Randy W

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chenxi's daycare had a Christmas Party on Sunday. Santa Claus was played by the English teacher from England. The cost of the daycare is around ¥1000 (or around $150USD) for an entire semester. I think it would be rated a 'very good' daycare in the U.S. Chenxi, our grandson, is the one in the Spiderman costume. The party was held at the Garden International Hotel in Yulin.

gallery_1846_722_39780.jpggallery_1846_722_632439.jpggallery_1846_722_368080.jpg

gallery_1846_722_1363444.jpg

• Like 1

Jiaying's been couging and hacking the whole trip. I'm sure the weather's been hard on her - 8C in the morning 20C in the afteernoon with cold breezes in the shade. So we're going to skip Zhaoqing and just head on back home tomorrow. Pictures when I can post them.

Day)

Baiyun Shan (mountain) today (New Year'was like a Disney crowd on the 4th of July minus the attractions. A good place to see the haze.

I found out the sun doesn't set in Guangzhou - it just DISAPPEARS into the haze. I've never seen that before. It's painfully obvious from the Canton Tower.

I was amazed at how bad the pollution is there when Bing had her interview in GZ 12 years ago. we were in a hotel room about 10 floors up and when I looked out across the city it was a brown haze clinging to the skyline.