Good Airlines

Any airline that gets you there safe and sound is good in my book. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/shadeogray/spank.gif

Not in mine, I want coffee food and a bed if they delay me.

Sounds like you need to "cowboy up" and take yur whoopin' like a main! (not mispelled) :lol: B)

BACK OFF MAN OR THE KID GETS IT! :ph34r:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/shadeogray/scarybunny.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any airline that gets you there safe and sound is good in my book. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/shadeogray/spank.gif

Not in mine, I want coffee food and a bed if they delay me.

Sounds like you need to "cowboy up" and take yur whoopin' like a main! (not mispelled) :lol: B)

BACK OFF MAN OR THE KID GETS IT! :ph34r:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/shadeogray/scarybunny.gif

I'll call your bluff. :P

Guest WenDylan

Daviation is right, most of the long hauls planes do have frigs.

Carry a small plastic cooler and ask for ice if all else fails.

I got the left over melting dry ice, because I was told no refrigerators. Maybe I am just not first class, and so I am not important.

Be careful , dry ice will freeze your meds. Wet ice is better.

This is true, that's why my little cooler pack has frozen ice, surrounding a glass tube, which is wrapped in a cloth to keep them at the right temperature, without freezing. I use this...

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/PB06M.jpg

Its a Polar Bear Med Cooler... and it works well, however now I take double the shots, so I might need to upgrade to this one...

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/PB12M.jpg

I got the left over melting dry ice, because I was told no refrigerators. Maybe I am just not first class, and so I am not important.

This is true, that's why my little cooler pack has frozen ice, surrounding a glass tube, which is wrapped in a cloth to keep them at the right temperature, without freezing. I use this...

Its a Polar Bear Med Cooler... and it works well, however now I take double the shots, so I might need to upgrade to this one...

Dylan,

Your docs script can be filled in any state, as long as he was in the state where he's licensed when he wrote it. I'm not sure what route you take that takes so long but if you really have a hard time keeping it cold, you could find a pharmacy near the last US airport and schedule a layover long enough to run out and get your meds and some ice. At least it would cut those hours off the time to keep cold.

Or maybe a small electric cooler like these could be plugged in onboard the flight?

Hi all,

So besides the basic US based carriers that I know who should I add to the list?

This is a thread that has been debated before, and I would say the best airline depends on where in the US you are flying from and where in China you want to go. So there is no one single answer here. Just do your research on the internet and find the best deal based upon these two factors.

I am in Florida and I fly to Beijing, the only real option for me is Continential to Newerk and then to Beijing. I did this in May and the flight was not only ontime but a little early, the service was very good, and I will do it again in November.

Richard

I agree with Richard both that it's been debated before (so much that maybe one could say we mass-debated :P ) and that it depends where you start.

I go Continental from Newark. Sometimes a long line to check in but once you get to Elite status you can check in with first class in no time at all. Planes are good and clean. Food is good, but I get vegetarian meals so I haven't sampled the regular fair. Always been ontime. Entertainment system is good including good Chinese movies. (Beijing Bicycle was interesting. Richard and I took this flight a few days apart, I believe, back in May. He probably caught Beijing Bicycle as well. ;) )

One trip a lady passed out as she walked by my seat and they discovered I was a doctor, which got me plenty of work the rest of the flight. The flight attendents were very kind, gave me a bottle of champagne, which I gave to the hotel staff, and one asked where I'd be staying and if I needed help exploring China. Ha! If I was going single I'd never get an offer like that! :P Continental put 25,000 miles in my account later and I thought that was nice. They could have left it at the champagne.

I've been very pleased with Continental's flights. Never flew United outside the country but they stranded me in Chicago the night before my son's wedding. Wouldn't give me my luggage. I had to take a bus to the wedding site then wait at that airport the next day for my luggage, which arrived just in time for me to change and get to the wedding. Never again! :D ;)

Edited by shushuweiwei (see edit history)

Guest WenDylan

Dylan,

Your docs script can be filled in any state, as long as he was in the state where he's licensed when he wrote it. I'm not sure what route you take that takes so long but if you really have a hard time keeping it cold, you could find a pharmacy near the last US airport and schedule a layover long enough to run out and get your meds and some ice. At least it would cut those hours off the time to keep cold.

