visa denied

I think Carl said the VO ask for a video of him speaking Chinese.  Why not give her (VO) what she wants

We have many members here who are Chinese or have love ones who are Chinese. We all can help him with a word or two or maybe even a sentence.

I am sure we can do it for Carl and Bing.

resp

Carl,

Your head must be swirling with ideas......

Perhaps it is time to head to one of those "bars" in East Portland and slosh down a few brews while watching the local entertainment.... Hmmm, probably won't help, but worth a try anyway. :angry: :o

As far as making another tape...... I would say NO !!!!!

Ok, perhaps I am a bit stubborn, and perhaps a little passive aggressive.....

But, in a purely hypothetical discussion (since I am not in your shoes now), I would be more in favor of trying to fight this. Call Linda Donahue, and talk to her about your disappointment with "The System", and how you and Bing had an overabundance of evidence demonstrating your communication (including a video tape of the two of you talking), and how the VO refused to look ask any questions about your relationship, or communication, and denied the visa based on a 3 second language quiz. It is as if the reason behind requesting that you make a new video tape it to embarrass you rather than provide any kind of meaningful data to the process.

If she doesn’t listen, I think telephone, e-mail, and fax bombardment is the way to go……

Of course, this is your call…. It is yours and Bing’s lives that are on the line if we manage to piss off the wrong person and create longer delays. And, of course, those who are following you may be affected positively (or negatively) if you make a big stink.

----- Clifford ----

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an email tonight from a guy at AAC who had the same thing happen to him. Here is what he said.

Hi, Carl

Sorry if you could not get through tonight. I was helping one of my wife's friends in China who just got a blue slip for the same thing, among other things, and she was sending us a faxed copy of about 3 pages of checked items to return to the consulate.

You will need to go to China to make the video tape, but don't risk making it in Chinese. My wife's blue slip said to make it in Chinese. However, she had told "Henry" at Window # 7 that I did not speak any Chinese, so they would have been able to claim that I had the Chinese dubbed in if I had tried to make the video in Chinese, and then she might have received a permanent rejection slip. We took the chance that they would accept it in English, and they did. Your fiancee would probably get a different VO to review the tape, who might then wonder what was wrong with "Henry", that he thought your fiancee could not speak English well enough, and quickly approve her visa, as they did for my wife.

So far this is my plan. I am going to go to China and meet Bing in GZ and find a place to make a video of us talking. I am going to take a statement from Mi and Yuqing since they know us both and can atest to the fact our relationship is legitimate. I need to put together some kind of statement saying something to the effect that I have known Bing two years and we manage to comunicate very well thank you and that her being fluent in English or me speaking Chinese is not a legal requirement. Since she will be living here it is more important That Bing speak english and she will be enrolled in ESL classes as soon as she gets here.

Probably it would be detrimental to our case to point out that the woman at widow 11 was totally unreasonable and wouldn't even give Bing a Chance. Once this is all over though and I have Bing here with green card in hand I may make it my personal mission in life to see to it that every legislator that will listen find out what kind of service americans wives and fiances receive at the consulate. Actually I probably won't, I am just blowing off steam because I am still angry.

Now. I need to get a visa. Things have changed since last I was there and I hear there are new requirements to get a visa to China. I need to find a fast service that can give me about a 10 day turn around. Bing says not to go until May 1 because the hotels are all full because of spring festival so I may have to wait until then.

Last of all I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. All I can say is thank god I found this website. I think I would be lost without my CFL brothers. (and sisters Mari and Kim) I have made friends here that I hope last a lifetime. Dave, Mark and Frank (Sherry) even though we don't agree politically I admire and respect your conviction. Besides I do enjoy our debates even if I can't make you see the light.

Carl,

Damn it! I'm sorry this happened to you and Bing, of all people. My first impulse is to revert to my southern roots and want to open a big barrel of whoopass on somebody. Obviously that's not a possibility, so I'll try to be a little more useful.

I know this sucks for you. It's so unfair and full of injustice and nothing burns me up more than that. What a crock! It's as if they want to instill fear in those who apply for their damn visa.

I, for once, agree with Clifford. (That alone should compel you.) Why the hell should you present any more evidence than you already have? Evidence that this bimbo didn't even look at. WTF?!!!!! It might be a different scenario if she'd looked at everything and asked for more, but how can she just blow Bing off like that?

Anyway, I'm ready to fire off a letter when needed, just ask. In the meantime, I plan to do exactly what I am doing for mine and ShuPing's case. I pray. I am praying for you and Bing, Carl. I know that God has the power to work this out for you two. This is simply a bump in the road and will only make your love and determination stronger.

Find out as much as you can about all this. Keep a cool head and take a few deep breaths, then just know that it will work out for you guys. You'd be suprised what a little positive energy can do for a situation. In fact, I'd like to ask everyone here to add as much positive energy as they can muster about this.

Let's just imagine Carl and Bing together, Bing getting through customs and the happy reunion they will have there in the airport. I really believe this kind of energy is more than GZ can trump. We can't do anything else right now, we might as well try this.

Hang in there Carl. This will work out and you will come through this with Bing in your arms.

Lol my inclination is to raise as much hell as possible to anyone who will listen but I am taking Don's advice to use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of my mouth while kissing their ass. They still have all the power and I can't afford to piss them off. Don is wise and I value his opinions highly. I will do what ever it takes to get Bing here. Our wedding plans are pretty much shot and our honeymoon will be spent by my trip to China but what the hell. We need to pump a little more money into their economy to pay for all that outsourcing lol.

