Leaving for China soon!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol im in a restaurant, i hope he isnt doing something like that

Wouldn't be the first time :P

speaking from experience? :P

Well, I . . . uh, ya see it was like uh . . .uhmm . . .

I'd love to stay but I got a pie in the oven and I

uh . . . gotta go. :lol:

Wow! This is all really great....when I met my Father -in-Law he knew I was a Marine...he told me that when he was defending China and fighting in Korea the US Marines raided his hospital and shot him in the leg...but he laughed about it. Y'all really look good together, congratulations.

But seriously folks....now is the time to begin front loading you petition...besides getting plenty of photos of you and her together and with family 'n' friends, save all of your tickets to attractions, movies, trains, buses and airlines...when in doubt, save it. Have a great time in Xiamen, my other home town...it'll be warmer there. ZZ

Hello everyone once again, just a small update. We are leaving for the parents house on friday night. Ive been taking in what you all have said about meeting the parents. I asked her what I should do and she just giggles at me.

Well anyways, I just had her watch me shave and brush my teeth and showed her the right way of doing things when it comes to brushing teeth. Well I watched her brush her teeth and OMG!!! I was about to ask her why do you even brush? I am meticulous about the body and teeth is my number 1 item on the list. I just showed her how to brush her teeth the right way, and of course I was expecting it, her gums started to bleed. So we are going to the dentist now and I want her to get a cleaning, shes onboard with it. I am guessing she has NEVER EVER had a cleaning done because she hasnt refused one bit. I hate cleaning's in america, I cant imagine what its like here lol.

Ive been reading the dentist thread that you guys had going and im a little nervous for her. But I really want her to take care of her body. A trip to an american dentist is one of the first stops when she gets to america.

Glad to hear that y'all are still having fun...I have seen so many people there with bad teeth, even the elites. My wife got on me for not brushing right...she does it some crazy way, but her teeth are beautiful and snow white. Say, I was wondering what your MOS is and where are you stationed?

Glad to hear that y'all are still having fun...I have seen so many people there with bad teeth, even the elites. My wife got on me for not brushing right...she does it some crazy way, but her teeth are beautiful and snow white. Say, I was wondering what your MOS is and where are you stationed?

My MOS is 6286 Aviation Safety Equipement Mechanic (AME) on KC-130J model aircraft. I was stationed in Fort Worth, TX from 06-08 and okinawa japan from 08 until now. I get out next month.

Hello everyone once again, just a small update. We are leaving for the parents house on friday night. Ive been taking in what you all have said about meeting the parents. I asked her what I should do and she just giggles at me.

Well anyways, I just had her watch me shave and brush my teeth and showed her the right way of doing things when it comes to brushing teeth. Well I watched her brush her teeth and OMG!!! I was about to ask her why do you even brush? I am meticulous about the body and teeth is my number 1 item on the list. I just showed her how to brush her teeth the right way, and of course I was expecting it, her gums started to bleed. So we are going to the dentist now and I want her to get a cleaning, shes onboard with it. I am guessing she has NEVER EVER had a cleaning done because she hasnt refused one bit. I hate cleaning's in america, I cant imagine what its like here lol.

Ive been reading the dentist thread that you guys had going and im a little nervous for her. But I really want her to take care of her body. A trip to an american dentist is one of the first stops when she gets to america.

You guys look great together. She is a cutie. If I bring my girl over, one of her first visits is definately to the dentist. I was the first one who ever used floss in front of her. She didnt know what it was :ph34r: I am sure that equates to a very large dentist bill in my future :D

One more thing for meeting her family, if you see this in time. It's a custom that when you see them you should address them in terms of their relationship to you (i.e., to your fiancee). Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Aunt, Uncle... they'll probably all want to immediately hear you call them by their relation to you.

As for drinking, if you go out with "just the guys" I wouldn't shy away at all. It can be a fun and very interesting bonding experience to watch your brother-in-law or cousin rising steadily in his happiness meter if for no other reason than the sheer pleasure of sitting with you and partaking the baijiu...

One more thing for meeting her family, if you see this in time. It's a custom that when you see them you should address them in terms of their relationship to you (i.e., to your fiancee). Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, Aunt, Uncle... they'll probably all want to immediately hear you call them by their relation to you.

As for drinking, if you go out with "just the guys" I wouldn't shy away at all. It can be a fun and very interesting bonding experience to watch your brother-in-law or cousin rising steadily in his happiness meter if for no other reason than the sheer pleasure of sitting with you and partaking the baijiu...

I joke with all the time im going to call her parents mama and papa. My culture is the same way so it wasn't anything new to me.

im at their house now, I wasn't really nervous when I was on my way to the house but once I saw the family it was all downhill.

I tried to shake the fathers hand and he gave me the cold shoulder, so embarrassing. so anyways we sat and ate dinner and I got poured a glass of straight whiskey.

by no means am I a good drinker. so I slowly paced the 1 glass. everytime I drank a sip they cheers me. overall the ucle was there and he said I did a good job as a first impression. whew what a relief!!!

the dad left later that night with the uncle and I didn't seem him again for the night.

I ended up talking to the brother who speaks decent english, he was xpressing the family's concerns about her going to america. the family was apparently trying to set their daughter up with some other family that owns a factory. so they were saying if she stayed in china they knew she would have a good life. Me, still in my early 20's didn't have a lot to assure them their daughter would not live a life of poverty.

I slept in my own room and she slept with her sister, the first night I've been with her and we haven't slept with each other. I haven't held or kissed her in 12 hours! sure enough she sneaks into my room at 6am in the morning and we just kiss. its 0730 now and I can't go back to sleep.

Well I have the whole day with them today so we will see how things work out.

Seem the issue is with papa, a lot out of the norm, it's usually mama that you have to convince, at least that is what I faced with my wife's parents.

Indeed, the father is actually ok with the idea. the mother is the one that is really worried. the father just didn't want to acknowledge my presence at first but all is better now. either way your right, she wants and is going to be with me regardless what her parents say. I just wanted to get heir blessing and support