Or maybe a small electric cooler like these could be plugged in onboard the flight?

That would work if I flew first class... :angry:

No I don't have a problem keeping them cold with the ice I got, even my travel time take 40 hours due to layovers and such. I am just stating an idea...

On the other side, I can't just pick this up in a pharmacy. The pharmaceutical manufacturer sends it to my house, because they give them to me for free. I take one shot per week, with a retail cost of $900 per injection.

I have always had the best luck with China southern out of LA or Thomas bradley that is. I fly from the east coast via Delta then jump on China Southern. The leg room is better than the USA owned airlines and they overfeed you. After 19 or so trips for business and for my Fiancee , I have almost tried them all and have stuck with China southern for the past 3 years. It is nice flying directly into Guangzhou (canton) as then I only have a 45 minute taxi ride to my Condo in Foshan. They provide you with eye plugs , eye covers , toothbrush , and comb. Business class of course is much better and typically can receive this seating with not much more money if you have a good travel agent. Average cost for the past flights from the East coast have averaged about $1600.00 round trip for Coach or about $2000.00 for business class. I have also found LA customs to be quicker than the others as well.

Edited by Joey and Yan (see edit history)

That would work if I flew first class... :(

Cathay now has power ports available on most of their long haul flights... even in economy class. On some aircraft it is only in the first six rows of economy, so maybe ask to be seated in those rows.

I have always had the best luck with China southern out of LA or Thomas bradley that is. I fly from the east coast via Delta then jump on China Southern. The leg room is better than the USA owned airlines and they overfeed you. After 19 or so trips for business and for my Fiancee , I have almost tried them all and have stuck with China southern for the past 3 years. It is nice flying directly into Guangzhou (canton) as then I only have a 45 minute taxi ride to my Condo in Foshan. They provide you with eye plugs , eye covers , toothbrush , and comb. Business class of course is much better and typically can receive this seating with not much more money if you have a good travel agent. Average cost for the past flights from the East coast have averaged about $1600.00 round trip for Coach or about $2000.00 for business class. I have also found LA customs to be quicker than the others as well.

I Like CZ a lot !

Hi all,

So besides the basic US based carriers that I know who should I add to the list?

This is a thread that has been debated before, and I would say the best airline depends on where in the US you are flying from and where in China you want to go. So there is no one single answer here. Just do your research on the internet and find the best deal based upon these two factors.

I am in Florida and I fly to Beijing, the only real option for me is Continential to Newerk and then to Beijing. I did this in May and the flight was not only ontime but a little early, the service was very good, and I will do it again in November.

Richard

i think Richard said it, it depends on from where out of the country you are flyying from.

i fly continental everytime i travel there.

mainly because of the miles we add up.

4 trips will pretty much pay for the 5th

plus continental flys over the north pole over russia and siberia saving about 2 full hours into beijing, unless your flying into hong kong....

Korean Air is superior. The skypass mileage plan is decent too. 18% mile for mile, or every 6th flight is free, however you want to look at it. Their AirBus fleet is great too. They will add 8 AirBus A380's to their the fleet when they become available, beginning in 2010. Who wouldn't want to fly in an A380 ? just to say they did :lol:

Wow - Donahso just jumped to Shanghai via Tokyo and GOT NO BEER at all on either leg. Man - that really sucks. I can't fly unless I get toasted during the flight....

OH well, at least it wasn't CZ leg on LAX to GUZ.

I have flown United for all my 4 trips to China but my next will be on JAL. I have heard so many great things about that airline from many people. Most importantly my mother flew JAL to come to China for our wedding. She said she has never had such great service before and the coach is almost business. Lots of room, personal tv in seat, at flight attendance want to help you and serve you , not like United were it seems you are killing them to ask for a glass of water, hello we are all in a plane for 15 hours! United kills me some times.

I've flown JAL when I went to Japan. It's exactly like your mother described. Awesome service, extremely courteous, personal TV, lots of leg room, great meals. Definitely recommend it. :)

- Joe

Edited by Tonoue (see edit history)