Randy W

Cholecystitis

Cholecystitis is inflammation of the gallbladder that occurs most commonly because of an obstruction of the cystic duct by gallstones arising from the gallbladder (cholelithiasis). Uncomplicated cholecystitis has an excellent prognosis; the development of complications such as perforation or gangrene renders the prognosis less favorable.

Signs and symptoms

The most common presenting symptom of acute cholecystitis is upper abdominal pain. The following characteristics may be reported:

• Signs of peritoneal irritation may be present, and the pain may radiate to the right shoulder or scapula
  • Pain frequently begins in the epigastric region and then localizes to the right upper quadrant (RUQ)
  • Pain may initially be colicky but almost always becomes constant
  • Nausea and vomiting are generally present, and fever may be noted

I am flat-on-my-back sick for a few days from excessive bile production - looks like it will continue for a few more. They are treating it with IV's at the TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) hospital - as an outpatient - here in Yulin. Looks, from the CT scan, like the obstruction has passed and it'll be just a few days for my blood levels to get back to normal.
In the meantime, it's get up, take a pee, look for food or drink, lie back down and take a nap - repeat every two hours.

Yes, do recover quickly. And, while you have the TCM's attention, ask them about the gallbladder meridian as well as which foods to avoid ( deep fried, spicy, "hot," alcohol, beef, lamb and curry- so say some websites) and which foods to have more of.

How the AC works at the hospital - when we get there in the morning, we close the windows and ask for the remote control, which is then charged to MY account (for the 3 or 4 men sharing the room)

Believe me, it would remain OFF if I didn't ask for it

Get better. And keep the gall bladder if you can. You are probably burping (and other gas related things) a lot. Sometimes that is more irritating than the pain.

I am interested in what a TCM hospital treats the condition. I hope it's not deer antler or ground rhino horn. :D

Get better. And keep the gall bladder if you can. You are probably burping (and other gas related things) a lot. Sometimes that is more irritating than the pain.

I am interested in what a TCM hospital treats the condition. I hope it's not deer antler or ground rhino horn. :D

No, they use real medicine for the most part, including isolation of active ingredients and clinical trials, just like ours. I'm certain there are several finds in there for a Western pharmaceuticalcompany looking for new drugs. My eye drops, for example, were purely Chinese (and VERY effective) - until I noticed a Bausch&Lomb logo in there. They are now widely available, but prescription only, in the West.

I felt like we went to the right place - the TCM Hospital never suggested removal as a possibility. When Jiaying had her cyst-like abdominal lesions treated, she specifically wanted to go back to China so she could be treated at this hospital.

I got this message from a good friend on Facebook -

Chinese traditional medicine cured my father-in-law of a terrible, life threatening, intestinal problem about five years ago. This after western medicine treatment at the Chongqing Army Hospital (and you know the Army hospitals are the best) failed. Swift recovery, my friend.

The TCM hospital here in Yulin is EASILY the most modern, up-to-date facility I've been to ANYWHERE - the equipment includes the CT scanner that was used to verify that my "stones" had gone away, and record-keeping is completely computerized.

Jiaying insisted that I drive today - I didn't find out why until the end of the day. She wanted to check out the new vertical mechanized parking garage at the hospital, but didn't want to drive into it herself. Pics to follow shortly

This is a jazzy Ray-o-Vac Super Cell Batmobile mini-car someone had at the hospital (okay I made the name of the car up myself). That's the parking garage off to the left in the blue and white building.

gallery_1846_744_797479.jpg

How the AC works at the hospital - when we get there in the morning, we close the windows and ask for the remote control, which is then charged to MY account (for the 3 or 4 men sharing the room)

Believe me, it would remain OFF if I didn't ask for it

Interesting - Apparently, we're not charged for A/C use. But my wife tells me that the guy in the bed next to me was denied access to it, even for his 24 hr. stays, when I wasn't around - BECAUSE he's Chinese.