Letter writing campaign

Hi All,

I gotten a few emails asking about a letter writing campaign. I think we might get a better response if we all write to the same person or organization. For example we could pick one newspaper, and one television news program.

It's so easy for the media to ignore one or two letters, but if they got hundreds of letters each day, I think they'd pay attention.

I'd like some suggestions about which newspaper and which television news program we should write. I think we should write to them every day until we get the response we want, and I want to see our story on television and in print!

Perhaps we could pick one government official to write also.

Let me know what you think.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest to find someone at National Public Radio in Washington. It's a place we might actually get both a sympathetic ear and a place were some Washington insiders are more likely to get wind of it (i.e., someone who might actually be able to get something done).

Issue season is getting ready to open with the start of the 2004 presidential campaign. If we can get our plight plugged into that machine somehow, then something might really happen.

LA Times, Washington Post, NY Times, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, and the political satirist, Mark Fiore, who is published in the LA Times and the Washington Post. Mark did show an interest last year in helping us. He might again if enough letters were sent to him. A major political satirist is better than 10 papers. Don't forget AP and Reuters. :) It is easy to make uneducated people educated but next to impossible to educate people that have already fixed ideas about immigration. Did you know that we have a natural declining population (average one child per couple with the me generation) and that without immigration, legal or otherwise, our service sector economy in this country would go down the tubes?

I have known there are a great number of pendnig cases are from Ca. so shall we send to LA Times since Ca is one of the state holds the most suffers. :)

Mark Fiore as you mentioned might be the one we really should ask for help. R2D2 do you know the way to contact with him? I think at least his heart is not as cold as most FBIs

Hi Robhon,

I think the suggestion to send a letter to NPR is an excellent idea. They do thorough, thoughtful, and indepth stories on issues that aren't sensational enough to make the national prime time media.

I sent a letter to their morning show, morning@npr.org

I'd suggest that all of us here send them a quick email.

If enough of us write to them, they'll realize just how big this problem is.

Hello everyone,

A white slip holder finally got out of dark hole. The application has been over 20 months for K1 

P.S

My MM has received EMS from GZ last Friday .

Congratulations Jason! 20 months is way too long to have to wait. I am glad to hear another white slipper has climbed out of the Black Hole. Best of luck to the both of you, now and in the future. :( :greenblob:

Jason,

I'm happy to see another one of us finally getting out of this chaos! 20 months is way too long to wait. Best of luck to you!

And Whoever, you are certainly right.

We must try. We must keep on keeping on. If we don't keep emailing and faxing and writing, no one will listen to us.

One person is too easy to ignore. But, we have over 500 members.

Can you imagine what a newspaper or television news program would think if they got more than 500 emails in one day all addressing the same issue?