We have an interview date!

I called the DOS this morning to see where our case was in the name check if possible. I was shocked to be told that we have an interview date finally! :D It's October, 30th, at 7:15 a.m. and they said that the P4 packet was mailed from GZ last Friday, the 25th. I had not counted on things happening so quickly and had begun to plan a short trip to see my wife during the National Day holiday. I'm so glad I called today, I was going to book a flight this week! We were told our packet had finally been logged in at GZ as late as 8-14-06, three months after I received the letter from the NVC that our case had been sent to Guangzhou. This is much faster than I had expected to get our interview, and much sooner than most of the people who responded to my question about when we might expect to get our interiview had suggested. Thanks to all of the kind folks who have responded to my questions, and for all those who have shared their experience and advice. Finding this community of helpful people sharing the same goals and aspirations has been a life saver. I will undoubtedly be pestering you all with questions as we prepare for our interview. If anyone has suggestions on posts to review, steps to take in preparation, or any other advice on how to ensure a pink slip at the interview I would be extremely grateful. Thanks for allowing me to share my great news! :D

Yeah, pretty darn good news I'd say!

Well, anyway, congratulations and you might start thinking about cleaning house before she comes ........ just a thought, man.

Wheel Man

I called the DOS this morning to see where our case was in the name check if possible. I was shocked to be told that we have an interview date finally! :D It's October, 30th, at 7:15 a.m. and they said that the P4 packet was mailed from GZ last Friday, the 25th. I had not counted on things happening so quickly and had begun to plan a short trip to see my wife during the National Day holiday. I'm so glad I called today, I was going to book a flight this week! We were told our packet had finally been logged in at GZ as late as 8-14-06, three months after I received the letter from the NVC that our case had been sent to Guangzhou. This is much faster than I had expected to get our interview, and much sooner than most of the people who responded to my question about when we might expect to get our interiview had suggested. Thanks to all of the kind folks who have responded to my questions, and for all those who have shared their experience and advice. Finding this community of helpful people sharing the same goals and aspirations has been a life saver. I will undoubtedly be pestering you all with questions as we prepare for our interview. If anyone has suggestions on posts to review, steps to take in preparation, or any other advice on how to ensure a pink slip at the interview I would be extremely grateful. Thanks for allowing me to share my great news! :D

By the way, are you from Hu Nan province?

lao gong is Chinese mandarin. nao gong sounds like Hu Nan dialect to me.

Thanks for the congratulations and best wishes! :cheering: In answer to the question of whether I'm going to the interview LeeFisher, yes I've always planned to be there with her. I'm planning on flying from San Francisco to Beijing on United, then will fly Air China to Chengdu arriving on Oct. 14th. I have a $244 credit from my last trip, and am trying to build up the miles so that we'll be able to get a free flight when we visit her family. We'll stay in Chengdu and prepare for the interview, then fly to Guangzhou where we have reservation's at Mr. Yang's from the 25th until we get the visa (I'm being an optomist!). Then back to Chengdu to gather Ke's things, celebrate with her family and friends, and won't leave until after her birthday on Nov. 10th. Smiling Asia, my wife calls me naogong, she says that naogong is what Chengdu people call their husband. I call her naopo, which she says is Chengdu localese for wife. I'm from Oregon state but have lived in Berkeley, California for the last 25 years and work at the University of California, Berkeley. As to your suggestion that I start cleaning the house Paul, your point is well taken, my mother has advised me to get cracking on that too, since she knows my house keeping skills leave much to be desired, and my dear wife is an absolute clean freak! :cheering:

I called the DOS this morning to see where our case was in the name check if possible. I was shocked to be told that we have an interview date finally! :roller: It's October, 30th, at 7:15 a.m. and they said that the P4 packet was mailed from GZ last Friday, the 25th. I had not counted on things happening so quickly and had begun to plan a short trip to see my wife during the National Day holiday. I'm so glad I called today, I was going to book a flight this week! We were told our packet had finally been logged in at GZ as late as 8-14-06, three months after I received the letter from the NVC that our case had been sent to Guangzhou. This is much faster than I had expected to get our interview, and much sooner than most of the people who responded to my question about when we might expect to get our interiview had suggested. Thanks to all of the kind folks who have responded to my questions, and for all those who have shared their experience and advice. Finding this community of helpful people sharing the same goals and aspirations has been a life saver. I will undoubtedly be pestering you all with questions as we prepare for our interview. If anyone has suggestions on posts to review, steps to take in preparation, or any other advice on how to ensure a pink slip at the interview I would be extremely grateful. Thanks for allowing me to share my great news! :D

Congratulations & good luck at the Interview!! I'm sure everything will go smoothly for you!