visa denied

well, if everything is going well, that is a good thing, but if not, it is better when you are in China, get marry, then apply the K3 or CR1, but the docs for preparing your side, will take time, and sometimes, will drive you nuts to get every docs done. Like my husband last year before he headed to China to marry me, took him , 3 times go to Chicago to get all the docs done, then flew here in China to marry, anyway, wish you a good luck for your further trip to GZ , China.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl,

Just unbelievable what these people are doing to you. But I think your taking the right approach of going there with a calm demeanor. At least on the outside. Don't rip any heads off just yet. Wait until you get Bing over hear and then let ripping begin.

I suggest documenting everything you are doing, getting names, dates, times. Keep some kind of diary perhaps. Then after you get Bing to Oregon, fire off some letters to your Congressman, Senators, the head of USCIS, President Bush or Kerry, maybe even to some newspapers. Show them all the steps you had to take to fullfill all their absurd, arbitrary, mean spirited, time wasting, bureaucratic nonsense.

That's what I intend to do after I get Ling and her daughter to Maui. How they have wasted my time and wasted the taxpayers money, with their inefficiency, small mindedness, and ridiculas procedures.

As someone else said, "Don't let them get you down." My prayers are with you. Just like indigestion or gas, "This too shall pass."

I almost had Bing take the tape down the day after the rejection.  Then I thought " how many chances will I get?"  The VO knows about the tape.  She refused to look at it.  I'm afraid if I turn it in again it will strengthen her denial.  My plan is to make another tape and turn them both in.  I also think that if I am there this time it will make a strong impression.  Now how can I get a VHS tape made in GZ?

Carl

if you decide to come into Hong Kong. Just PM ore email me and you can come over to our place in Shenzhen. I'll even meet you at the louwu crossing so as not to waste your time trying to find our place.

We can shoot the video and edit it and I just pm'ed my wife at work to find a place to dub it over to VHS tape for you.

Than it is just a train ride to GZ.

Mark and Bea

I just had a long talk with Bing. The woman who interviewed her only wanted to see the I-134. She wouldn't look at any of our other evidence. Video,phone logs photos. She would only speak english and did not ask for an interpreter. she only asked Bing if she could speak english decided she couldn't speak well enough looked at my I-134 and denied the visa. I have a scanned copy of the blue slip now. the womans intitials are DW and all she checked is the box saying she wants me to make a video of me speaking and writing Chinese. If one of you has a website where we can post it Ill send a copy of the blue slip to you so you can all look at it. She was very rude to Bing. I am so angry it is going to be an arduous task to hold my temper while there.

I just had a long talk with Bing.  The woman who interviewed her only wanted to see the I-134.  She wouldn't look at any of our other evidence.  Video,phone logs photos.  She would only speak english and did not ask for an interpreter.  she only asked Bing if she could speak english decided she couldn't speak well enough looked at my I-134 and denied the visa.  I have a scanned copy of the blue slip now.  the womans intitials are DW and all she checked is the box saying she wants me to make a video of me speaking and writing Chinese.  If one of you has a website where we can post it Ill send a copy of the blue slip to you so you can all look at it.  She was very rude to Bing.  I am so angry it is going to be an arduous task to hold my temper while there.

Carl

I can post it on my web site, just email it to me and I'll have it there and a link to it back here in a few.

Mark and Bea

Ok

heard back from my wife the cost is 35 RMB to dub a VCD to VHS if you have the VHS tape and 50 RMB if not. They say it will take about 30 minutes to do it so you can wait while they transfer it, and you will have the VCD, playable in a DVD for your future viewing enjoyment as well.

Any hand and/or finger gestures will of course be at your discretion.

Mark and Bea :lol:

Ok

heard back from my wife the cost is 35 RMB to dub a VCD to VHS if you have the VHS tape and 50 RMB if not. They say it will take about 30 minutes to do it so you can wait while they transfer it, and you will have the VCD, playable in a DVD for your future viewing enjoyment as well.

Any hand and/or finger gestures will of course be at your discretion.

