Letter writing campaign

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

On July 7, I emailed acting DOS Inspector General Anne Sigmund (oighotline@state.gov). On July 8, her office answered my email. I received their response via U.S. Mail today. Their reply follows:

This letter is to acknowledge your complaint to the Office of Inspector General's Hotline...

We conducted a review of your concerns and determined that the appropriate office to address this matter is:

U.S. Department of State

Bureau of Consular Affaris

Office of Executive Director

2401 E Street NW

Washington, DC 20037

We have forwarded your complaint to the above office for action and have asked that it contact you directly for more information, if necessary. Please refer future correspondence, or if you have questions, to the Bureau of Consular Affairs.

Sincerely

While Assistant Secretary Maura Harty has STILL not answered our group letter directly, I did get an email from KC. She didn't mention our group letter, but I am sure that they read it. (See my post above) We have seen a great deal of movement on this board in the past few weeks. Some of the more recently cleared cases have been stalled for several months.

Write those letters and emails, and let's not leave anyone behind.

Best Wishes

I, too, can attest to Argyle's post. I called NVC today and was almost instantly transfered to DOS (CA). Was told that a resubmit was ordered and they are watching for the return of the security clearances on a daily basis. Keep those letters coming to news organizations, etc.... We have moved a lot of people over the last three weeks. That 60 minutes rerun was probably in response to an e-mail that I sent 60 minutes 3 weeks ago. Lets get some more moved along the way. I am convinced that what Eric said a long time ago is correct. A lot of the problems are inefficiency. Since it is so hard to fire anybody that works for the government, the only way a department head can get rid of someone is to promote them. The higher the promotions, or, more frequent the promotions, the greater the screw up. These are the people that become department heads. :rolleyes: :lol:

I also sent an email to DOS Inspector General Anne Sigmund, July 8th and received a letter via USPS today. Word for word the same letter except it was signed by the

Acting Special Agent in Charge

Headquarters Operations Division

Not sure what that is or what will become of this. Guess it is a nice change to get at least get past the "screeners" and get a response even if it does only pass the buck? I can hope any new tactic could reach the mystery agency that can clear our case.

ON HOLDER DON"T GIVE UP keep trying everwhere and everyone

Hi I'm new here and found this board out of desperation. My fiancee is from India but has worked in Dubai for the last couple of years. Because of that he is undergoing the Security clearance and I am so desperate. No one at the State Department could give me any kind of coherent replies -- they know about as much as a two year old.

This letter campaign you are referring to exactly what is it? Who do I write? I have written CNN requesting a followup of the Aaron Brown report because the State Department blatantly lied to them stating these clearances are now under 30 days, I have written Colin Powell, the Immigration Sub-committees, all my State and Federal representatives and senators, Department of Justice and Ms. Harty. What news organizations should I write?

Thanks

Gail

Hi I'm new here and found this board out of desperation.  My fiancee is from India but has worked in Dubai for the last couple of years.  Because of that he is undergoing the Security clearance and I am so desperate.  No one at the State Department could give me any kind of coherent replies -- they know about as much as a two year old. 

This letter campaign you are referring to exactly what is it?  Who do I write?  I have written CNN requesting a followup of the Aaron Brown report because the State Department blatantly lied to them stating these clearances are now under 30 days, I have written Colin Powell, the Immigration Sub-committees, all my State and Federal representatives and senators, Department of Justice and Ms. Harty.  What news organizations should I write?

Thanks

Gail

Gail.

Regardless of where he lives/lived , he would go thru a security check... After 9/11.

Granted, they might take a closer look to those who have Gulf ties one way or another, but hey, they are dragging their feet on sweet typical Chinese citizen as well.... not exactly scientific criminal profiling is it ? :o

Keep faith , hang tight.. Don't get upset by the fact he lived in the UAE and that they are picking on you/ him . They're not.

The reason is more like.. "We don't really know what we're doing, but we can't tell you".. You have hundreds of people here on this board to that can show and vouch for it

Thank God, in our personal case, it was resolved after 8 months....Now we wait for the darn AOS interview, but we're in no hurry.. She's here

But nevertheless... it's a pain... ( not the wife !! the process ! :lol: )

Stick around here, you'll make friends and get help/ support.

Cheers !

Hi I'm new here and found this board out of desperation.  My fiancee is from India but has worked in Dubai for the last couple of years.  Because of that he is undergoing the Security clearance and I am so desperate.  No one at the State Department could give me any kind of coherent replies -- they know about as much as a two year old. 

This letter campaign you are referring to exactly what is it?  Who do I write?  I have written CNN requesting a followup of the Aaron Brown report because the State Department blatantly lied to them stating these clearances are now under 30 days, I have written Colin Powell, the Immigration Sub-committees, all my State and Federal representatives and senators, Department of Justice and Ms. Harty.  What news organizations should I write?

Thanks

Gail

Way to go, Gail. Hang in there and get in their face. !!!! :lol: :lol: :D

My fiancee has been waiting for two months -- which compared to most of you here is nothing but one day away from him is too much for me. However, so many people from Abu Dhabi embassy have had 6-12 months wait and I don't want to wait that long so I am getting active early. I have done so much research on the Visa Condor and know the wait could be very long. When our petition was at TSC, I believed their timelines and was so patient. After five months, I was uncontrollable........LOL. I got involved with a protest group and my petition was approved in two weeks. I swore then I would never sat idle in the process and wait as they requested.

What I think is really unfair is the "target" groups. If they are doing all this for "national security" then why is it not implemented across the board -- for every single applicant regardless of country? Every country, every race, every nationality has "extremists". Even in India, these people go in and get their visas the same day -- unless they have been to a muslim country. A couple of students I corresponded with were put under Visa Condor in India but had their visa issued within 30 days.

I am beginning to believe that our government says they do "visa condors" on some applicants just to show they are not targetting certain populations -- but in fact they never actually do the check. How else could some get cleared and have their visa in hand within 3-4 weeks?

This weekend I am going to draft a new letter and send it out to everyone I can find an email or phone number for. Its their fault that I am so bored so I will make them swim in a mountain of emails and faxes. If nothing else they will get him finished to stop the flood of emails that I send. It is the only thing I can think of that might help him get here quicker.

Right you are, Gail. My letter writing campaign, coupled with inquires by my Senator, succeeded. My package is on the way to GZ monday or as early as today. I called NVC this morning and got the same generic response,"waiting for security checks". I asked to speak to the lady that asked me to call back today and she told me that she was busy. However, the gal I talked to was very uncooperative. I called back and got the same gal. I didn't speak and hung up. I called back again, a third time, and got a different gal. She put me through to the gal that was put in charge of my case. She told me that all the security checks were in and that it was going to be on its way to GZ. :lol: :lol: :D :D