Randy W

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think that they will ever stop displaying the hanging meat in the windows for everyone to see?

There's no objection to that, whether at the grocery stores, butcher markets, or at the restaurants. Even in high end supermarkets, meat is laid loose and un-wrapped in open bins where anyone's grubby fingers can get at it.

I've been to restaurants where they would choke my (live) chicken, drain its blood, and prepare it in full view of where I was sitting.

I haven't seen any dog meat hung like that, though, in four years, except at the butcher stalls. That's been the one compromise from the dog meat industry (and consumers).

• Like 1

Randy, a Toyota Celica, 90R eng. was the most carefree car and economical car that I have ever owned. I put 125,000 miles on it and the only thing, other than the usual things that you expect like batteries, was a head gasket which I replaced myself. When I took the head off at 110,000 miles you could still see the crosshatches in the cylinders where they honed them at the factory. I didn't have to replace the brake shoes until 98,000 miles. Unbelievable I know but true.

This Cadaliac that I own now had part of the plastic on the seatbelt to break and it cost $878 to replace it. It was still under warranty thank God. Time to get something else now I think. Keep it, it will still last you a long time. Just keep the oil changes that is the life of an engine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

An interesting conversation on one of my YouTube videos, although he seems to have deleted the comment about the "foreign friend".

His "name" is 戰忽局新北市分局黨支部書記 or "Secretary of the Party Branch of the New North City Branch" as translated by Google

北市 translated by Google is Baishi or "North City", which is Taipei

戰忽局新北市分局黨支部書記 Secretary of the Party Branch of the New North City Branch
1 day ago
龟山? Guishan (or Guitouling - Turtle Mountain Range of Yulin)
Randy W
1 day ago
都峤山森林公园 Duqiaoshan Forest Park is near Rongxian 容县
戰忽局新北市分局黨支部書記
23 hours ago
@Randy W 您是外国人还是玉林人? Are you a foreigner or a Yulin person?
Randy W
21 hours ago
@戰忽局新北市分局黨支部書記 - An American in Yulin
戰忽局新北市分局黨支部書記 replied: "Randy W nice to meet you american friend.i am so amazed that a foreign friend lives in my hometown."
10 hours ago
Randy W
1 second ago
I have been here - retired - since 2010. You are in Taipei?

One thing I can check off of my bucket list - buying a book, only to find myself unexpectedly in it.
After a conversation about the Sayre Drug Store in Seabrook, where I grew up, I found the book Seabrook (Images of America) on Amazon, bought it, and there I am on page 77 in a chapter on NASA and Incorporation. 2nd row, far right of the Boy Scout picture. An excellent treasure trove of information for anyone from Seabrook
I'm not sure why they didn't also mention Marty Schirra and Fred Borman, who are also in the picture, and mixed up Apollo 13 with Apollo 1, but there we are!

gallery_1846_686_309758.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2674880242544058&set=a.101362986562476&type=3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A surprise encounter with Yulin's Beer Girl ( see http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45352-from-yulin/page-45?do=findComment&comment=639739)

The Stuka Beer is no longer, so she has graduated to Baijiu Girl - gave me a free sample

gallery_1846_744_528827.jpg

gallery_1846_744_689692.jpg

Notice that LIQuan is still using the Clinton 1998 Commemorative bottles

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)