Leaving for China soon!!!

have fun... but the condoms, however fun it is to post about, seems a gossipy presumption of kiss and tell before you have meet.... although your going to meet her parents so they expect you will marry... although consider that your not mentioning any presents to parents or bringing the most important item... tissue paper.

I just read you past posts and you seem to be rush headlong into this with 3-4 hours of conversation a day... Maybe slow and and consider that you guys are young and a first trip and fast filing *may* not be viewed so favorably by the consulate.

Regardless, have a good time and hope you both find this is what you want.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the entertaining replies.

But thats right I am young, I am 22 years old, ill be 23 in June. She just turned 21.

I am flying into nanchang, shes going to meet me there and we are going take a train to Wuyishan where she is going to school at. The second weekend we are going to Xiamen to meet her parents and the 3rd weekend we are going to shanghai.

But if people havent read my previous post, this would be my 5th country in asia that I get to check the box.

Ah and yes I am not going to have sex for "fun" but I actually do want it to mean something for the both of us. Shes a virgin and shes never kissed a guy before. But we had small talks about this. She told me everything is fine as long as she knows she going to marry me, which thats how I feel right now. But the condoms deal was just a joke, applaud to the people with comical replies.

I asked her about presents for the family and she said dont give money, she said its weird. She said something else is fine.

Also, just to add, it humors me when people tell me im too young to get into something like this and take things slow. Im not saying im some perfect human being or anything, but theres something I have done that most people havent by the time they are 22 years old. Im about to complete 5 years of the military and ive spent 3 years of it overseas. I think all my military folks on here could vouch for me that we are given a lot of responsibility at a younger age(getting out as a E-5). Ive seen some things you never thought exsisted. Anyways, Im not trying to ride my high horse or offend anyone. I just think military experience really matures a person ahead atleast 3-4 years of their current age. Anyways, this topic is not about that, I just wanted to touch on it a little bit because of some of the replies.

So back to the fun :huh:

But thats right I am young, I am 22 years old, ill be 23 in June. She just turned 21.

I am flying into nanchang, shes going to meet me there and we are going take a train to Wuyishan where she is going to school at. The second weekend we are going to Xiamen to meet her parents and the 3rd weekend we are going to shanghai.

But if people havent read my previous post, this would be my 5th country in asia that I get to check the box.

Ah and yes I am not going to have sex for "fun" but I actually do want it to mean something for the both of us. Shes a virgin and shes never kissed a guy before. But we had small talks about this. She told me everything is fine as long as she knows she going to marry me, which thats how I feel right now. But the condoms deal was just a joke, applaud to the people with comical replies.

I asked her about presents for the family and she said dont give money, she said its weird. She said something else is fine.

Also, just to add, it humors me when people tell me im too young to get into something like this and take things slow. Im not saying im some perfect human being or anything, but theres something I have done that most people havent by the time they are 22 years old. Im about to complete 5 years of the military and ive spent 3 years of it overseas. I think all my military folks on here could vouch for me that we are given a lot of responsibility at a younger age(getting out as a E-5). Ive seen some things you never thought exsisted. Anyways, Im not trying to ride my high horse or offend anyone. I just think military experience really matures a person ahead atleast 3-4 years of their current age. Anyways, this topic is not about that, I just wanted to touch on it a little bit because of some of the replies.

So back to the fun :o

Ooops I misunderstood when you said "its your first time". :huh:

I hear ya, Amaro. When I was your age I had finished up 6 years in "The Corps" with many experience, both negative and positive. I agree that the service matures a guy.

My wife and I went to WuYiShan a couple years ago. It is beautiful in the National Park and Da Hong Pao (tea farms) and floating down the river...we had some good hikes. I think April is tea picking time and you can get great pictures.

The food was not so good until we found a street off the main drag where prepared food is sold to locals. We bought really good foods at local prices.

My wife was living in Xiamen where I met her. It's a nice clean, upscale island city with some nice sites to see. BTW there's another member of CFL who's wife is from Xiamen; Hawaii Mike.

It sounds like you have a good approach to your meeting...take it slow...make a friend and later a lover...there's no rush. If it's right you'll know it.

Amaro, I wish I would have met my beautiful Chinese wife when I was 23 yoa... it would have been a much happier life for us both.

Welcome Home and Good Luck!

I hear ya, Amaro. When I was your age I had finished up 6 years in "The Corps" with many experience, both negative and positive. I agree that the service matures a guy.

My wife and I went to WuYiShan a couple years ago. It is beautiful in the National Park and Da Hong Pao (tea farms) and floating down the river...we had some good hikes. I think April is tea picking time and you can get great pictures.

The food was not so good until we found a street off the main drag where prepared food is sold to locals. We bought really good foods at local prices.

My wife was living in Xiamen where I met her. It's a nice clean, upscale island city with some nice sites to see. BTW there's another member of CFL who's wife is from Xiamen; Hawaii Mike.

It sounds like you have a good approach to your meeting...take it slow...make a friend and later a lover...there's no rush. If it's right you'll know it.

Amaro, I wish I would have met my beautiful Chinese wife when I was 23 yoa... it would have been a much happier life for us both.

Welcome Home and Good Luck!

Thanks for the motivational speech, I am also going to be getting out from "the corps".

I plan to just kick back and enjoy the scenery and forget about everything westernized. I did want to go on some hikes with her, that would probably be some good quality bonding. I want to be very active when I go there.

So back to the fun :blink:

No offense, and take it FWIW, I call BS on that. From what I have witnessed and experienced, there is not much of a gap between american and chinese girls in this area these days. I just dont buy that a 21 yo has never kissed a guy. But even if I am correct, it still may not mean much.

Haha, Yeah I couldnt believe it either. She told me she has never. She has had only 2 boyfriends and the most she has ever done with them is hold hands. I dont think its her, Its probably the guys were to scared to go in for the kill. But im with you on that one lol. :blink:

Edited by Amaro (see edit history)

There are some really beautiful hills to hike in Wu Yi Shan...many are terraced and planted with tea. They specialize in wood carving there. Beautiful carvings small to very huge ones. I liked a back scratcher carved like a nude. The shopkeeper told me 50¥ I told my g/f (wife now) that I wanted 5 of them to take home...the games began and when the smoke cleared she got 5 for 50¥. China, is very interesting because everywhere there are differences in foods and customs that are thousands of years old...I've been to many places in my ten trips there, but I still find surprises and interesting thing...it's an amazing country.

Xiamen, is fun and interesting too...we used to climb this steep hill to a temple that served delicious food. Good seafood there and fresh fruit and veggies. There are 2 special foods there...an oyster pie, oysters, egg, onion fried and served like a round pie....and there is a sweet peanut soup, made with milk, sugar and peanuts, I like them both. I'm a country boy and live where there are few people, so I have to keep an open mind and watch my temper in the crowded cities and with pushy people always in a hurry. It's a matter of me getting my head right, with the help of my Lao po. We've been jumping through the immigration hoops for 11 months now and are waiting for the big interview, soon we hope. You'll have a great time and have some cool experiences. Again, the best of luck to you both. ZZ

Amaro,, You dont have to be a certain age to meet a girl and fall in love, this is a life experience for you and many others that have traveled down this path. Just enjoy your trip and your time together. TK

Sounds like you have a good trip planned ahead of you.

Is she a student or did I miss that?

I hope you have a good trip and enjoy spending time together. Good luck.

She is a looker, don't rush on sex, but by all means, "kiss her Harvey" ... I know your name isn't Harvey, it is something I rememeber from the old Odd Couple show... a little before your time youngster, actually a lot.

Enjoy China and finally meeting your lady.