Randy W

The doctors are returning from their New Years holiday today, here in Yulin (only 3 days off for them) , so I should know more about my own situation shortly.

I have another MRI scheduled because of the lower back pains I've been experiencing since they've been out. This morning.

Well, I'm getting a pain IV instead. More later

We are now hearing that there is a case of the Wuhan virus in our complex. I figure that must have escaped Wuhan only together stuck back here.

Also, I didn't understand about bed sores - that they arise simply from the pressure on the same places. All they give you for it is a wedge shaped styrofoam pillow to help you alternate sides. I had thought it was blisters or a rash.

Sigh

And Jiaying's got a bit of a Nurse Ratched side in her, but I don't want to seem whiney.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

It seems the people are from Fumian, but own an apt at Aoli Hiayan. They took an extended trip including Wuhan and are just now returning - to find themselves slapped w/the 2 week quarantine in bldg 4 of our complex.

Jiaying is afraid she might get caught up in that if she returns, especially once it reaches 2 weeks

Sorry to hear about your continued stay. Would be curious why you got 4 Likes and 35 Dislikes on your Facebook post above. :)

I have lower back pain ... but it comes and goes. Months between episodes. I figure it is a bulging disc. Re: your comment about bed sores - it got me thinking about what kind of mattress you have there. Is it Chinese firm like a bag of Quikrete? I would have bed sores in 5 minutes in that case.

There's no place like home and I hope you will be there soon enough. And put on your mask!

Sorry to hear about your continued stay. Would be curious why you got 4 Likes and 35 Dislikes on your Facebook post above. :)

I have lower back pain ... but it comes and goes. Months between episodes. I figure it is a bulging disc. Re: your comment about bed sores - it got me thinking about what kind of mattress you have there. Is it Chinese firm like a bag of Quikrete? I would have bed sores in 5 minutes in that case.

There's no place like home and I hope you will be there soon enough. And put on your mask!

That's actually 4 likes not including hearts or other categories and 35 comments ss of when it's displayed

To compare with the Sealy posturpedic 'extra firm' mattress I used to buy in the states, these are 'extra extra firm' - just one step up

Thanks

Nurse Ratched is alive and well in this house too. But I can say all nurses get really directive when they see bed sores, the enemy of every hospital. Just got to follow orders and be nice until they fix the problem.

Not easy. I have had stenosis from injuries and so far not a big issue requiring surgery but I imagine it will be some day. Already causing some stiff walking. I have lost an inch of height.

Hang in there, Randy. Try and relax but keep your mind active. You are not the patient to them. Your body is and it does not belong to you. Now, anyway. The more you fight'em, the more the pain.

I'll bring my chess board..... if I can get by the airport. :D

• Like 3

They check everyone for bed sores around once a day - yes, a daily butt inspection. So far, I've passed every one, albeit with threats from the wife about what they would do to me if I didn't learn to sleep on one side or the other once in a while.

• Like 1