Randy W

Chenxi's COVID homework - school starts next month.

He has to report on his summertime trips, especially to any high risk areas, submit a nucleic acid test report, and report his morning and noon temperature readings every day for two weeks.

Yes, they wear masks at school.

Even though Yulin has seen NO COVID cases.

Chenxi COVID questionairre.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Being a landlord (been there, done that) in retirement would be my worst nightmare. Our family used to own a rental house from which we had to evict non-paying tenant's, who caused $10k of damage on their way out. What we would've done for a few cigarette butts LOL.

8 hours ago, Barfus said:

Being a landlord (been there, done that) in retirement would be my worst nightmare. Our family used to own a rental house from which we had to evict non-paying tenant's, who caused $10k of damage on their way out. What we would've done for a few cigarette butts LOL.

Jiaying has only complained about 1 room that needed extra attention after move-out. I expect whoever left the stairway debris will mend his ways.

It doesn't take up much of her time. Her son lives in one of the apartments and is on hand for most of the little stuff. She'll spend a few hours there once in a while when she hires someone to clean the outside areas.

But, yes, I AM glad we sold our house in Houston.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a repairman out there! He's working on our air source heat pump A/C compressor for the hot water heater. He's on a ledge about 2 feet wide, just like the ones you see in the second picture on our neighbor's wall.
The compressor gave a "F6 - Outdoor Refrigerant overcharged" error.

Warranty work.

The rope is tied to our window frame. If he falls, the window frame goes with him.

DSC04095a.jpg

DSC04098a.jpg

See?
DSC04099a.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[Guangxi Early Warning Center] From tonight to tomorrow, there will be heavy rain to heavy rain in most parts of Guangxi, and some heavy rain to heavy rain accompanied by thunderstorms and strong winds. The risk of mountain torrents and geological disasters is high, please take precautions.  (Guangxi Flood Control Office, Emergency Department)

My old computer was just eating up its C:\ drive - I had offloaded everything I could to other drives, but it still fills in what it can on the 120GB SSD.

I bought an Intel I7-11700F with a Gigabyte Z590 motherboard with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics and Samsung 27" curved monitor. 32 GB memory and 2 4TB disks. The C:\ drive is a 500GB SSD.

Took the monitor back - 1080p at 27" the pixels were just WAY too big. I got a 28" 4K flat screen (the smallest 4k curved screen was 32" - I like SMALL pixels). At 4K, you can easily fit FOUR screens worth of data. VERY nice, and it should be very good for Photoshop as well.

I can process videos now in 10 minutes that used to take 6 to 8 hours.

20220506_144138.jpg

20220506_150148.jpg

20220506_151356.jpg

20220510_120807.jpg

• Like 1

I figured out what was eating up my C:\ drive on the old computer - I deleted Microsoft Office after I installed it on the new computer - and all of a sudden had 48GB of free space. I have no idea why it took so much space, unless Outlook had been collecting my emails without me knowing it for 8 years.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, Randy W said:

First COVID testing here at Aolihua Yuan in Yulin - someone had been in Beihai, which was recently locked down. This will be my first COVID test ever.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if this is required testing - Jiaying says someone in the office told her there was a notice posted outside. They had closed up shop by the time we had gotten there, and they may or may not be back tomorrow.

Sounds like voluntary testing, which I won't be interested in.