Randy W

I pay $67/month to Comcast for ~30-50MbS down and about 6 up. Obviously not in the realm of your service and cost. And, I own my cable modem.

Tell me if I'm wrong to think this way, but I anticipate that with 5G and living in an urban center we can ditch cable I can have a 5G hub in the house to which I pay the vendor of my choice a monthly. We don't do cable tv, just over the air TV.

Results may vary. The 5G Home was proprietary, not along the 5G NR standard that is forming:

"Verizon brought 5G Home to parts of four cities―Houston, Indianapolis,

Los Angeles, and Sacramento―late last year, charging $70 a month for

service with no data caps and typical download speeds of 300Mbps."

In addition to equipment availability issues, the physical network needs to be re-built. Doubt it would come to my neighborhood first.

That's $250USD for 2 years, or a little over $20USD per month. 100MB is the rated capacity, but that will often drop all the way to 0, depending on load, especially with the 70th Anniversary Golden Week coming up, and Hong Kong demonstrations still in full swing.

5G, to me, seems more like a next generation bluetooth, than a network standard. I don't think that the existing network infrastructure can keep up.

I'll stick with my 4G which gets downgraded to 3G for about the last 2 weeks of every month. I hardly notice when it does.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

First earthquake ever (in Jiaying's knowledge). I was napping at the time, and didn't notice anything. She heard noises but didn't know what it was..

【广西预警中心】据中国地震台网正式测定:10月12日22时55分,在广西玉林市北流市发生5.2级地震,震源深度10公里。
Guangxi Early Warning Center: According to the official determination of China's seismic network: October 12, 22:55, in Yulin City, Guangxi, a 5.2-magnitude earthquake, the depth of 10 kilometers.

First earthquake ever (in Jiaying's knowledge). I was napping at the time, and didn't notice anything. She heard noises but didn't know what it was..

【广西预警中心】据中国地震台网正式测定:10月12日22时55分,在广西玉林市北流市发生5.2级地震,震源深度10公里。
Guangxi Early Warning Center: According to the official determination of China's seismic network: October 12, 22:55, in Yulin City, Guangxi, a 5.2-magnitude earthquake, the depth of 10 kilometers.

from China Daily

A 5.2-magnitude earthquake hits Beiliu, South China's Guangxi

5da2ad04a310cf3e97a1002c.jpeg

looks like someone's slumber party was interrupted in Beiliu.

A 5.2-magnitude earthquake hit Beiliu of Yulin city, South China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, on Saturday evening, according to China Earthquake Networks Center.
Sixty-six residents were evacuated in Yunlin by 8:00 am Sunday, Guangxi Emergency Management Office said. No casualties were reported.
The quake struck at 22:55 pm. Since the epicenter was located at the border of Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region and Guangdong province, many places in the two places felt the earthquake.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you remember when Japan was on top of the world and buying up half of America and building a little Manhattan? Then the bottom dropped out of it. Even our Fire Cheif's boss gave him a book and ordered him to read it on how to do business the Japanese way. Now, look where they are. I know that they are still doing well but nothing like they were then. I am afraid that the same thing is going to happen to China. They are going to build themselves right out of business.

• Like 1

Out with the old, in with the new. Our old washing machine wore out its heating element, so no more dry cycle. Since Samsung doesn't sell washing machines in China any more, we decided to buy a new Panasonic.

gallery_1846_744_86139.jpg

Panasonic isn't as English friendly as Samsung. I had to download an English manual from Malaysia, but it looks like a good one.

• 1 month later...
My EKG on beta blockers (left, 6 months ago) vs. NOW on alpha blockers. My doctor last week had prescribed Trimetazidine after looking at the first EKG, which showed atrioventicular block and right bundle branch block. I made him take another one. Prescription not needed.

After Googling those terms, I figured it might have been due to the beta blockers, especially since the doctors then had recommended only that I switch from beta to alpha blockers.

"Sinus rhythm" I believe translates better as "solid heart rhythm".

Trimetazidine for stable angina pectoris. ... Current anginal medications include beta-blockers and calcium antagonists, which decrease ischaemic severity by reducing cardiac workload, and nitrates, which increase coronary blood flow.

https://www.facebook.com/randy.walser/posts/2946553865376693

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1