Carl,

Logged in expecting to see good news and instead ran into this thread. :greenblob: I just waded through four screenful of messages and I think your plan is a good one. If you don't think you get the hang of the four tones in Chinese, any Chinese that you read from the pinyin will sound really bizarre and would make it clear that you two do not really communicate in Chinese.

The advice from the letter you posted seems like excellent advice. The legal requirements are for you two to communicate, not for you to speak Chinese. Just telling things the way it is, I find, often the best policy.

I think the consulate in San Francisco does one day visa turn-arounds for an extra $30 if you hand it in personally. That would mean a trip down here, I know. :-( Perhaps others know of agencies that will do this for ya.

http://houston.china-consulate.org/eng/vp/...zgqz/t53304.htm

I can imagine you being very ticked off at these folks now, but hold it in until Bing is on American soil...

Hang in there!

Jerry

Carl,

First let me once again let you know we are with you in every way. I'm not sure you need to go to china to resolve this but maybe you know best. Anyway, I have used an online service to get a visa to go to China. It only took 4 days from the time I fedexed my passport to the time I got the Visa. Unfortunaltley I live in the area that uses the D.C Chinese embassy and this service is in D.C. I found it online. There were many simular ones for my area and I'm sure you could find one for yours. It could eliminate the need to fly to SFO. If memory serves me, it was an additional 75$. Just a thought. My thoughts are with you man. Best of luck to you and Bing. Anything we can do---just ask

Trigg

carl;

There is a place in Kowloon, a japanese travel agency that will get you a 6 month multi visa that day if in by 9am and next day if later.

Not sure what time your flight gets into HK but mine from JFK was after 11pm so plenty of time to get there for 9am and visa back by 6 pm or maybe 2pm.(My last one was back by 2 pm.) it was 1150HKD for same day service and is an F visa issued on Feb 20/2004, so things may have changed but if you are interested I will gladly give them a call and up date you. Just remember your 2 pics for this and if you forget like ahhh hmmm someone I know.. :greenblob: you can get them taken at the photo shop next door.

Mark and Bea

Carl,

I used Pasport Visa Express.com, you can get one day service. It is more expensive, but if you FedEx it to them and they take to embassy for you and FedEx it back, takes a very short time. I sent mine by Priority Mail and they FedEx it back, I did regular processing, and it took only 10 days from time I mailed until it was back in my hands.

My MM said 001 ladies are talking about your situation too. I hope Bing is getting as much support from them as we are giving you. I know all our positive energy will help.

David

I'm sorry for what has happened to you folks, especially after reading the reception you planned for her arrival and the other posts you've written about your travels and meetings. Although I can't offer any technical support, you have my moral support.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it helps people like myself in many ways. Stay strong.

Best Wishes and Positive Energy,

Now.  I need to get a visa.  Things have changed since last I was there and I hear there are new requirements  to get a visa to China.  I need to find a fast service that can give me about a 10 day turn around.  Bing says not to go until May 1 because the hotels are all full because of spring festival so I may have to wait until then.  

Carl,

Check out Visarite

http://www.visarite.com/

Very fast service if you need it. I have used them 3 times.

Wow Carl.....

I think the Mick Whup Eric and the 300 threads are going to be buried by the "Carl & Bing" thread :D :D

--------------

Do you think anybody ever sits back and thinks about the cost of this folly?

I just sent in my taxes.... $3,500 extra because our visa has been delayed.... ( Maybe that is their goal :P ) I am planning my third trip to visit Irina (another $2K or more flushed).... Like you, I have plans and dreams of traveling with her, but I would like it to be on my own terms. I have delayed plane tickets just sitting waiting to be used (plus the cost of delaying them)

In your case, this one rude request is going to cost you an additional $2K. And, I can't imagine how pissing you and Bing off has actually protected our National Security??? :greenblob: :redblob: :D :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

This is just crazy.... They charge you $100 for the interview, and then do such a horrendous job at talking to Bing, and don't even give her 5 minutes of their time so that it costs you an additional $2000 to fix their mess.

----------------

I still believe that you should make as big of a stink as possible….. But, I don't know what I would do if I was in your shoes, and your decision seems to be a very sound one. Of course, we all support you 100% with whatever you end up doing..... The only important thing is for you and Bing to be together, and happy.

I wish you the best of luck,

Clifford

Now.  I need to get a visa.  Things have changed since last I was there and I hear there are new requirements  to get a visa to China.  I need to find a fast service that can give me about a 10 day turn around.  Bing says not to go until May 1 because the hotels are all full because of spring festival so I may have to wait until then.  

Carl,

Check out Visarite

http://www.visarite.com/

Very fast service if you need it. I have used them 3 times.

I concur. I used them to, and also buy Biz seats from them.. Cheap !

Good luck. This is terrible and Yuhui and I are sorry about the setback..

Carl, I know you must still feel very frustrated, but now I can see you are getting over it and thinking clearly. You can't escape from your travelling to China, and should feel blessed from the reassurance given by the guy from AAC, as he has gone thru the same and finally succeeded. I know you will too, don't despair, it's just a matter of time and a little more effort on your part. Bing definitely needs your company and support, I was talking to my bf this morning and he said maybe she just got too tense at the interview, but I'm sure that whoever has the chance to see a video of you and Bing communicating to each other, will agree yours is a true relationship. I just wonder why some of this VO's are so unreasonable, as we are the ones who are feeding their tables, without us there will not be a reason for them to be there. Anyway, swallow your anger now, it's not a good time to show it, it will make things worse. And remember: "there is no rose without thorns". God bless and good luck. :o