Letter writing campaign

I got an identical reply 6 months ago. :D

Awwwww... Just when they made me feel special! :D

Here is my reply to their message:

Dear D. Barber,

Your reply to my email was not exactly what I expected.

I assume it was a generic, cut and paste reply, because it in no way addressed the injustice that I and so many others are facing.

Am I correct in assuming that the ACLU shares our current administration's views on immigration, and their disinterest in helping us?

Respectfully,

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

It's been two weeks since I faxed our group letter to Assistant Secretary Maura Harty. I have not received a reply.

I have not been idle these past two weeks though. Every day, I send emails and letters to editors, newscasters, and public officials.

I have mailed the Department of Justice inspector general

Glenn A. Fine

U. S. Department of Justice

Office of the Inspector General

950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 4322

Washington, DC 20530-0001

But since that mailing, I found the following on the DOJ IG website:

Effective immediately, all complaints alleging misconduct on employees or contractors of the former Immigration and Naturalization Service are no longer within the investigative jurisdiction of the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General. Jurisdiction for these matters has been transferred to the Department of Homeland Security Office of the Inspector General.

To report a complaint on Immigration issues, you may call the Department of Homeland Security Office of the Inspector General hotline number which is 1-800-323-8603. You may also file a written complaint by writing to the following address:

Department of Homeland Security

Office of the Inspector General

P. O. Box 16666

Washington, D. C. 20041-6666

I plan to call that telephone number, and to write also.

I have also emailed the State Department inspector general

oighotline@state.gov

Anne M. Sigmund, Acting Inspector General

U.S. Department of State

Office of Inspector General

I would recommend that each of us send a quick email or actually snail mail them, and call that 800 number!

I haven't had a reply from either Ms. Sigmund or Mr. Fine. But I believe that it's important for us to keep writing them. They know that there's a problem, but it seems that they just ignore it unless we keep reminding them of it.

Best Wishes.

Write everyone, newspapers, TV, radio, politicians. etc... Our combined effort is working for everyone. The visa pipeline is flowing and I even got a different response from NVC today. Seems that someone high up on the food chain is on my case. I did not get the, "Due to 9/11......", canned response today like I did 2 days ago. Our efforts are working for all and I thank God, and all of us that have come to our senses and have put pressure on the powers to be. Keep the letters, e-mails, and phone calls flowing!!!!

Hi All,

There is still no reply from Assistant Secretary Harty to our group letter. I'll post her reply as soon as I get it.

However, during my weekly call to DOS, I found out that my fiancee's name check was finally cleared on July 8, and her interview will be on August 5.

It's been a very long and frustrating wait, and I firmly believe that our name check would still be sitting on someone's desk if it weren't for our letter writing efforts.

This whole process has been a compound comedy of errors. First, they sent the wrong name to the FBI for the name check. Even after getting the name right, they still managed to drag this thing out a couple of more months.

Write. Write to everyone who will read your letters and emails. Write to the FBI, DOS, and BCIS Inspectors Generals. If they get enough complaints, they WILL act.

I intend to stay active in this campaign until everyone who has fallen in the cracks between the old and new systems are reunited with their loved ones!

Best Wishes to All.

Hi Juz,

No, we were never on hold. Our first name check was sent on September 17, 2002. They sent the wrong name. It was resubmitted in December, and again in April. Our name check was cleared in a couple of months after we got the correct name submitted.

It is my goal to see that this system works the way it's supposed to for everyone. Don't give up, and keep the pressure on. Right now, it seems that the only way to get clear of this mess is to start writing to everyone in a position to help us.

Best Wishes

Right you are Clay! This is what I have been saying for months. It nudged my case along also. Write, phone, e-mail everyone you can think of. Keep the pressure on. It has opened the doors for many - even those that won't acknowledge that it has. :lol: B)

Nice going Jason,

About the letter writting, if anyone is from N.C. there was an article in this Siundays paper. I am waiting for my sister to send it to me, but it seems that there has been lots of complaint about how the DOS and government are handling K petitions. I will need to wait till I read it, than I can tell me, but if any of you are from there, maybe you give look through the Sunday paper again.

Thank you so much Daniel,

I feel that it was our combined effort that got so many of us through this mess in the past few weeks. We don't need to let our guard up yet though. There are still plenty of us who are on hold and pending. Let's keep this thing going, and help each other along until this system works the way it's supposed to.

Best Wishes

Hi All,

This afternoon I received a reply from Maura Harty's office to an email I wrote asking about our group letter. She didn't address the group issue, but I am convinced that she read the letter. Things are moving for several of us who signed that letter. I hope that all of us are cleared soon!

Basically, they acknowledged that I'd sent them an email, and then wrote the following in reference to my petition:

We are happy to inform you that the required security-related vetting has been completed and that the Consulate has received permission to continue processing this case. An appointment has been scheduled for Ms. xxx on August 5.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Cabral

Chief

Public Inquiries Division

Visa Services

Write those letters folks, it works!

Best Wishes