visa denied

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe everyone on CFL should send a dozen flowers to Carls house on May 9th in the wee morning to say welcome to the US Bing.

There are enough people in Portland..... Maybe Don or someone else would help deliver them and set them up.

Of course, as we know..... Don't plan too much until the visa is in hand. :D

if you arrive hk at 10:25 PM, it is too late to cross the borader at LoWU (train stop there) into china. you should take the bus to WuangGong (immigration open 24 hours), there are shuttles running from there to LoWu, and it is free if it belongs to the same company as the one from airport.

Seems like you final destination is HKG right? Think i can provice some information here as Rikk has flue to HKG twice and i'd been working and living in SHenzhen for almost 2 years:-)

So you're arriving in HKG at 10:25pm huh? The easiest way from HKG A/P to Shenzhen border is to take bus. There're lots of buses as well as bus ladies in front of the HKG A/P. They'll come up and try to drag you into their buses as soon as you step out from the arrival hall. Not sure if there're still buses running that late at night but one thing's for sure that the borders at both HKG and Shenzhen side open for 24 hours. So you can cross the border to get to Shenzhen at anytime in a day.

There're tons of hotels in SHenzhen and probably you can even book a room online before you leave the U.S.

There're 2 Shenzhen borders you can go to. One's called LuoHu,another's called HuangGang. MOst of the buses from the HKG A/P run to Huanggang.

Bing will have no problem getting to Shenzhen the only thing she might need to get is a border pass, which's for mainlanders going into Shenzhen. It's only 5yuan and she just need to take her ID and 1 photo to the nearest police station.She can get the pass right away.

Pls notice, the speed train going from HKG to the LuoHu border starts in downtown HKG instead of the A/P. I'm not sure how late this train runs till but you can do some research via google.com for sure. And there's another sort of speed-train takes you from A/P to downtown HKG.You can check that out too.

For any further questions pls just ask.

Ok carl;

The pics are up, just a text dir at http://www.marksullivanphotography.com/bingandcarl/

click the names to download them, waiting on the larger jpegs.

Mark

Better scans (Jpg or PDF) would be helpful as I am having difficulty making out the text (except for the 1 year thing at the bottom).

Thanks for posting it, Carl and Mark.

I do find it interesting that the USA would have a pre-made form with check boxes to ask for video tapes of the American Citizens speaking Chinese.

This, of course, is at the same time when there is a lot of anti language diversity legislation in front of Congress.

----- Clifford ------

we are working on it. I converted them to jpeg but mark says they are still a little fuzzy so I am trying to send him the original bitmaps one at a time so he can edit them. I am either too stupid or dont have the software

The easiest way to convert from BMP to JPG is using Microsoft Photo Editor (or just about any other program that can save in both formats).

You can create a PDF by going to the website:

www.pdf995.com

Downloading their program "pdf995.exe" and "ps2pdf995.exe"

Install them both on your computer.

This will create a new printer called PDF995.

Just print to it from any program and you get the PDF created. If printing images, make sure you set the page size and margins right.

As another note, often you can print PDF forms to PDF995 to save your filled in work. However, you may need to use older versions of Adobe Acrobat (versions 4 or earlier) if the form is protected.

---- Clifford -----

Carl,

Thanks for posting the notes.... Pink & Blue.... Good colors to go together

:blink: :D :P :D

I can understand why the INS would have problems with women who do not speak a single word of English and men who do not speak a single word of Chinese.

One not only has to demonstrate a "future" relationship, but also a "past" relationship.

However one can communicate a tremendous amount with pointing to words in a dictionary. Electronic translators suppliment that so much that one could almost get away with speaking different languages (ever watch Star Trek and their "Universal Translators"?

And, that doesn't include "Body Language" when a couple is together.... No, Se Lang, not that type of "BODY LANGUAGE" :P

Perhaps the problem with a "Yahoo" video tape is that it could easily be forged..... Have a third party write for Bing, and only show her face. And, of course, Bing's video could even be pre-recorded. Thus, they have very stringent rules about what is accepted.

I truly believe that you and Bing can communicate quite well. But, the VO didn't give Bing a chance to demonstrate your communication. I assume that Bing's language skills are adequate for you to carry on a conversation, especially when you are together in the same room, and the VO could have determined that by looking at your tape, phone records, e-mails, leters, and other evidence of communication as well as just spending some time to talk to her.

Anyway, I hope all goes well,

Clifford

Well, here is the Immigration and Nationality Act,

Secion 221(g)

I can't make heads or tails of what it is saying, but I guess it does give broad power to the consular officials.

Referemces to sections 212 are health related and do not apply in this case.

Immigration and Nationality Act

Reflecting Amendments by IIRAIRA (Pub. L. 104-208, 110 Stat. 3009 (September 30, 1996)) Original Text Includes Changes Made by Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 (Pub. L. 104-132, 110 Stat. 1214 (April 24, 1996))

Immigration and Nationality Act

TITLE II-IMMIGRATION

CHAPTER 3-ISSUANCE OF ENTRY DOCUMENTS

221 ISSUANCE OF VISAS

SEC. 221. [8 U.S.C. 1201]

(g) No visa or other documentation shall be issued to an alien if (1) it appears to the consular officer, from statements in the application, or in the papers submitted therewith, that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 212, or any other provision of law, (2) the application fails to comply with the provisions of this Act, or the regulations issued thereunder, or (3) the consular officer knows or has reason to believe that such alien is ineligible to receive a visa or such other documentation under section 212, or any other provision of law: Provided, That a visa or other documentation may be issued to an alien who is within the purview of section 212(a)(4), if such alien is otherwise entitled to receive a visa or other documentation, upon receipt of notice by the consular officer from the Attorney General of the giving of a bond or undertaking providing indemnity as in the case of aliens admitted under section 213: Provided further, That a visa may be issued to an alien defined in section 101(a)(15) (:blink: or (F), if such alien is otherwise entitled to receive a visa, upon receipt of a notice by the consular officer from the Attorney General of the giving of a bond with sufficient surety in such sum and containing such conditions as the consular officer shall prescribe, to insure that at the expiration of the time for which such alien has been admitted by the Attorney General, as provided in section 214(a), or upon failure to maintain the status under which he was admitted, or to maintain any status subsequently acquired under section 248 of the Act, such alien will depart from the United States.

http://www.theodora.com/ina_96.html

http://www.theodora.com/ina_96_title_2.html