Letter writing campaign

I like R2s suggestion, but instead of making the comment specific to the Chinese... use... non-caucasion

(this) 0„2raises the issue of rascism, something the current administration has issues with.

Hi TimD,

That's an excellent point, but we musn't forget that some petitioners of Russian beneficiaries are facing pretty lengthy delays also. They are certainly white...

So, the current administration is discriminating against whites also... That's just one of the reasons I want to limit my focus to Chinese. But the main reason is that I don't want to try to do too much.

I want to make one or two points, and really hammer those. Remember that people have pretty limited attention spans, and I don't want to try to put too much in front of them

I know what you're saying is absolutely true, and I think it would be a great idea if you or someone else wanted to write a quick note to the presidential contenders making that point.

Best Wishes

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest R2D2

Keep the pressure on people. Keep writing those letters or E-mails to the news media, etc.... It is working!!!!!! As the news media is making inquiries, I see movement on the board. The movement is not occurring out of the goodness of DOS or BCIS. It is occurring because the news media is asking questions. I have seen this before. Keep writing!!!!!!! Keep them moving!!!! After the Trent Lott scandal and the Thurman uncovering, this administration wants minority votes. <_<

Guest Charmhuang

Hi Argyle,

How are you?

"So, the current administration is discriminating against whites also... That's just one of the reasons I want to limit my focus to Chinese. But the main reason is that I don't want to try to do too much. "

Yes, you are right, the current administration is against its citizens to marry anyone outside America and tries to lay whatever obstacles to delay our visa. yeah, do not try to do too much, you just ask for your legel right as a American citizen that you are fighting for with other petitioners here.

Let's work hard toward it and we will see light in front of our dark tunnel.

Best wishes

Xiyu , wife of rocksplit

:( <_< <_< :blink:

I am trying to follow the logic from the comment that …”So, the current administration is discriminating against whites also...

and……..

the current administration is against its citizens to marry anyone outside America and tries to lay whatever obstacles to delay our visa.

If that is the case how come some petitioners seem to get their visa without any snags…

I tend to believe it is the bureaucracy and it is the bureaucracy we have to remind of our rights.

Luke

Guest R2D2
I am trying to follow the logic from the comment that …”So, the current administration is discriminating against whites also...

and……..

the current administration is against its citizens to marry anyone outside America and tries to lay whatever obstacles to delay our visa.

If that is the case how come some petitioners seem to get their visa without any snags?

I tend to believe it is the bureaucracy and it is the bureaucracy we have to remind of our rights.

Luke

Some of the folks had political pull within DOS. Some had political pull by large donations to their favorite candidate. Some had ambassadors walk into Tom Ridge's office for help for one of their constituents. What I am saying is that it helps if you are high up on the food chain and if you are not then you will wait the longest. It also helps to squeak the wheel. <_<

Guest R2D2

It has not been discussed here before, but there is also another reason why China is targeted for additional security checks. We know of Asa Hutchinson and John Ashcroft's affiliation with Bob Jones University that is, and has been, opposed to mixed marriages. We should also confront the other reason that China and our loved ones are being scrutinized. Many of the people that have been appointed by this president, to serve as heads of departments, are quite old. Nothing wrong with that! However, many served during the Reagan administration and the previous Bush administration. At those times, especially during the Reagan administration, the saying was, "Better dead than Red!" I do not think that it is by happenchance that Russia, Cuba, and China are included in the supposed terrorist countries where additional security checks are required. It seems that it is OK for our large corporations to give classified technical secrets to this block of three but it is not going to be tolerated from your loved ones. The same can be said about the transferance of cash to China. It is OK for Corporations to transfer millions in cash, but we are restricted to sending no more than $1,000 per month. The logic seems to be that there are different laws for the wealthy. Since when????:( :blink: It also does not help that an FBI double agent was also working for the Chinese government. Has anyone ever asked why the FBI has never come under the gun for 9/11, for not picking up the 30 terrorists here in the US according to the GAO, or having a double agent under their noses? The FBI should be looking and security checking their own home before they come into mine!!!!! :( :(

I remember one of the very first members who left candle for months because he objected to 'racist comments' on the board. It's time to tone it down unless you can show some proof of a conspiracy against Chinese immigrants. Playing the racial card with holes in it (Russia is one of our new best friends) won't win the game.

Hi Don,

Naturally, no one is going to find proof of a conspiracy by our government (administration or bureaucracy) to discriminate against Chinese immigrants, or any other people of color for that matter.

But, if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... odds are, it's a duck! :wacko:

Now, it's my impression that most of our state department people are genuine and compassionate. I don't believe that these delays that we're facing are their fault. But, can you offer a reasonable explanation as to why my fiancee's name check has been pending since September, 2002? I can't.

Overworked and understaffed at the security agency?

