Randy W

• 2 weeks later...

It's doing okay - kind of an extended recovery now. I am still unable to navigate around the house. I'll feel much better when I can take care of myself.

my lumbar infection is drained. I'm trying to get back on my feet now. The lower back pains are keeping me bedridden.
I have full motor control and feeling in everything.
I was transported from my hospital bed to my bed at home - bed to bed on a stretcher. Total fee $20USD. This was an actual commercial service, but NOT an ambulance, although it was advertised at the hospital.

Hey! Great news!

There's no place like home!

You probably don't like being a burden to those around you, but you'll turn this around.

I've had ideas what I would do in your situation but I won't bother you with it unless you reach some point where you're looking for advice.

Greg

Hey! Great news!

There's no place like home!

You probably don't like being a burden to those around you, but you'll turn this around.

I've had ideas what I would do in your situation but I won't bother you with it unless you reach some point where you're looking for advice.

Greg

I'm not sure that I am- I think it will just take time - but Hey! Go for it.

My plan for now is to get back on my feet to where I can get around the apartment.

The surgery I'm sure was necessary to drain the fluid, but seems to have changed nothing for now but I'm expecting good things in the coming weeks. That is, the response wasn't ss immediate as I would have liked.

It's the "one meter" yardstick

[Guangxi Early Warning Center] Epidemic prevention and control, "one meter" civilization. Wear a mask correctly, and work, go out, line up, ride, eat, etc., and actively maintain a safe distance of more than one meter. Autonomous Region Health and Health Committee, Disease Control Center

[Guangxi Early Warning Center] All personnel returning to Guangxi must report to the local village (neighborhood) committee and fill out the Guangxi residents' health declaration form as soon as possible, and implement classified management. Autonomous Region Health and Health Committee, Disease Control Center

• Like 1

Jiaying was called the other day about my "quarantine" - apparently they have me confused with my hospital name of 瓦特, or wǎtè.

She chose that since the hospital computers only allow 4 Chinese characters.

Anyway, she straightened them out.

Well, I'm getting there SLOWLY. I tried to stand on my own 2 feet, but only 1 would cooperate

I can drop my left foot off the bed d0wn to the floor, and then pick it up again. My right foot isn't interested just yet though.

• Like 2

I managed to get both feet on the floor by myself. So the wife and bro-in-law each grabbed me under an arm and set me down in a chair, where I sat sweating and tingling up a storm for a couple of minutes until they set me back on the bed.

That's it for mobility these days.

Been following all along, Randy. Despite being so diminished I congratulate you for still keeping up with the site. And keep up the good work of recovery. It'll happen.

Anything I can do otherwise, to lighten the load, please do not hesitate. Just keep in mind I am mostly systems programming with some distributive database experience. But I can follow a checklist.

• Like 1

As the kid said in Jurassic park: "well, we're out of the car, but back in the tree!"

Did this pain nerve impairment come on suddenly - like from injury - or has it been gradual? I would expect a longer recovery from an injury. I can imagine fighting the pain while you were upright in a chair, you had to find out, though.

Are the legs equally affected? Or, maybe, could you lean more on one leg the next time you try standing?

did you say the MRI showed normal discs?

There was no pain during this little exercise- just a tingling, which I interpreted as circulatory. The legs are numb, but not without some feeling. I knew I could stand on them, but not for more than a few seconds.

It DOES seem to be an injury, but it's not clear of what - circulatory system? muscular (due to circulatory insufficiency)? The circulation has been normal since August when I was taken off the beta blockers. The fluid buildup was removed by the surgery. The mobility impairments were gradual, starting with a right knee pain (Aug., 2018), to a 5 - 10 min numbness I would experience while walking last fall. I would simply stop for that period of time before continuing. This occurred through the fall of last year, until January when I began to have trouble getting up..

Everything appears normal now to the scans.

Randy, take it slow at first. You know my leg condition. They said I would never play sports but at 36 I was playing soccer and kicking ass.

Keep walking when you can. Never stop staying reasonably active. Sounds like you got a good attitude and that is so important.