Good Airlines

Hi all,

I am getting ready to make reservations for my second trip over. This one will be for the wedding.

I have been doing so basic searching on the net for airfares and found some really good deals. The best deal is on an airline I do not know or even flown. So I thought I would start this thread so folks could place recommendations for the rest of us or tell us to run screaming like a little girl away from that airline!

I will try and figure out how to put in a voting portion to this thread so we can list all airlines and folks can rate the good and the bad. If I can not I will ask help of the mods to see if they can set it up.

So besides the basic US based carriers that I know who should I add to the list?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United has always been good to me.

Not impressed with Delta now merged with NWA

Hi all,

So besides the basic US based carriers that I know who should I add to the list?

This is a thread that has been debated before, and I would say the best airline depends on where in the US you are flying from and where in China you want to go. So there is no one single answer here. Just do your research on the internet and find the best deal based upon these two factors.

I am in Florida and I fly to Beijing, the only real option for me is Continential to Newerk and then to Beijing. I did this in May and the flight was not only ontime but a little early, the service was very good, and I will do it again in November.

Richard

My wife flew on Asiana when she came to the states. I chose it because it was the best rate I could get on short notice to a POE I could drive to and pick her up. She had no problems and the flight was on time. NWA has some nice fairly new planes. My first trip I flew South China Airlines. The service was great and the planes nice too. I've flown Delta to Japan twice. The service was good on both trips.

Any Asian airline that I've flown on (and that's several) has been much better than any American airline on a comparable flight.

The absolute best I've flown is Cathay Pacific. Economy class is superior.

I once flew Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong to LAX business class: OMG excellent service (I had a stewardess who's only job was me, amazing amount of pampering), incredible food, an absolutely plush 8 way adjustable fully reclining electric seat (and my stewardess fluffing my pillow and tucking me in every time I moved). I really, REALLY, didn't want to get off the plane!!!

Ditto what Richard says. Have flown Cathay more times than I can begin to remember (all classes). They would always be my first choice if available.

On the other hand, if you're near Seattle, maybe try Hainan - based on this article:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/busi...6_hainan10.html

In the above article, Hainan's chief made the following quote... which resulted in a few good laughs up here in the NW.

"Hainan is Singapore Air and Lufthansa in China," he said, breaking into English, "and not American, United and Northwest." The flight attendants on Hainan would be "very young, very beautiful and very nice smell," he added.

Hi Maxal. I don't know where YOU are, or where yer LASS is, but - I like continental (CO) and China Southern (CZ).

Just stay WELL clear of Delta. United is pretty good

Please elaborate!

I will let his very first thread topic on CFL speak for it's self: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=433604 Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Has anyone ever flown Asiana Airlines?

What do you know about this carrier?

Any information would be helpful!!!

My first three trips were with NW, but my last time back I just wanted a cheap one-way home. It was still summer, but my fiancee found a great deal for $4300 HKD. It was ASIANA from Hong Kong thru Seoul to Chicago. It was great! The food, seats, and movies were much better than NW.