Latest-Greatest BEST WAY to call China

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife uses something like Tsap is using. Given her frugality, it may be the same (I dunno).

I also have international plan on my cellphone. It's not the cheapest way, but it's nice for those 'spontaneous' calls.

What your wife is doing is no extra charge as long as it is a cell phone and you stay within the boundaries of the number of minutes. Then spontaneous calls do not cost more.

My wife uses something like Tsap is using. Given her frugality, it may be the same (I dunno).

I also have international plan on my cellphone. It's not the cheapest way, but it's nice for those 'spontaneous' calls.

What your wife is doing is no extra charge as long as it is a cell phone and you stay within the boundaries of the number of minutes. Then spontaneous calls do not cost more.

Yes, you're correct. However, I'm the one who makes 'spontaneous' calls. :lol:

I don't use her 'minutes'. My calls are infrequent and with the international plan, I don't worry about it if I need to make a call outside the US. It's just for convenience.

I don't use her 'minutes'. My calls are infrequent and with the international plan, I don't worry about it if I need to make a call outside the US. It's just for convenience.

So what does your wife have to say about these 'spontaneous' call charges? :lol:

So what does your wife have to say about these 'spontaneous' call charges? :lol:

That would involve her seeing the bill... :P

That will never happen. (Not that I wouldn't let her, she's just not interested.) It's weird, she will scrutinize every grocery bill: But, the household bills - to her they're just magically taken care of. :P

This has been tackled a number of times here, but it's now the YEAR OF THE OX, so an update might be in order.

1. What are the BEST WAYs to call China from the USA in terms of quality AND price?
  2. What are the BEST WAYS to call around the USA in terms of quality AND price?

I got her Skype Unlimited World in china for 12.00 per month but with a local skype phone number in U.S. after calling the local number the call is forwarded to her cell phone.

Griz, this may well not be the best ways to call China and all across the US but it's what I do. ;)

For China: Free call planet...$25 for 5,600 minutes, that's .0044 cents per minute.

To call Free call planet's California number and for my many calls in the US I pay Verizon $99.99 a month for unlimited minutes.

My calls are clear with the lil' rabbit and we often talk 5,500 to 6,500 minutes a month...not too bad for a couple the DOS deemed to not have a bona fide relationship, eh?

tsap seui

$25 a month for 5,600 minutes???? Skype is $99 a year unlimited.

Griz, this may well not be the best ways to call China and all across the US but it's what I do. :blink:

For China: Free call planet...$25 for 5,600 minutes, that's .0044 cents per minute.

To call Free call planet's California number and for my many calls in the US I pay Verizon $99.99 a month for unlimited minutes.

My calls are clear with the lil' rabbit and we often talk 5,500 to 6,500 minutes a month...not too bad for a couple the DOS deemed to not have a bona fide relationship, eh?

tsap seui

$25 a month for 5,600 minutes???? Skype is $99 a year unlimited.

Good for you Oyscar, you is jest one smart cookie. :D Unfortunately I don't always look for the cheapest or even care what is the cheapest...it's just a character flaw, I have, that's why I make disclaimers like I highlighted above for folks like yourself.

tsap seui

I still have Italkbb.. 24.99 per month.

Free calls to USA, Canada, most of Europe and China.

Calls to us from China ... FREE!!!!

Quality has been very good.

My wife stays in touch with her family and friends very easy.

We use I-talk. I pay for it a year at a time and get 2 months free. I have cable internet so I don't need a local phone line. Tough deal to beat.

I still have Italkbb.. 24.99 per month.

Free calls to USA, Canada, most of Europe and China.

Calls to us from China ... FREE!!!!

Quality has been very good.

My wife stays in touch with her family and friends very easy.

We use I-talk. I pay for it a year at a time and get 2 months free. I have cable internet so I don't need a local phone line. Tough deal to beat.

iTalk for us too... :ph34r: