visa denied

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.. Darn.... Carl changed my log in on CFL.

and...... keys on the keyboard are all orange??? :D :D

Yup what a great couple and darned if Carl didn't hang in there until past 10 PM when they left, up all day.

I don't think he wants to take his eyes and ears off Bing for one moment!

Mark and Bea

Cool video.  Ok, though,  I give. What's the significance of the Cheetos?

Perry

Poor newbies...so much to learn about the actual visa process.

Great video. Nice presentation. But, please tell me that's only for fun. I mean, you're not going to submit that to GZ, are you??? Bing says at one point, "Hello. Bye bye. That's all I can say." (or something like that). It's very, very clear Carl and Bing are comfortable together and that the bond between them is strong. But, GZ will want something more.

Okay, se lang...you're right. I do start a lot of stuff around here. Not always intentionally, however. But.......

It does seem Bing's English is incredibly limited. I hope she just had stage fright in front of the camera. GZ will want to see five minutes of Carl and Bing carrying on a conversation about something...anything. Not just "hello....bye bye."

Bing says at one point, "Hello.  Bye bye.  That's all I can say."  (or something like that).

I have to say I share Dave's concern; GZ will definitely need more....it seemed Bing was mostly repeating what Mark and Carl suggested; though, in the part quoted above, she is not talking about herself, but about her father.

Perhaps more open-ended questions could be asked, such as having Carl and Bing talk together about how they met, allowing them to do most of the talking. Or even better, if they were just talking to each other, as though the camera weren't even there.

She is a very lovely lady, btw, nice to have a larger image than their avatar pic :)

Don't worry guys that isn't the tape for GZ. She was a little nervous and I assure you she speaks much better than that. We were joking around about how so many Chinese learn english by rote expecting a cut and dried response to every statement.

Cool video.  Ok, though,  I give. What's the significance of the Cheetos?

Perry

Poor newbies...so much to learn about the actual visa process.

Great video. Nice presentation. But, please tell me that's only for fun. I mean, you're not going to submit that to GZ, are you??? Bing says at one point, "Hello. Bye bye. That's all I can say." (or something like that). It's very, very clear Carl and Bing are comfortable together and that the bond between them is strong. But, GZ will want something more.

Okay, se lang...you're right. I do start a lot of stuff around here. Not always intentionally, however. But.......

It does seem Bing's English is incredibly limited. I hope she just had stage fright in front of the camera. GZ will want to see five minutes of Carl and Bing carrying on a conversation about something...anything. Not just "hello....bye bye."

Listen again. She was talking about when her dad visited her brother in england All her father could say was hello bye bye.Porr newbies will have to research all the cheetos threads

Thanks guys

We made the video for GZ yesterday and took it to have it dubbed onto VHS. It will be ready today. It appears we are going to stay in SZ for the duration of the GZ battle. We can't seem to find a room in GZ for less than 2000 RMB per night due to some trade fair going on there. Tomorrow morning we will get up bright and early and head for GZ. I sent them an email yesterday morning inquiring about hours and days we can submit our stuff and they replied the same day. Here is what they said.

Dear petitioner,

Thanks for your email. Ms. Huang is welcome to return to the consulate

between 9AM and 10AM, Monday through Thursday (except for holidays) to

submit additional documents.

The consulate will be closed to the public on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday,

May 3, 4, and 5, and will return to normal operations and reopen to the

public on Thursday, May 6, 2003.