A Heartfelt posting for Skibum, Yirong and Family

Cerberus

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I used to follow Geralds posts when I first was starting the visa process, and he answered a few questions that helped me tremendously.

Again, very sorry for the loss of a good man.

tsap sui

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yirong, Ken and family.

My most heartfelt condolences to you both of you and the rest of the family.

Marc

Thanks all members of CFL. Gerald really enjoyed the time that he spent on the forum. The members of the forum gave him a lot of support. Thank you so much. When he was unable to pursue outdoor activities, he spent hour after hour in front on the computer. Even though he later became unable to reply to posts, he still read all of your posts. Those posts give him happiness and good memories. Hope everyone has as wonderful marriage as we had.

Gerald passed away last Friday. He gave me a big smile when I embraced him that night. He then closed his eyes for the final time. I am so lucky to married him, and to have enjoyed such great memories.

Thank you David making all links for us.

Yirong and family

Greetings,

I was unaware of this website until a few weeks ago. I had no idea that my Dad had so many people who he shared his thoughts and memories with. Thank all of you for being a part of my Dad¡¯s life. I look forward to reading your supportive postings. Thank you again for being there throughout one of his happiest times, namely the last five years with Yirong. She definitely made his last years the happiest. Good luck to all of you,

Ken

I've been out of touch for a while. Took me a while to get my thoughts together to post here. This site has and always will be like family to me. Never enough time to thank people, they will always be around, I'll get to it later blah,blah. Ski helped me out more than once and I will always be grateful for the time and advice he gave to this newbie. Gone but never forgotten. Deep powder, Ski.

Dear Yirong, Ken and all of Gerald's family;

I was saddened to read your posting of Ski's passing. Please accept my wife's and my deepest condolences and heartfelt wishes to all of the family and Ski's extended family everywhere (including his CFL family here, who I know are feeling the loss).

I am happy that his last moments were spent gazing lovingly into your eyes, Yirong. I do remember Ski and his postings from the first day I logged onto CFL. I'll always have the deepest respect for the man he was and the advice and antidotes he shared here on CFL.

May you and your family be comforted now with peace in your heart that he is no longer suffering and his spirit is free in the life yet to come. I am sure he will watch over and guard you all from his home beyond. Peace and comfort and the joy of rememberence!!! He lives in your hearts!!!

Sincerely,

Michael and Peipei

Yirong and Ken, when Jie came home from work last night I gave her the news and she was also very deeply touched and saddened. She very well remembers Gerald and his help and support he gave to us and many others while she waited for her visa in 2005 and early 2006.

Needless to say, last night we both had tears for Gerald as well as for you. We know he is with God and we both pray for God's support and blessings on you.

He will not be forgotten!

Yirong, Ken and family,

I cannot tell you how impacted and reflective I was, when I heard of Gerald¡¯s illness late last year.

I want you to know, he was in my thoughts very often over the past months.

It is comforting to know, that his last thought and feeling, was that of the warm and loving embrace of his Lao Po.

Peace be with each of you, at this time of your great loss.

God bless you all.

Roger and Hongxia