Good Airlines

I've flown Lufthansa before (via Frankfurt), along with United (who lost my luggage in Chicago for 1 week), Continental (2 times, via Hong Kong), and Northwest. Lufthansa was a business class flight, but they are very limiting on weight (30 kilos, exactly or face a penalty, even with business class). United was ok, as they have an Economy Plus--- but they lost my luggage after clearing customs... Humh... Northwest was actually very nice via Tokyo. Continental has been ok for me too. I guess though, I'm just looking for the cheapest flight, and really wouldn't prefer one over the other.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have flown United for all my 4 trips to China but my next will be on JAL. I have heard so many great things about that airline from many people. Most importantly my mother flew JAL to come to China for our wedding. She said she has never had such great service before and the coach is almost business. Lots of room, personal tv in seat, at flight attendance want to help you and serve you , not like United were it seems you are killing them to ask for a glass of water, hello we are all in a plane for 15 hours! United kills me some times.

I have flown Asiana several times over the last few years around Asia (taiwan to Korea, korea to china, Japan to Korea). They have been helpful and nice. They always got me an aisle seat and often in the exit row.

Guest WenDylan

Why don't airlines have refrigerators?

Most do... but in aero-geek speak they are called galley chillers.

You mean dry ice compartments. I don't consider the a refrigerator... because when we land, it isn't cold anymore.

Why don't airlines have refrigerators?

Most do... but in aero-geek speak they are called galley chillers.

You mean dry ice compartments. I don't consider the a refrigerator... because when we land, it isn't cold anymore.

No... I mean actively cooled "galley chillers". They consume quite alot of power. For this reason, many domestic airlines are removing them since they don't serve much in the way of meals anymore. But most all long haul flights still have actively cooled chillers (aka refrigerators).

Guest WenDylan

None of the long haul flights I've been on have refrigerators... and the flight attendants told me they are very hard to find...

I carry cold medication that can last 24 hours, but on a 30-40 hour travel, it becomes a task to try to carry such a burden...

Just stay WELL clear of Delta. United is pretty good

Please elaborate!

I would LOVE to, let me take you on a ride...

Delta Hell:

Ok I had purchased air tickets with Delta from Pensacola, FL to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Washington DC. Then Washington DC to Beijing China on a United flight.

Well the flight from Pensacola to Atlanta went with out a hitch, but while taxing out on the Delta flight to Washington DC the plane had some sort of electrical display problem in the cockpit. An hour and a half later we were repaired with out deplaning and on our way. The problem is now we will land 10 minutes after my connecting flight to Beijing was in the air.

I rushed to Delta were I was initially treated ok. I was scheduled on the same flight 24 hours later. The guy behind the desk called for a hotel only to come up empty. He handed me 2 seven dollar food coupons for the airport and said sorry.

So now I am stranded for 24 hours in DC with no hotel and two meal tickets if combined could get me a basic meal in the airport. My Step dad and I called Delta customer service where we were both told to hang tight they would take care of the hotel thing. I called 40 minutes later only to find out the lady that said hold tight promptly upon hanging up with me went home. I went back to the ticket counter and asked to see the supervisor, this is when the guy became rather rude with me despite my pleasant and non provoking demeanor. The supervisor came out very defensive but I won her over and she did try and call several hotels but came up empty. She said on the sly there were rooms available but United had no contract with them and would not pay for them. All the rooms available for situations like mine were available to all the airlines, not just Delta and filled up quickly. So basically Delta screwed up, screwed me and I spent the night in the airport walking away from some mental case from Morocco.

Finally I asked a police officer to get this nut job away from me. Nothing like a 6' 2" 225 pound man with bad knees and a bad back trying to sleep in an upright position on a rock hard airport baggage claim chair. NEVER will I fly Delta again, talk about a ghetto airline totally unresponsive to there customers needs.

I have flown Asiana several times over the last few years around Asia (taiwan to Korea, korea to china, Japan to Korea). They have been helpful and nice. They always got me an aisle seat and often in the exit row.

And some of the HOTS Flight Attendants :lol:

None of the long haul flights I've been on have refrigerators... and the flight attendants told me they are very hard to find...

I carry cold medication that can last 24 hours, but on a 30-40 hour travel, it becomes a task to try to carry such a burden...

Daviation is right, most of the long hauls planes do have frigs.

Carry a small plastic cooler and ask for ice if all else fails.

Guest WenDylan

I got the left over melting dry ice, because I was told no refrigerators. Maybe I am just not first class, and so I am not important.

I got the left over melting dry ice, because I was told no refrigerators. Maybe I am just not first class, and so I am not important.

Be careful , dry ice will freeze your meds. Wet ice is better.

Any airline that gets you there safe and sound is good in my book. B)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/shadeogray/spank.gif

Not in mine, I want coffee food and a bed if they delay me.

Sounds like you need to "cowboy up" and take yur whoopin' like a main! (not mispelled) :ph34r: :lol: