She Passed!

She Passed! Praise be to God!

She said that her interview was extremely quick, about two minutes long. She didn't even have the chance to open her backpack filled with evidence.

The interviewer conducted the whole interview in Chinese, but since my wife is fluent in English, she responded completely in English. She said it was funny scene to have an American speaking Chinese to a Chinese speaking English.

She first handed them both of our passports, and they asked if I was there. She said no, and that I sent it to her. She said I was there a month before, and then mailed it right after.

Next, the interviewer asked where we met, and when we were married. The interviewer then asked if she met my parents, and then asked for pictures. They talked about the wedding a bit, and then my wife asked if she wanted to see other pictures of our relationship, and the interviewer said no.

After that, interview approved.

She Passed! Praise be to God!

She said that her interview was extremely quick, about two minutes long. She didn't even have the chance to open her backpack filled with evidence.

The interviewer conducted the whole interview in Chinese, but since my wife is fluent in English, she responded completely in English. She said it was funny scene to have an American speaking Chinese to a Chinese speaking English.

She first handed them both of our passports, and they asked if I was there. She said no, and that I sent it to her. She said I was there a month before, and then mailed it right after.

Next, the interviewer asked where we met, and when we were married. The interviewer then asked if she met my parents, and then asked for pictures. They talked about the wedding a bit, and then my wife asked if she wanted to see other pictures of our relationship, and the interviewer said no.

After that, interview approved.

We are happy and wish you all the best. Congratulations

Edited by harvestgal (see edit history)

Congratulations! I just got back from GZ, where we passed too on Dec.13th! Our interview was in Chinese too, since my SO could speak very little English. The VO only asked to see our passports, then he asked when we first met, and finally where am I residing currently (US or China). He spent most of the time looking over my I-864 documents and did not ask to see any photos. The interview lasted about 5 minutes, with the VO mostly stamping and labeling documents and looking at the computer. We spent months and months preparing paperwork for the interview, none of which was actually viewed by the VO besides the I-864 stuff. But who cares, we passed! A big thank you to David and Pushbrk and all of the CFLers' who have been so helpful to us in our ordeal! :P

Congratulations!! We are very happy for you and wish you the best of luck in your new life together!!