GOT THE WHITE CARD!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We made it home, yesterday at 7:30 AM, Seattle time. Few questions in the entry line, but I was glad I went in the line with Leigh. She had some hesitations and the officer was not very patient. Just, when will you marry?, where will you live?. Asked the daughter if she spoke English (no), and where she will go to school. Then said "welcome to the US." And we were on our way.

Customs was easy. They didn't even look at our bags and waved us through. Home by 9:30!

Any ideas on how to ease the culture shock for them?

Mark

Hello Mark and Leigh,

First of all, congratulations on the return to the US for all of you! I still remember what it was like for us that day. Because I'm out of town for the next few days, I don't have time to respond to this thread right this instant, but I promise you I will respond when I get back. My wife (fiancee at the time) brought her 12 year old daughter with her at the time, and I think I can be of some help. Give me a couple of days, and I promise I will respond!

Thanks,

Carl

Mark,

Its great to hear Leigh was successful. I'm happy for you both. It was sure cold out there on the 14th wasn't it? I caught a bad cold from that day. How about you?

I saw Ki on the 18th to pick up our visas, but I didn't see you or Jeff.

Anyway, keep in touch. Maybe we can meet up again.

-Jim and Ning Ning (now both in Cocoa, Florida) :rolleyes: