Randy W

Rumors are spreading of a human-laid Hershey bar found floating in the pool - it seems some of the residents aren't real happy about all the outsiders being allowed in.

There is also a movement afoot (at least among the residents of our own building) to have the management company replaced.

Once, when I was in high school, I confess I pulled a caper involving a swimming pool. As some of you may recall, my family moved down to Venice, Florida when I was ten years old. That is where I grew up, went through adolescence, etc. In tenth grade I became smitten with a local beauty whose father owned a motel on the avenue leading down to the beach. He forbade her to date me because I had long hair, played in a band, and rode a motorcycle (a Honda 305 Superhawk). He never gave me a chance to go out with her, and he even wouldn't let me come by and talk to her. That pissed me off and it was a mistake on his part because I was a devious little punk and felt this attitude on his part was an affront to my sterling character. I had a good buddy who worked at the local Winn-Dixie, who smuggled me a 50 pound bag of Gravy Train dog food out the back door. Under the cover of darkness, about one o'clock in the morning, I dumped that Gravy Train into the motel swimming pool. It made the front page of the Venice Gondolier, the local newspaper. They could not figure out what the "mystery substance" was, saying that it felt like some sort of insulation. It took them weeks to get that pool cleaned up. For years, I laughed every time I drove by there.

• Like 2

Sad commentary that they could not identify dog food as dog food!

Of course, today, you would be identified from any number of security cameras.

Which might not matter because you might do like a lot of guys and put pics of you wrecking the pool on your FB page!

(I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say no, you wouldn't be that guy)

Oil in the pool: that is a pretty wicked prank. Not being a teenager anymore, it pains me to think about it.

Some of the outdoor vendors are using nice, bright LED lighting - MUCH better than the typical dingy fluorescent lighting you see everywhere. They also make excellent flashlights, and are widely used in cars, including for headlights - seems like they could do a better job adapting it for home use

gallery_1846_744_560898.jpg

These little batteries provide all the power they need

gallery_1846_744_642274.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little bit Smarter car . . .

gallery_1846_744_189057.jpg

Randy, I wonder how well one of these things corner. Have you ridden in one?

Mick, they probably corner a bit like these cars. I present to awl yawl....The Robin Reliant......A very serious look at a wonderful car.

A little bit Smarter car . . .

gallery_1846_744_189057.jpg

Randy, I wonder how well one of these things corner. Have you ridden in one?

Mick, they probably corner a bit like these cars. I present to awl yawl....The Robin Reliant......A very serious look at a wonderful car.

With the drivers butt and the motor squarely between the two rear wheels (I'm guessing that that silver banded thing on the rear axle is a direct-drive electric motor) and all of maybe, what? 10hp or so), they may not need to worry too much about tipping, but you never know.