visa denied

These are the only words of communication needed between a Couple in Love ( to start any way)

Wo Ai Ni Carl

(hope I said that right) if not I apologize...

Wo Ai Ni Bing

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :P

It makes the World Go Around.

Hmmmmmmmmmm my MM always says Da Bai Chi, I don't think it means the same :P

Are you sure she's not saying dui bu qi (I'm sorry)? :wub:

Nope definitely "Da Bai Chi" ( Big Idiot)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is the first draft of the letter I am going to have Bing give with the video we will make. I want to know what you think. I don't want to piss them off with anger or accusations yet let them know I am firm in my resolve to bring my bride home.

Dear Visa Officer.

I have come to China to resolve the communication issue between Bing and myself raised during her interview April 13 2004 and bring my fiancée home with me. The blue slip issued is an impossible demand. I can neither speak nor write Chinese. I am somewhat puzzled by this because Bing will be living in the USA where her speaking English would be more important than me being able to speak Chinese. Bing does speak English. I have known her for two years. Since my last visit to China we have talked almost nightly via web cam and microphone. I have watched her English skills improve dramatically. The problem and the one I think caused the blue slip is that Bing doesn’t always hear English well. When we are talking and she doesn’t understand something I say I type it out so she can read it. She then responds in English. If she still doesn’t understand we use a pocket translator but that is used rarely. Her English has improved to the point to where now I am correcting her grammar rather than just communicating. Upon her arrival in the USA she will immediately enroll in ESL classes at Portland Community College. Below are the classes she will be taking.

English as a Second Language (ESL)The ESL program teaches English language communication skills to immigrant and refugee residents. Four levels of reading, writing, speaking, listening, and pronunciation classes are offered.Classes are held at PCC's campuses and centers and some community sites. Nine hours of classes per level are held in the morning, evening and some Saturdays. Students pay $30 per term for an ESL Integrated Skills 6 hr/wk class. Students pay $10 per term for an ESL Writing and Reading class or an ESL Listening, Speaking and Pronunciation class or ESL Integrated Skills 3 hr/wk class.Students' current English skills must be determined before they begin classes. There is a $15 fee for placement tests.After placement, students are registered in classes as space becomes available. There is a one to three month wait at many sites where ESL is offered.

Adult Basic Skills Division2850 S.E. 82 AveRoom 111Portland, Oregon97280-0990

We also have mutual friends here in Portland where the wife is Chinese and the husband is American. They will help us with any communication issues we can’t handle ourselves although I doubt we will ever need it. I hope this letter and the video we just made will resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely

Carl W, Etherton

Anyone know exactly how to get from the airport to the crossing at Lok Ma Chau and the name of a hotel I can stay in there? It will be late when I get into Hong Kong and it is the checkpoint that will still be open.

Warped board,

It would help me to help you if I knew what time you would arrive in HK.

I have gone that way many times, and I have neither the money, or time to waste in HK when I could be with my wife in Shenzhen.

So what I do is walk out of customs and out into the main hall. Almost directly ahead are several bus kiosks. I have always used one called Eternal East bus line. You pay around 20 dollars, and they put a EE bus sticker on your shirt. The last bus out is around 9:30. I have a schedule at the house and can get exact info if you want.

The bus takes you to the border crossing. You take your luggage, go into the border control, and get checked out of HK. Make sure you have a good look at the bus and its number before going into customs. After clearing

customs, get back on the same bus. (they'll be watching out for you and do a head count before leaving.

When you get to the China side, you'll go through the same routine again.

After customs, walk out the main door to Shenzhen. Once again, the girl from the EE bus line will be looking for your lapel sticker, and will put you on another bus or mini bus bound for different hotels in Shenzhen.

I always tell them I'm going to the Shenzhen Bay Hotel. It's a great place to stay if you've got the dough, but I very rarely stay at the western style 4 star hotels. I get dropped off there, and meet my wife there.

Then we get a taxi and head for the Fouhaoshen Hotel. (about 1/4 the cost) I could take you there, but can't tell you how to get there. If you meet your wife at the Shenzen Bay Hotel, tell her to pick a local hotel in your price range, and she'll get you there.

Hope this helps. The process is the same no matter which bus line you choose.

By the way, when you see the huge lines at the border, don't panick. A bus load moves through in about 15 min.

