Randy W

LOL...Randy, Jiaying shows the same definitive sense of purpose that my Yifang does. Once she's done with something, she's done!

Sorry that you won't be seeing the grandson for awhile, but I'm glad that Jiaying is doing better, and that the Jiaying tower is progressing!

And Christmas steak....sounds like a really good tradition! :licklips:

I just hope the mother doesn't screw around with her son - he's a well-adjusted, well liked kid. He starts first grade in the fall. Hopefully, he's got enough on the ball to see through the BS.

• 2 weeks later...

He's a little bit of a moocher himself, but just a bite at a time - lol.

This time, I had to skip my steak entirely, so we could take him to Taekwondo. I had a bowl of Guilin noodles, instead. Oh well. there's always tomorrow.

One thing about raising kids in China is that you're outnumbered by mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc., and they all speak in CHINESE. I think I'd prefer the U.S. for that purpose.

In this case, of course, it's mitigated by the fact that it's SOMEONE ELSE's kid!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Down in the 30's here. When you go out to eat, and the restaurant doesn't have any heat, except in the kitchen - well maybe, we should have stayed in our own, nice, warm kitchen. The beer may have been cold, but it seemed warm by comparison. Good food, but we kept our jackets zipped up.

• 2 weeks later...

A new restaurant in town - good (VERY tender and almost real) steaks and pizza, although it tasted like spaghetti sauce.

The menu and ordering system is on WeChat - you read the QR code at your place setting. The menu pops up, and you place your order through the cell phone. I've since activated WeChat on my phone - I'll have to see what's on the drink menu the next time I go.

gallery_1846_744_483581.jpg

gallery_1846_744_657946.jpg