud of and impressed by the spirit of everyone here! All I did was plant the seed, but you guys took it and made it happen! : D

You guys rock!

Thanks to you all for your kind words.Actually, I think it was Carl who first suggested we do something besides just talk about the case.

You see, Trigg....The question was who had the initial idea of doing something besides talk...

I know you have a difficult time crediting me with much (as do some of the other men around here---whatever---I don't care!) I for one, try to give credit where credit is due. I am not trying to steal anyones thunder, ok? I think all the kudos really go to Bruce and Ying...As far as who posted the initial idea? Well, I am the one that mentioned helping her to begin with. Period.

I hope the jury fries his fvckin balls off!  

I just read the entire article and am so heartbroken for this woman and her child, especially her child. I want to know if anyone is helping her...you know fundraising for a DAMN GOOD attorney and granting her immediate permanent resident status...Is this something Candle members can rally for as a group?

Anyone have any ideas?

(Bruce's response)

I agree, Maiyademama, I wish we could do something, but I'm not sure how we could offer her any help: the laws protect their privacy so it would be difficult to get contact information. That's why I looked for a phone #, but there is none listed.

(Carl's Response)

As far as helping her we are a group that is very close to Chinese and immigration issues. We should try to help. Granted the woman is entitled to her privacy and probably feels humiliated enough but the article also said she was staying in a womans shelter. There can't be that many womens shelters there. Perhaps we could contact the shelter and set up a bank account for contributions to help her and her daughter. Also contact the newpaper that published the story, see if they would publish a storyabout us trying to help and inform the local citizens we are trying to help. Perhaps that way she would have enough money to get her by until she can get on her feet. Count me in. We are good at talking about it lets see if we can actually get to action. Taz you have experience with the media, Bruce you are geographically close. Lets do it!

I know, Carl. I just get tired of the way Trigg feels the need to cut down the majority of what I post. It bothers me...even though I don't want it to and I say I don't care...It really does bother me. He doesn't even KNOW me but he takes such liberites with "putting me in my place" ... Maybe he had a bad time with his previous American wives...and he takes it out on the American women on CFL... I don't know..but if you were me, you wouldn't like it either!