Adjusting status after death of spouse

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trigg, carl on your side on this one, nobody can be that cold and heartless, She done everything right, hot her fault her husband died, and btw anyone forgot she a widow, I'm sorry but I feel beachgirl need a heart, so you telling your SO to pack it up and go home if you die?

I getting sick and tired of us american who feel imgratation is bad, that all foriegner to stay in thier country, American was built on immigration, the native american came out of asia and russia, you have the european, the africian, I get a little tired when the excuse is it my taypaying dollars, Last I saw immigrant buy groceries and pay taxes, some get green cards and pay taxes, let them get a greencard and pay taxes and shut the hell up.

and I'm a bit disappointed on some of the comment on her to go home, hell USA is her home, why don't you go tell your SO honey when I die, I demand you go back to your country because you don't belong here

I think many of your SO will either laugh at you or knock a mop against your heads. I really really sad that some of you had the gall to say go home!

Robert

piss off

frank1538,

I see what you mean after having read the instructions for this form. However, I can't believe that this sort of thing does not happen enough so that there is no procedure to deal with it. As we know one can never be sure how to interpret these documents, but I would wonder if this list means any "one" of the three on the list? I find myself a little perturbed at the idea that if I should die within two years, my spouse has no where to turn. There must be a proper method to deal with the situation.

From the I-360 Instructions....

Widow/Widower of a U.S. Citizen. You may file this petition

for yourself if:

you were married for at least two years to a U.S. citizen

who is now deceased and who was a U.S. citizen at the

time of death;

your citizen spouse's death was less than two years ago;

you were not legally separated from your citizen spouse at

the time of death; and

you have not remarried.

Carl,Don,Trigg:

My Mother used to say,"and there in the grace of God go I". I think that at some time in your life you have to have been down to appreciate a hand when it is offered.

Some people just have never been there...it's obvious.

Phil & Yun

Cold and totally void of campassion.

I helped people with the same sitatuation as I did, but I only help them because they are worth my help and at the same time, I have to be sure that my help is right and good for them.

I donate 20 bucks every week in church, monthly amount is more than everybody donates the $$$ to that girl .

I do not think that is good for helping her in her cecumstance.

Hmmmm methinks this smells like my arch nemesis. SF Joe is that you?

Carl,

I'll have a check hedding your way on Friday. Please keep us informed on her progress.

I haven't been looking at this tread until tonight and I'm not going to get in the middle of this BS but I do have one observation.

"I donate 20 bucks every week in church, monthly amount is more than everybody donates the $$$ to that girl."

Statements like that are hard to trust because it seems to me that bragging about donations is only to serve a selfish purpose. I am happy to do what I can and know what? Even if she does go back to China either by choice or not, I'd be happy to know she will be better off finacially.

Thanks Jim. I know Jimei will be grateful.

I received the first check today. $50.00

Thank you David R. in Ms. I will send it to her with your note after I have some more to go with it.

King thanks for the Chicago contact. I hope she can get some good legal help and a job.

Cold and totally void of campassion.

I helped people with the same sitatuation as I did, but I only help them because they are worth my help and at the same time, I have to be sure that my help is right and good for them.

I donate 20 bucks every week in church, monthly amount is more than everybody donates the $$$ to that girl .

I do not think that is good for helping her in her cecumstance.

Hmmmm methinks this smells like my arch nemesis. SF Joe is that you?

I can tell by the writing style it is SF Joe.