Letter writing campaign

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

This candle is lit, and burning brightly. Our letter writing campaign is getting results. Let's not get sidetracked. There are more than 500 members here, and we are all individuals. We're not always going to speak with one voice. In fact, it would be boring if we did! :D

But, I hope that one thing that everyone here can agree on is this:

anyone here who has been waiting as long as Luke and Qiong have, has been waiting too long!

Now, let's write those letters, faxes, and emails for Luke and Qiong. We've seen the results that we've gotten in the past. Let's make it happen for Luke and Qiong too.

Best Wishes

Hi All,

This candle is lit, and burning brightly.  Our letter writing campaign is getting results.  Let's not get sidetracked.  There are more than 500 members here, and we are all individuals.  We're not always going to speak with one voice.  In fact, it would be boring if we did! :lol:

But, I hope that one thing that everyone here can agree on is this:

anyone here who has been waiting as long as Luke and Qiong have, has been waiting too long! 

Now, let's write those letters, faxes, and emails for Luke and Qiong.  We've seen the results that we've gotten in the past.  Let's make it happen for Luke and Qiong too.

Best Wishes

Let us not forget Don, also. He has done much for this board. It is time to move on and get more through the eye of the needle. :D :P

Hi Jade_yan

Below is a sanitized version of a letter I sent to Maura Harty on behalf of SBS and Orbitalpunk. I hope it gives you some ideas. Our letters don't need to be long, just sincere and to the point.

Re: Case Number GUZxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Assistant Secretary Harty,

I am writing you on behalf of Mr. X and Miss Z. Their petition has been stalled since (date here) when the FBI placed a hold on their case. Please use whatever influence your office has to help them.

(number here) months should be plenty of time to resolve any discrepancies that may have arisen during their security check. I believe that you are a compassionate and honorable person, and I'm sure you agree that they deserve an answer.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Respectfully,