Randy W

Check Yulin North Railway Station under construction in S China's Guangxi.
Covering an area of 49,975 square meters, it is one of the seven stations along the Nanning-Yulin high-speed railway with a designed speed of 350 kilometers per hour

from Xinhua/FlyOverChina on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=426862606145970&set=a.339636774868554

Yulin train station.jpg

This ia apparently a new rail line - we already have high speed service to both Nanning and Guilin. The original rail station near us was moved about 100 yards to the west when the high speed line was first brought in.

This is from Guangxi, China "Goverment"

Progress made in construction of Nanning-Yulin rail

1656481984208087488.jpg

The 4,100-metric-ton Nakuan super major bridge of the Nanning-Yulin High-speed Railway was rotated to its target position on June 28 in Liujing town of Hengzhou, South China's Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region.

The Nanning-Yulin High-speed Railway is the first high-speed train with a designated speed of 350 kilometers per hour which is independently invested and built by Guangxi.

It starts from Nanning East Station in the west and stretches 193.31 km to Yulin North Station, connecting Nanning, Guigang and Yulin. Six stations are set up along the railway, which is set to be an important part of Guangxi's railway network and connect city clusters in Beibu Gulf and areas in southeast Guangxi.

The railway will cut the travel time between Nanning and Yulin to 33 minutes from the previous 125 minutes, and is the first high-speed rail in Yulin. It is also expected to accelerate Guangxi's integration into the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.

Hey Randy @Randy W- just curious how things are going for you and the Mrs. in Yulin? Have you been affected by the lockdowns whatsoever? Still have plenty of beer in the stash to keep you "busy"  😉 ?  We're going on almost 3 years without being able to visit which sucks. Well, maybe we could visit since supposedly Q visas are now being issued, but it's a hassle and flights are ridiculously limited, expensive, and highly unreliable. Not to mention the random lockdowns that are being reported.

Edited by Barfus (see edit history)

Yes, our life is pretty much "normal", except for the fact that I'm still mostly stuck at home.

We had neighbors who had visited Beihai sometime close to the lockdown there, so a COVID testing station was set up here in our complex. By the time we got there, the test facility and the notice had disappeared and neither were back after that. If we had gotten in line, and someone had tested positive, we likely would have been quarantined as well, so I'm just glad that we were able to avoid it. That line would have been the closest I've come to possible COVID exposure.

Yes, plenty of beer and shipments from Beijing and Shanghai

7 hours ago, Randy W said:

Yes, our life is pretty much "normal", except for the fact that I'm still mostly stuck at home.

We had neighbors who had visited Beihai sometime close to the lockdown there, so a COVID testing station was set up here in our complex. By the time we got there, the test facility and the notice had disappeared and neither were back after that. If we had gotten in line, and someone had tested positive, we likely would have been quarantined as well, so I'm just glad that we were able to avoid it. That line would have been the closest I've come to possible COVID exposure.

Yes, plenty of beer and shipments from Beijing and Shanghai

Sorry to hear you're still confined to the house Randy. Hopefully things continue to improve for you. I recall reading this thread some time ago and you guys were hoping around all over the place some years ago.

Glad you've managed to avoid COVID. After 2.5 years into the pandemic, we had our first COVID outbreak at home. First with me (post business trip), and after a futile quarantine in our guest room for a few days, everyone else ended up catching it anyways. Not a particularly pleasant experience.

8 hours ago, Barfus said:

Sorry to hear you're still confined to the house Randy. Hopefully things continue to improve for you. I recall reading this thread some time ago and you guys were hoping around all over the place some years ago.

Glad you've managed to avoid COVID. After 2.5 years into the pandemic, we had our first COVID outbreak at home. First with me (post business trip), and after a futile quarantine in our guest room for a few days, everyone else ended up catching it anyways. Not a particularly pleasant experience.

I'm still getting around, and using the wheelchair more as a walker and a portable chair. But my feet are still half-asleep, which makes me more inclined to continue recuperating than to risk injury by over-exercising - recuperating from 20 years of circulatory issues caused by my beta blocker blood pressure medicine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Randy W said:

Guess what the wife brought home for lunch - for whatever today is.

No more margaritas, though - they said we weren't buying enough (and no one else was) for them to keep it in stock.

20221007_145330[1].jpg

Aw come on, you've gotta show us what's inside! 😄 (durian? seafood supreme?)

I hate to say this but Pizza Hut is probably, by far, my least favorite of all the western chains in China ... 

1 hour ago, Barfus said:

Aw come on, you've gotta show us what's inside! 😄 (durian? seafood supreme?)

I hate to say this but Pizza Hut is probably, by far, my least favorite of all the western chains in China ... 

It was one of their pizza creations - it's hard to find a plain old, American style marinara sauce with mozzarella and toppings. I did find one, but it had the Asian style fake meat on it. The sauce they use varies by pizza, and I tend to dislike it after a time or two.

The crust is pretty much the same as American pizza, so that's my favorite part here.

I think Jiaying bought it with Chenxi at the Wanda Plaza - it was pretty well chewed over and only 4 slices left.

The Pizza Hut here in Yulin is small and has an atmosphere more like their American stores, but here is . . . 

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

指挥部讨论最后决定

1. 南江街道对阳性患者居住地采取端锅行动,不再封控社会 面,对原封控区域的居民进行核酸三天三检。

2. 妇幼保健院,三天三检三消杀。

3. 解放路1号至82号静默三天,核酸三天三检一消杀。 4. 和平路1号至 42 号,静默三天,核酸三天三检一消杀。 5. 玉州区路 67-131(单)号静默三天,核酸三天三检一消

6. 解放路86-152(双),静默三天,核酸三天三检一消杀。 7. 内环南路 116-220(双),静默三天,核酸三天三检一消杀。 8. 内环南路 220至306号,静默三天,核酸三天三检一消杀。 9. 玉州路 64 号至140号,静默三天,核酸三天三检一消杀。 10. 忠功里 1-89 号,静默三天,核酸三天三检一消杀。 11. B 区陈某所在楼栋端锅,其他楼栋静默三天,

核酸三天三检。

12. 次密接开展5次核酸,分别于 1. 2. 3. 4. 7 天开展。 13. 陈某次密接集中隔离。

14. 排出的风险点。

Looks like Mr. Chen was the man here. The red arrow points to where he lives from where we are.

Headquarters discuss final decision
1. Nanjiang Sub-district will take the action of dumping the pot on the place where the positive patient lives, and will no longer seal the social area, and conduct nucleic acid three-day three-day inspections on the residents of the original sealed-off area.
2. Maternal and Child Health Hospital, three inspections and three eliminations in three days.
3. No. 1 to No. 82 of Jiefang Road will be silent for three days, and nucleic acid will be checked three times and disinfected for three days. 4. No. 1 to No. 42 Heping Road, three days of silence, three days of nucleic acid inspections and one disinfect. 5. No. 67-131 (Single), Yuzhou District Road, silent for three days, three nucleic acid tests for three days and one elimination
6. 86-152 Jiefang Road (double), three days of silence, three days of nucleic acid inspections and one disinfect. 7. 116-220 South Inner Ring Road (double), three days of silence, three days of nucleic acid inspections and one disinfect. 8. No. 220 to 306, Neihuan South Road, three days of silence, three days of nucleic acid inspections and one disinfect. 9. No. 64-140 Yuzhou Road, three days of silence, three days of nucleic acid inspections and one disinfect. 10. No. 1-89, Zhonggongli, three days of silence, three days of nucleic acid inspections and one disinfect. 11. The building where Mr. Chen lives in Dexing Garden B district held the pot, and the other buildings were silent for three days.
Three nucleic acid tests in three days.

12. Nucleic acid was carried out 5 times in sub-close ligation, respectively carried out on 1.2.3.4.7 days. 13. Chen was in close contact and concentrated isolation.
14. Risk points for dischargDexing Garden Mr.jpge.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)