A Heartfelt posting for Skibum, Yirong and Family

Cerberus

Yirong, Ken and family,

Ella and I will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers, but we know Gerald is in a great place. Having been friends with "Ski" for the past 6 years, I feel I have lost a brother I never had. We helped comfort each other during the " Black Hole" days. He will be truly missed in my heart and here at CFL.

Tine & Ella

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let this thread go a few more days then move it to notable posts where it can be an inspiration for the kind of marriage a man can have with a Chinese woman. Yirong and Ken you have the condolences of everyone on this site. I hope you can keep us posted on how you are doing from time to time and don't be afraid to come here for a little support yourselves.

Carl

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I'll set this thread go a few more days then move it to notable posts where it can be an inspiration for the kind of marriage a man can have with a Chinese woman. Yirong and Ken you have the condolences of everyone on this site. I hope you can keep us posted on how you are doing from time to time and don't be afraid to come here for a little support yourselves.

Carl

Carl very nice thoughts and words on this post!!

Only knew him a little by words here, but a person known more by the friends he has, and by the out pouring here, he was very rich indeed!

Will say a prayer for his family and all who miss him.

Carl,

Thanks from Yin and myself. I told her of the end of the the story. Needless to say, it had the expected result; Small tears and depression throughout the day.

Carl, please retire this thread memorable thread/thread. New members will never look at it I'm afraid! Older members maybe will go back. Of this Im in doubt of also.

May I have a private E-mail address for the family? This is from the family or any CFL members. I don't have a short memory. I have never forgotten or left a man behind. I don't plan on staring a new habits.

Again Yirong, Jeff and family. My deepest and most sincerest condolences from one soldier to your family and from another soldier.

The links that I did are the very least I could have done more. Yin and I both feel that you did the best thing for him. That was to simply hug him and his eyes closed forever. I'm so happy that the end was peaceful.

Thank you for this memory. We will not forget.

Dave and Jiang Yin

Thanks all members of CFL. Gerald really enjoyed the time that he spent on the forum. The members of the forum gave him a lot of support. Thank you so much. When he was unable to pursue outdoor activities, he spent hour after hour in front on the computer. Even though he later became unable to reply to posts, he still read all of your posts. Those posts give him happiness and good memories. Hope everyone has as wonderful marriage as we had.

Gerald passed away last Friday. He gave me a big smile when I embraced him that night. He then closed his eyes for the final time. I am so lucky to married him, and to have enjoyed such great memories.

Thank you David making all links for us.

Yirong and family

Greetings,

I was unaware of this website until a few weeks ago. I had no idea that my Dad had so many people who he shared his thoughts and memories with. Thank all of you for being a part of my Dad’s life. I look forward to reading your supportive postings. Thank you again for being there throughout one of his happiest times, namely the last five years with Yirong. She definitely made his last years the happiest. Good luck to all of you,

Ken

Dear Yirong,

You and Gerald have written one of the greatest, touching love story. It made a tough, old lady to cry. Hope it will always bring you sweet memories and give you strength to move on.

Dear Ken,

Hope your dad not only gave you life but also give you the quality of living a happy life!

With my best wishes to both of you!

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)
Guest Tony n Terrific

Dear Yirong and family,

My SO and myself never really got to know Gerald. His writings of his posts where straight foward and honest. I know that you and your family will miss him very much.

A heart felt condolences to you and Ken.

God Bless you

I didn't know Gerald well, but I do remember exchanging some information with him a few years ago when my SO and I first began the K1 process, and remember him being a good guy.

Now that my SO has her 2 year green card and we've applied to remove conditions, I don't visit CFL as often as I used to, and just saw the sad news.

I just wanted to post my condolences to the family. You're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he's in a better place, and it looks like he was well looked after during his last days. God bless.

During the past few years I have found ski's stories inspirational. He has always displayed an attitude that went beyond the norm. He shows us how to live and even how to die.

He will be remembered and as Don expressed that is his immortality.

Nice crossing paths with you Ski.

Thanks all members of CFL. Gerald really enjoyed the time that he spent on the forum. The members of the forum gave him a lot of support. Thank you so much. When he was unable to pursue outdoor activities, he spent hour after hour in front on the computer. Even though he later became unable to reply to posts, he still read all of your posts. Those posts give him happiness and good memories. Hope everyone has as wonderful marriage as we had.

Gerald passed away last Friday. He gave me a big smile when I embraced him that night. He then closed his eyes for the final time. I am so lucky to married him, and to have enjoyed such great memories.

Thank you David making all links for us.

Yirong and family

Greetings,

I was unaware of this website until a few weeks ago. I had no idea that my Dad had so many people who he shared his thoughts and memories with. Thank all of you for being a part of my Dad¡¯s life. I look forward to reading your supportive postings. Thank you again for being there throughout one of his happiest times, namely the last five years with Yirong. She definitely made his last years the happiest. Good luck to all of you,

Ken

I posted this in the other forum, but it was suggested I move it to here.

Ski,

I admit when I fist saw the tagline I thought it was about another broken marriage, but instead it is testament to the strength and love many of us have found and continue to have from people from far away who have proven themselves to be out true soulmates. I wish you the best and my and Ying's prayers go with you.