Good Airlines

Hi all,

I am getting ready to make reservations for my second trip over. This one will be for the wedding.

I have been doing so basic searching on the net for airfares and found some really good deals. The best deal is on an airline I do not know or even flown. So I thought I would start this thread so folks could place recommendations for the rest of us or tell us to run screaming like a little girl away from that airline!

I will try and figure out how to put in a voting portion to this thread so we can list all airlines and folks can rate the good and the bad. If I can not I will ask help of the mods to see if they can set it up.

So besides the basic US based carriers that I know who should I add to the list?

All of you,

email me when you need flight tickets, hotels, cars rentals, etc. next time. I will do my best to get you going and for the cheap. I know how it is to fly to asia since my fiance is over there too. I own a travel agency and will help all of you out.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my trips over to China I have used China Air / AA ( which I thought sucked ). Have had very good service with Korean Air, plus they had a direct flight from DFW to Seoul, and a connecting flight to Shenyang where my family then picked me up for the drive to Fushun. :smartass:

My first trip in 2004 I flew United out of Austin to San Francisco to Beijing and back to San Francisco- Denver- San Antonio.. The plane and food was ok, the movies was ok, and the beer was free.

Whenever we go to China Ying calls a Chinese travel agency in Houston and always seems to score cheap tickets.

Ying and I flew from San Antonio- Newark - Beijing and back on Continental on October, 2006 on Continental. Going between Newark to Beijing the plane left on time and wasn't filled so we had enough empty seats that Ying could lie down. The food was ok but if you wanted a drink you had to pay for it. I came back about two weeks before Ying but was delayed out of Beijing so I missed my connections to San Antonio. Continental did put me up in a hotel and issued me some meal tickets. When Ying came back she too missed her connectins and was put up in a hotel.

Our third trip was in April, 2008 from San Antonio to Los Angeles on United and from Los Angeles to Seoul to Yanji, China on Asiana. Our return trips was that same route and the planes were on time. Asiana was a very good airline. The food was good, the movies was good, were were able to go straight to her home city and avoid the zoo in Beijing and the beer and wine was free and available with and between meals.

On the trip back from Seoul to LAX Asiana provided a package with some socks, a mask a tooth brush and toothpaste.

United was good, but what was free in 2004 might cost us now.

Continental was ok, but I was not all that impressed.

Asiana was a very good airline and had good service and took us where we wanted to go and back on time.

Edited by Carl (see edit history)

The first two times I flew Delta, China Southern the second time my flight was late from ChongQing to GZ, and I couldn't make the connection to L.A. They put me up in a motel across from the airport for 3 days and took care of my meals also, not bad, third time was A.A. and China Eastern as I liked this better not having to stay up for 23 hours before going to sleep. Last time it was Jet Blue and Continental, better conection yet, except I had to buy my own beer, were as the Chinese airlines had free beer, in China , China Air was good along with China Southern, the food was good :licklips: