Randy W

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's a hobbyist! Because I don't think you can compete with the price of some of the cheaper stuff from the store.

Warn him that he he should toss the first fractions of distillation because they will have more methanol and some other stuff in them. (Boiling point of methanol: 65 degrees, boiling point of ethanol: 78 degrees)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a steak run to Nanning today. We now have a freezer full of steak (USDA Choice), bacon, butter, and cheese. Jiaying fried herself up TEN slices of bacon, and I had half of one of these steaks to celebrate. She sometimes eats TEN pieces of bacon for dinner with lettuce - now you know why we have to stock up with 10 kg. I usually sick with 2 or 3 pieces with breakfast or a BLT.

gallery_1846_635_523978.jpg

That's great Randy but all that cholesterol from all that good ole bacon/butter :smartass: is gona say come on boys lets march right to this gals heart and kill her. I love it as much as anything in the world but after 4 cardiac stents I've cut down to maybe a 14oz pack a year. Red meat about 6 times a year. :( :(

That's great Randy but all that cholesterol from all that good ole bacon/butter :smartass: is gona say come on boys lets march right to this gals heart and kill her. I love it as much as anything in the world but after 4 cardiac stents I've cut down to maybe a 14oz pack a year. Red meat about 6 times a year. :( :(

Yes, that surprised me how much bacon she's eating. But she usually doesn't eat the steak.

I'm already on a beta blocker myself, plus a couple of medications that the doctor here in China added to my itinerary.

Her blood pressure is down around 110 over 70, while her pulse is up in the 80's - that's what she worries about when she talks about her "person" (her word for blood, which I guess came from "pressure").

• Like 1

Her blood pressure is down around 110 over 70, while her pulse is up in the 80's - that's what she worries about when she talks about her "person" (her word for blood, which I guess came from "pressure").

Randy that is about what my blood pressure was just before I had the 4 stints put in. 124/70 at 56 years old. Blood pressure is no indicator of the amount of cholesterol in the arteries. The main reason for watching high blood pressure is for strokes and kidney disease and of course it puts a strain on the heart mussel too.

I was a paramedic for 22 years while I was on the fire department. I was one of 9 very first paramedics in the federal firefighting program which now is mandatory to become a federal firefighter. I actually did it to protect my fellow firefighters because it took the Navy ambulances so long to get to a sick or injured person. We could see them riding around with their red light on look for the correct location having no idea what so ever where the correct building was. They usually looked for the red light on our fire trucks to find the correct building. The fifth naval fire district fire marshals thought that it was wonderful and started making it mandatory for all federal fire fighters in the Marine Corps and it caught fire, no pun intended, and now all federal fire stations have an ambulance in every fire station as part of their engine company.

• Like 1

Here is a more informative take on high blood pressure in concert with cholesterol vs high blood pressure. You can have very little cholesterol and still have high blood pressure that can threaten your health.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/in-depth/high-blood-pressure/art-20045868

I think that the primary problem with that delicious beacon is cholesterol but if it is cured with salt then there is the double whammy of high blood pressure too.

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)