visa denied

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow moon.. you hit my bandwith limit, this is a first.

The dir is just a text listing so to download the video just click on the file name which is lunchbingandcarl.wmv I think. something with lunch in it.

Mark and bea

Um, Mark,

You put Carl's video in a directory with a couple of other LARGER videos..... I presume that several people downloaded 60 MB rather than 6 MB.

I am sure that Carl and Bing have appreciated your help, and we all have enjoyed looking at the "Candle" version of the video.

Carl,

I wish you the best of luck when you head the embassy tomorrow. (ummm, is it today already ????) Well, I can't imagine any additional hassles.

----- CK ------

good luck.

my fiance and i had same problem - major export fair in GZ - every hotel is socking it to everyone and rooms are hard to find. i found bolor one at around $91/night (750RM) at the GZ Baiyun Hotel economy rate through this guy. it usually goes for less than $40/per when the fair isnt in town, but it was a good deal.

here is his email. try him and ask - couldnt hurt - esp. since your really getting socked at $240/night right now. he might be able to pull something for you that is much more reasonable.

btw - he is excellent in responding.

Dac>> Harrison

Dac>> Beijing Connectwest Information Consultation Service Corp.

Dac>> Tel: (86-10)64334033

Dac>> Fax: (86-10)64334033

Dac>> No.16-16 Chaoyang District Beijing, P. R. China

Dac>> E-mail: harrison@sinohotelguide.com

Hi gang we went to the consulate today to submit the video. We got there about 730 am and stood in line until 9. There werent many people in line for interview today. maybe 15 - 20. The overcome line was just about as long. There was a sign saying we could get fingerprinted when we come back for the results but said nothing about photos. I tried to find someone to ask about the recent bickering with China but no one could or would help me. I was told to come back tomorrow for the thursday bitch session. I'll try to keep you posted if I can find another internet cafe. right now Bing is sleeping so I went downstairs to ask about where an internet cafe is and a soldier in the lobby took me out to the street and stopped a guy on a motorcycle and had him give me a ride down here. it's a pretty good distance from the hotel and to tell the truth I'm not sure I can find my way back to the hotel lol. Wish us luck

Hi gang we went to the consulate today to submit the video.  We got there about 730 am and stood in line until 9.  There werent many people in line for interview today.  maybe 15 - 20.  The overcome line was just about as long.  There was  a sign saying we could get fingerprinted when we come back for the results but said nothing about photos.  I tried to find someone to ask about the recent bickering with China but no one could or would help me.  I was told to come back tomorrow for the thursday bitch session.  I'll try to keep you posted if I can find another internet cafe.  right now Bing is sleeping so I went downstairs to ask about where an internet cafe is and a soldier in the lobby took me out to the street and stopped a guy on a motorcycle and had him give me a ride down here.  it's a pretty good distance from the hotel and to tell the truth I'm not sure I can find my way back to the hotel lol.  Wish us luck

Carl,

I think I missed something. You went to GZ.

Did they take the video and review it? Was the "Come Back Tomorrow" to pick up the visa, or to present the video again?

I hope they aren't playing a game like.... Come back Thursday, then... Pick up your visa on the next business day... Oh, sorry, we are closed for 2 weeks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good Luck with EVERYTHING, and try to have a fun time together.

----- Clifford -----

Guest blsqueaky

Hello Carl, if you are on Shamian Island, there is a small internet cafe just across the street from Lucy's, in fact right next door to my wife's home. If you still have her number, give her a call.

Keep me posted.

yes, same here. i hope they arent playing the game.

hope you got back to the hotel and all is well. GZ is a nice place to "visa", but i wouldnt wanna live there. (hehe, lil bit o'  :rolleyes: )

Groan

We did go GZ afterall. Bing found us a room and we had to rush to make the checkout time

:angry: hi,everybody! Why cant i watch his video??? they just showed

Index of /video

Parent Directory

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.marksullivanphotography.com Port 80

I clicked Parent Directory,i just could see some pics.....but no Carl's video....wht's going on with it???

Can anyone tell me??? :unsure:

:angry: hi,everybody! Why cant i watch his video??? they just showed

Index of /video

Parent Directory

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.marksullivanphotography.com Port 80

I clicked Parent Directory,i just could see some pics.....but no Carl's video....wht's going on with it???

Can anyone tell me??? :unsure:

I think the video was moved due to heavy downloads and limited bandwidth.

Try this chain:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....t=ST&f=1&t=5164

The video is now located here:

http://www.k1k3.com/resources.php