Dean

My plane gets into HK at 1025 PM. As I understand the checkpoint at Loc Ma Chau is the only one open at that time. I have no desire to stay in HK when a warm hug and kiss are waiting for me in SZ. Bing wouldn't know any hotels. She is coming from Nanning.

hi, Carl.

A. Since your flight will arrive at HongKong airport about 10:25PM, the final E&E bus closed at 7pm, there will be no E&E bus come to Shenzhen when you arrived. HuanDao DaLuTong bus service will be the only choice which take you to their terminal Lok Ma Chou will be closed at 11pm. So when you walk rushly out of the plane, please go directly to counter A09 or B01 to buy the bus tickets which will charge you $130 HK Dollars.

B. Hotel Reservation, most of standard room with double beds in 5 star hotel in Shenzhen cost about $100-120 USD($800-1000 Yuan RMB), Four star hotel about $60-80 USD ($450-600 Yuan RMB), if you want it convenient for Bing to meet you, you can stay at four star hotel for the first night as you arrive, then transfer to a three stars if want to save the dollars for later. or If you want a Hotel near Huang Gang custom, you may have Huang Gang Hotel, two star, 200 Yuan RMB for per standard room. Tel: 83392222, or GuangYin XiYou Hotel, also near HuangGang Custom, Tel: 83398887.

I would recommend Holiday Inn(Shekou Tel:26416688), or Nanhai Hotel(Shekou,Tel:26692888), HaiJing Hotel(also named SeaView Hotel in Hua Qiao Cheng, Tel:26602222), Shenzhen Bay Hotel(Hua Qiao Cheng, Tel: 26600111)..those are all four star hotel which costs about 450 YUAN RMB per night to stay, and they are easy for Bing to find.

or you can check this hotel booking site for more information of hotel£¬ http://www.webtourist.net/china/shenzhen/h...11288429.html£¬

Good luck! Pray you and Bing come to US together soon!

Oops! I just heard that Shenzhen Bay hotel is redecorating and they are not taking any reservation currently.

Well, Crown Plaza Hotel is also in HuaQiao Cheng which nearer than SheKou Area from Huang Gang Custom, Tel: 2693-6888. it is five star that will cost 1500 Yuan per night, but the hotel has direct car or van going to the airport picking you up regardless whether you booked the hotel or not. The van or car that they pick you up from HK airport would be obtainable 24 hours a day, the only thing is, they charge 1400-1600 HK Dollars per ride. But the advantage would be, you and your luggage do not need to get off the van for custom checking.

Thank you SeaSame I think I have it figured out now. Mark called the bus company for me. Here is his results.

Ok if you are at the airport and ready to leave before 12 mid night. you can take the E34 BUS at {the airport ground transportation center} to bus stop Yau San Street in Yuen Long. Than cross street to take the N277 Bus to Lok Ma Chau check point {These are all KMB busses}

Now if you should miss this bus and it is after mid-night you can go to the same place {the airport ground transportation center} and catch either of these two busses at these times. AT 12:20 and 1:10 am take bus N30 to Kuk Tiang Street in Yuen Long at this same stop you transfer to the N277 to the Lok Ma Chau.

Both of these routes will take 1 1/2 hours from the air port to the check point. the prices are. E34 is 13.00 HKD and N277 is 9.40 HKD and N30 is 26.00 HKD

So from what I remember it seems this is the best and cheapest way to go and easiest. You will have plenty of time to make this connection and the hotel phone number is 8338 5888. Seems like you could give Bing a call there just before you enter the boarder crossing and by the time you have cleared it she should be there to meet you or just a few minutes more. I'm thinking that at night you should get thru there quickly. for me at lou wu during the day i figure 45 mintues or so.

Now fly china has me biting my nails. When I bought the ticket the agent assured me if I paid for rush service I would have my visa in time for this friday mornings flight. I emailed them this morning to make sure everything was cool and here is what they replied.

What is the status of my visa? I tried the tracking number and it doesn't

>work. I would also like to verify that you are sending it to the correct

>address

>xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Portland, Or 97206

>I will be home all day tomorrow but thursday I have to work. If they

>deliver thursday I need to make sure they will either leave it by the front

>door or with a neighbor. I am nervous due to the tight time frame. I am

>leaving for China friday morning.

>Thank you

>Carl

>