Mark and Bea B)

One of the hardest things for me to do this trip will be to control my temper. My mouth has gotten me in trouble before lol. Right now I am so angry, hurt and dissappointed that I could just scream. Of course since they want my hands visible while writing a phrase in Chinese characters I won't be able to even give them the official peace scout salute behind my back.

I am trying to learn to sing a couple of Chinese love Songs, seems her family wants to hear me sing. So i fiqured what better time to make a tape then when I'm trying to sing my wife a chinese Love Song..

Ah but can you write Chinese characters and sing at the same time?. Perhaps you can put William Hung out of business lol.

well Carl i'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor. I guess to say these are frustrating time would be an understatement. I still think that if your Yahoo tape is you and bing talking that it will be all you will need. If your going to, China anyway, maybe a backup tape of you speaking in chinese would be an extra. It is a tough language but maybe with a Chinese coach you can pull off five minutes. Hmmm, probably wouldn't be wise to express your political opinions or you views of the GZ consulate using the Chinese language. At least not until Bing is in the US. Ling has been following your case, reading over my shoulder. I think she is more pissed than you. She speaks very little english and really doesn't understand why you don't call King george w and have him give you a visa. I explained than self-appointed dictators rarely answer the phone. She believed me. Ling and I both want to wish you good luck and speed on your visa.

Trigg

I am trying to learn to sing a couple of Chinese love Songs, seems her family wants to hear me sing. So i fiqured what better time to make a tape then when I'm trying to sing my wife a chinese Love Song..

Ah but can you write Chinese characters and sing at the same time?. Perhaps you can put William Hung out of business lol.

William hung huh? Actually my Wife was singing to me when I was over there so i guess i can return the favor. Except I'll have an audience of about 14 people.. Big difference in a shower then in a Kareoke Place . Maybe I can start a chinese idol show.. When I go back.

But still pulling for you and bibg carl.. My wife told me that when she took me to see the english school she was going to, I was chatting with a few Chinese women outside the class and my wife said one of them was going to Oregon soon portland to be exact, Bing maybe?? This was back in January of this year.

Well Guys,

I finally arrived in Zhongshan and am still upset about Carl and Bings troubles!! I found out the day I was leaving that they were having problems and for 14 hours on that plane I was pissed!   I can't believe it!! How can they do such a thing!  Carl, don't even for a second think about K-3 or CR1!!!! Not one min!!!!

Of course, there is always Mexico....

Does Bing know how to swim?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK here we go in the on going saga of Carl and Bing. I've been running around like a mad man the last 2 hours trying to get my passport photo sent off and visa application done. It didnt help that my internet service went down at 230 this afternoon right when I was getting my flight booked through flychina.com. I couldn't open my email to print out the flight booking to fax back to them. Finally at 3:45 I got back on line. I then had to download the visa application because gee I just didn't happen to have a spare one in my back pocket. Then I rushed off to the triple A office to get a passport photo and then to the UPS store to fax the flight booking and overnight letter the visa application and passport. Of course being the sleep deprived airhead that I am I realized just barely in the nick of time that I forgot to put my passport in the envelope. We unsealed the envelope dropped in the passport and I got out the door just as the UPS driver was pulling up to pick up the last load for the day.

My itinerary is as follows.

April 23 depart PDX 10:10 AM via Nortwest airlines.

change planes in SFO and Tokyo

April 24 arrive in Hong Kong at 10:25 PM. From there I am not quite sure what to do. I want to catch the train to Shenzhen and get a hotel. I presume that Shenzhen is on the mainland side and Bing won't have any trouble getting there. Mark very graciously volunteered to meet me at the station and shoot the video for us. Mark you are truly a prince and I am so grateful to you. From there we will go to GZ to do battle with the forces of bureaucracy and after getting our hard won visa go to Nanning and get my blushing bride packed and ready to go. With bride in tow I hope to be coming back to Portland via Hong Kong on May 8th.

Sounds like a good game plan to me Carl. A couple of weeks in chian for you advanced honeymoon and back to the US visa and bride in hand in plenty of time for the spring beer festival. WHAT??? No spring beer festival in Portland? Outta be ilegal!!

Good luck man, you are definatley due some.

Trigg