If it were simply a matter of not enough people and too much work, I'd have no problem waiting... as long as everyone were in the same boat. But you know all too well that's not the case.

You say show some proof... well, the numbers speak for themselves.

If we were trying to obtain K visas for English, Canadian, or any Western European wives or fiancees for example, you and I would have long ago had our loved ones here.

Don, I think all of us here love this country. Many of us have put our lives on the line because our country called us to. But, loving it doesn't equate to silence. I was silent and trusted our government to treat me fairly for almost one year and it got me nothing.

We shouldn't be afraid to speak out against the way we're being treated, and I don't intend to stop my efforts until every person is free of the black hole! I just hope that the new immigration system will work better than this hellish quagmire that we're in now. My goal is to see that no one else has to wait as long as we have.

By the way R2D2, Your last post in this thread is all too true. Sad isn't it...

Best Wishes.

Well said Don!

That was a thoughtful answer to a very complex issue.

I don't remember the quote exactly, but it goes something like... we shouldn't assume conspiracy when incompetance will suffice.

This is a maddening process, and sometimes it is easy to allow emotion to override reason. I am grateful for your comments.

I will definately consider all the posts and suggestions made here before I send my final draft letter to the presidential hopefuls on Monday.

Best Wishes

Guest R2D2

I have gone back and checked on the background and voting records of the present politically appointed administrators and the politicians that are either now elected or appointed. Their racial voting records are dismal, to say the least. Whether the bias comes forth as a conspiracy or by happenchance is not the point. The point is, it is present and it should not be in this great Country of ours. I suspect that these people got to the positions that they are in due to the malaise of us, the voting American public. It seems that we would rather watch health reports, diet fads, and human interest stories on our favorite news programs than watch hard issues like we are faced with. The news media has a knee jerk reaction that is triggered by the public and the politicians. Also, they are sponsored by advertisers. We have been in the grips of a bunch of criminals since 9/11 and the outcome of that paranoia has been played to the point that individuals and groups are taking avantage to justify their own sick and warped agendas. Criminals are criminals and they should be arrested, tried before a fair and impartial court, and sentenced by their peers. It seems, like in our case, that we have put aside the very principles that our country was founded on to justify an end. It all will come back to kick us in the ass. Already, we are paying the price for creating an isolationist agenda. Trade has suffered and, as a result, a loss of jobs. No Country can stand alone in this world today. Right after 9/11, we had the sympathy and support of the entire world community. In a few short years, we have lost that good will. If this were a level playing field and all countries came under the scrutiny of additional security checks, and money and political pull had no bearing, then I am sure that no one here would have a gripe. That, however, has not, and is not the case. When people remain silent, the status quo will continue.

Guest R2D2

BTW, Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Fox Television began as the dream of Australian Rupert Murdoch, a global media titan who wanted to start a fourth U.S. television network.

Fox began broadcasting in October 1986 and gradually became a contender in the television ratings wars. Ten years later, Murdoch's News Corporation broke into cable news broadcasting with the Fox News Channel -- a network now in heavy competition with AOL Time Warner's CNN and General Electric and Microsoft's MSNBC.

After inheriting an Australian newspaper from his father, Murdoch spent the next 50 years building a media empire with interest in nine different types of media on six continents. News Corp. is the world's leading English-language newspaper owner, publishing more than 175 different papers.

Letter writing. Letter writing. Letter writing. Letter writing. Letter writing. Letter writing. Letter writing. Letter writing. Letter writing.

Who shall we focus on next? I am sure it is true with your fiancees/wives as it is with mine- she grows more beautiful everyday and she can not be here for me to behold. There is just something special about her and I miss her every day. It's just something inside her character that is beautiful.

Lets irritate the crap out of someone so they can feel my agony. They should swim in an ocean of letters from us. Pound them until they cry to the person that can do something. Help me, help me I'm getting too many letter!

Let's volunteer someone to receive letters. My theory is to pick on the little guys because they will cry first. The weakest link. They know who to cry to. They are just acting like a linebacker blocking us. We should not allow those little guys to stop us, together we can plow over them. :angry:

Hi All,

I got a reply from the ACLU today. It's a fairly generic reply, and not exactly what I'd hoped for, but at least it's not an autoreply! :greenblob:

Their reply follows...

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in the ACLU. The ACLU web site: http://www.aclu.org/ contains articles on this and other issues. A search engine is available.

You can read more about this issue in the "Keep America Safe and Free" section of the ACLU website at: http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFreeMain.cfm.

You can also stay informed by visiting the news section of the ACLU¡¯s website at http://www.aclu.org/Focus.cfm?ContentStyle=1&num=10 and we further invite you to discuss your opinions about ACLU actions at http://forums.aclu.org.

Thank you once again for your interest in the ACLU.

Sincerely,

D. Barber

ACLU Correspondence Manager

Best Wishes to all, and let's keep up the pressure!