Score One for the CR1s

Question 1) How did we meet? - The internet.

2) Which website? - here she only knew the Chinese for the site not English.... date.com; at the moment she wept as she thought not knowing was a problem....

3) Evidence of 1st chinese visit - now this one is a little interesting - she had lost all the receipts that I sent to her, including the air tickets. I had scanned these previously, so I sent the copies. She had only copies to show.

4) Asked to see a Copy of my passport and stamped page for first visit.

5) Asked to see my 2005 tax return. The return was submitted late as I have filed a W7 (taxpayer identification number). The W7, W2 and pay stubs were included.

6) Can I see emails. All our emails are written in Chinese with English translation (line by line). Translation courtesy Google. We had about 30 of the best emails in the Notebook, and another 120 separate. We have written over 3,400 emails...

7) Can I see photos? - photos all included date and identification information on the back.

8) The VO saw a "photo poem" I had sent to Wenzhen, and asked to see it. I had not even thought to include this, but evidently it interested the officer.

9) Does your husband speak Chinese? - Yes, but with a pronunciation only a wife could understand.

10) Congratulations! You are going to America!

:drunk: :) :clapping: :clapping: :drunk: :draw: :clapping: :drunk:

2) Which website? - here she only knew the Chinese for the site not English.... date.com; at the moment she wept as she thought not knowing was a problem....

3) Evidence of 1st chinese visit - now this one is a little interesting - she had lost all the receipts that I sent to her, including the air tickets.  I had scanned these previously, so I sent the copies.  She had only copies to show.

5) Asked to see my 2005 tax return. The return was submitted late as I have filed a W7 (taxpayer identification number). The W7, W2 and pay stubs were included.

6) Can I see emails. All our emails are written in Chinese with English translation (line by line). Translation courtesy Google. We had about 30 of the best emails in the Notebook, and another 120 separate. We have written over 3,400 emails...

7) Can I see photos? - photos all included date and identification information on the back.

8) The VO saw a "photo poem" I had sent to Wenzhen, and asked to see it. I had not even thought to include this, but evidently it interested the officer.

9) Does your husband speak Chinese? - Yes, but with a pronunciation only a wife could understand.

:drunk:  :)  :clapping:  :clapping:  :drunk:  :draw:  :clapping:  :drunk:

230406[/snapback]

Congratulations!! Best of luck to both of you!! :D

3) Evidence of 1st chinese visit - now this one is a little interesting - she had lost all the receipts that I sent to her, including the air tickets.  I had scanned these previously, so I sent the copies.  She had only copies to show.

:abduct:  :draw:  :greenblob:  :clapping:  :abduct:  :draw:  :greenblob:  :clapping:

230406[/snapback]

Congratulations to you! And thank you for your post, it is very interesting! :D

Congratulations!  By the way, you mentioned translations by Google for emails, can you tell me more about this?  Again, way to go!

Best of future to you both, Steve

230409[/snapback]

If you go to www.google.com, then click on the "language tools" link. It will take you to their translator.

My wife writes letters in Chinese, I take the characters (line at a time), select - clip - paste; them into the appropriate section, then click for Chinese (simplified) to English.

The translation comes out a bit "yoda" if you know what I mean. The words are kind of mixed around. Takes a little time to get used to understanding them well.

hope this helps

Congratulations!!!! We have just begun the marriage visa process and can not wait for this day to come to our household. We wish you a wonderful and happy life together. Thanks for the interview summary.

David and Lily (Xu Xiao Li)

GREAT! Good for you two! It sounds like your wife did a great job with the interview and that you two were well prepared. Have a great life together. This gives me a little more confidence as a fellow CR1er. Thanks for providing the interview questions.

Thanks for the summary of the interview, very informing I hope others will do the same.

Best of Luck!

Congratulations, it is always so great to hear of a success....

best wishes in future....