Letter writing campaign

Thank you very much !!! good luck for all of you .

Here's my time line

p1=11/19/2001

P2=1/14/2002

P3=5/2/2002

P4=7/21/2002 interview@ 8/29/2002

P5 =6/27/2003  10 months hold by FBI

Thank you for posting your timeline Jason.

I wonder now whose case has been on hold the longest now

Mine is 9 months hold by FBI

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all the folks who hold up through the ordeal of this endless delay and come out from it a winner!

My fiance has been waiting for her visa after approved in GZ on Aug. 5, 2002. GZ told us they submit and resubmit for the clearance and they assured us that her case is still in process.

I will also sent my email to NPR to add my two cents. I wrote to my senators and congressman here in California. But I don't expect much really.

Let's focus our effort together to push for one likely place, such as the great suggestion of NPR morning program. Wish us all good luck here!

ycai

P.S. Just sent my story to the Morning Edition on NPR. I referred them to check the websites including this one for more information regarding the story and so many like mine. Thanks for the suggestion and good luck to every one.

I sent my "press release" to npr and mark fiore.

NOA2 April 9 2002, P4 Nov. 11, 2002, Interviewed Oct 30, 2002 submit and resubmit...

I wrote an endearing story of how we met and the false hope that we have had with each resubmittal for the press release. The press like facts with human suffering. Or is that inhumane suffering.

Congratulations to all the folks who hold up through the ordeal of this endless delay and come out from it a winner!

My fiance has been waiting for her visa after approved in GZ on Aug. 5, 2002. GZ told us they submit and resubmit for the clearance and they assured us that her case is still in process.

I will also sent my email to NPR to add my two cents. I wrote to my senators and congressman here in California. But I don't expect much really.

Let's focus our effort together to push for one likely place, such as the great suggestion of NPR morning program. Wish us all good luck here!

ycai

P.S. Just sent my story to the Morning Edition on NPR. I referred them to check the websites including this one for more information regarding the story and so many like mine. Thanks for the suggestion and good luck to every one.

Do you mean your fiance was interviewed and approved on August 5. :lol: :lol:

If so, that is sure one heck of a long wait for the visa. We were approved on August 20 and received the visa, finally, on March 10. Did you get the famous "white slip" on August 5? :lol: :huh:

I am sure he meant that.

My uncle's fiancee was also interview on August some time in 2002.  And they are still waiting on the visa.

And, the Congressman offered no help.

This really saddens me. I know these folks must be stressed beyond belief. I would be very interested to know how many folks who were interviewed last summer are still waiting for the visa to be issued. We waited for almost seven months, as did Eric, Jon in Denver, AngryTexan, AZ Wolfman, Joseph, Bbzou, and too many others to count. I am so distressed to hear that there are Black Hole people still out there. I knew that there were, but I guess this post really brought it home to me. :( :angry: :(

Hi Mick,

Yes there are still some of us who are part of that infamous Black Hole. That's why I started this thread. We have to do something about it! Not just for those of us who've waited so long, but for every one of us.

No one should have to wait a year for a K visa, but how many here have waited longer than that? It's my goal to see that this system works the way it's supposed to, for everyone.

I don't want to see another single person have to go through the pain and heartache that so many of us have had to bear!

The only way that we can accomplish this is to have an orchestrated, concentrated letter writing campaign to a single media outlet. I have chosen the Los Angeles Times. If every member of this web group would write one email each day for one week to the L.A. Times, our story would be national news.

I intend to write every day, will you join me?

Hi Mick,

Yes there are still some of us who are part of that infamous Black Hole.  That's why I started this thread.  We have to do something about it!  Not just for those of us who've waited so long, but for every one of us.  

No one should have to wait a year for a K visa, but how many here have waited longer than that?  It's my goal to see that this system works the way it's supposed to, for everyone.  

I don't want to see another single person have to go through the pain and heartache that so many of us have had to bear!

The only way that we can accomplish this is to have an orchestrated, concentrated letter writing campaign to a single media outlet.  I have chosen the Los Angeles Times.  If every member of this web group would write one email each day for one week to the L.A. Times, our story would be national news.

I intend to write every day, will you join me?

Arglye

We will join you !! Shall we send our seperated story by oursleves or send a same letter which all our signs? please let us know what shall we do here

:( We don't want to through another Summer !

I think another avenue we may want to pursue is writting the presidential candidates. We need to get them talking about this immigration mess. I know a lot of the democrats are looking ammunnition against this administration and our plight is a good example of how mismanaged the whole process has become.

Guest R2D2
I think another avenue we may want to pursue is writting the presidential candidates. We need to get them talking about this immigration mess. I know a lot of the democrats are looking ammunnition against this administration and our plight is a good example of how mismanaged the whole process has become.

GOOOOD idea, Tim. :angry: :(

TimD,

That is an outstanding idea!

I will email all of the democratic hopefuls this week. I suggest that everyone else here do the same thing.

And let's not let the republicans off the hook either. Let them know that we are looking for a solution to our problem, and that the democrats are listening to us. They play politics with us, let's turn the tables on them!

Thanks Tim!

Hi SBS!

I think that we all need to write to the L.A. Times individually. If the editor begins reading 500 emails each day about our plight, we will be heard!

You have waited too long, and for what? Why? Certainly not national security! This whole thing is just too ridiculous... :(

Together, we have the power to change this!

Hi all,

I just returned home from a 12 hour workday with the intention to report that my love wrote to NPR and Asiaweek.

Xiyu was waiting on line for me: Looks like we finally got clearance! :lol: :o :D :lol:

I will call DoS for confirmation first thing in the morning. KC wrote my wife and not me :o : Never the less I am very happy ;) but truly belief it once confirmed :D .

The visa delay and the on hold mess unfortunately remains unchanged. I do my best to contribute with what I can do to help out.

About tow weeks ago I bought a ticket to be with my family late July, now it might include the interview aside from a badly needed dentist visit.

All the best

cautiously excited Daniel and Xiyu

Hi Dan,

I truly hope that you've found the light at the end of this tunnel! Each one of us who makes it out of this mess is a victory for all of us.

But, I know that you will never forget these past several months, and all that you and your lovely Xiyu have endured.

I know that we can count on your support now and in the future.

Best Wishes.