If my wife is a "mail order bride", then?

Mengxin

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of a poster named Dave who would say anything just to stir the pot. Lets not get sucked in!

Hmmmm, I can't seem to remember anyone by that name who started trouble. Must ahve been when I was "absent".

Yep, that's it Trigg... while you were absent :o

Seems nothing has changed but the names JP. Let the games begin!

I think what we are experiencing is a communication cluster fvck...everyone seems to be misreading everyone else...

As for the article, I read it long ago when I was starting the process...I thought nothing of it then and still think nothing of it now. Just bureaucrats trying to sound like they do homework...nothing to get worked up about...

my 2 cents, anyway.

Come to think of it When was this originally published on the USCIS site? I just looked at it again and couldn't find a date. I shudder though to think this kind of shoddy research could help to shape immigration policy.

Personally (and this just my opinion so take it or leave it) I think the stage is slowly being set for a future with no K-1 visa, or with a K-1 with a ton of restrictions, more processing on the USC and foreign fiancee, and a much longer sanctioned waiting time. The government is already drowning in them, and the number of cases is increasing every year. The general public doesn't care.

If the people who need to be convinced are convinced, that most of them are frauds, prostitutes, or marrying for convinience, and most of those who do come to the US with good intentions are then victimized by horrible controlling old men... then it will seem almost like a mercy to do away with, or limit to the point of impossibility this process.

Whoa!

No comment...

Peace y'all :)

Chicken? I really would like to hear your thoughts on the mail order brides matter not the CLR arguement.

I just posted them before I saw your post...

I don't think it is an issue worth getting too upset about...

Do I think there are mail order brides from China??? Yeah. I know a few. Do I think it is wrong? It depends on the situation. I know there are quite a few Chinese men and women who abuse the visa system and quite a few American men that have preconceived notions about how asian women should *behave.* I don't know the statistics and I don't care to know. It happens everywhere and it IS something to be AWARE of but I don't think the article posted on the USCIS website is gonna change much. I still think *most* of the people and SOs on CFL married for love. It is awful though when one half marries for love and the other is doing it for a leg up. I much prefer the types of scammers that are honest and pull it off like a business contract...half down and the rest after the green card. I despise the people who bring someone over just to have a house slave.

Besides, Trigg....I have been laying low since a while back when a lot of craziness was going on here and I was under attack by some wild loon that had it out for me...You missed A LOT!

Glad you are back!

Taz

Come to think of it When was this originally published on the USCIS site? I just looked at it again and couldn't find a date.  I shudder though to think this kind of shoddy research could help to shape immigration policy.

I think it was published in 98

Not sure though

It says in the article that research BEGAN in 98. All of the sources cited predate that year as well.

Whew! I just read the thread. i suppose you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. I was gonna let it go, but like always, I won't.

I knew immediately the AH was playing Devil's advocate. Just can not have any sort of a logical debate on a message board with personalitys like that. You'll always lose because he is only trying to push buttons of those of that truely care. He identifies anger, so in an attempt to entertain himself. Attempts to escalate it. If I felt that my spelling was more important than my words I would have used the spill chucker. I'm not out to prove how smart I am to anyone. I couldn't, even if I wanted to. :)

A newbie comes to the site to raise an argument and attack the board. This isn't a person seeking help. He's an instigator. I have seen it on other forums too. I am not married to this board. I'm sorry. This is not my first board and it is not currently the only board that I post on. I can Identify with personality's like that. Been there, done that dude. got the T-shirt too.

start a post off with gee I hope I don't make anyone angry, Is going to try to make us angry. It's like a car salesman who say's "trust me."I also like the lie, followed by his own admission that he lied. I read the article, I'd like to see where the OP (???) got his data that said 93K vs 0. Please stop waiving the hey I'm a total moron flag above your head. At least I won't attack or accuse anyone of not knowing what the hell they are talking about ....When I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Please do the homework 1st? Then come debate with me. If I really don't know what I'm talking about I will gladly stand down, and let you take the floor. I am not above myself to allow that to happen. I have checked myself a couple times.

This is almost like a family reunion from almost 6 months ago when Mark and I ranted back and forth over politics. Even Trigg is back now. (welcome back, by the way.) The cast has returned for a special episode. Even Dave's name was mentioned, though he's not around anymore. I know that Don is sitting back in his chair now, doing his best to stay out of this thread.

back to my original point, it would be nice if we could feel as though our needs and feelings meant something to the people in charge. We have had the few frauds ruin it for the majority. So the majority suffers. It would be great to be offered to work together with our goverment for a common goal of getting our loved ones with us where they belong. We both want a speedy visa process without backlog. The same is true for our security and well being. We all want the same thing as the goverment wants. but as the tone in this thread demonstrates. Hatered, Bias and ...Bigotry only breeds anger.

It would have been nice to see two points of view from the report. the report didn't offer the points and views of the defending party. our voice and chance to defend our views was not even offered in the report. not even one single reference in the report was made with kinds words to encourage love, peace and harmony. Only attacking remarks and bias opinions, I hope nobody strains themselves too hard to realize when they are being attacked. Turn the other cheek? No way baby. game on! Shame it's got to be that way, cest la vi.