where's the outrage?

chinadave2001

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised when I logged on today to see this this two year old thread had been revived....

The Cycle of life Dave, it is cruel at times and beautiful at other times.

While, I'm sorry it has been revived and someone is having problems now, I'm also happy not too many have been popping up lately.

emm, i think if that happened, guys really need to calm down and think about why. as most of them maybe just want to marry a much younger chinese women with different culture background. properly have that daydream chinese women are quite tamely and quiet and will say yes to whatever the husbands say. and most of those guys just get married quite soon without knowing each other too well. so it is reasonable what happens next. and once you start seeking that kind of asian fantasy, you must prepare to taking the risk. what is your personality, what that your wife wants from you, does she love you as a real person or just a green card permition. and all i want to say is it is the fault from both the husband and wife, as from the very begining, this marriage is set on a werid situation which is not healthy for a real exellent couple life.

Looks like it was a visit from another place

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I was surprised when I logged on today to see this this two year old thread had been revived....

Me too. :greenblob:

Yeah. Who dug it up and for why? :greenblob:

I, for one, am very glad Frank dug it up again. I spent the last two hours reading all 140+ posts. Very interesting. Honestly, I sincerely hope Don would PIN this thread so every new member has a chance to read this thread. There are plenty of comments on both sides of the spectrum that a new member should be thinking through and be exposed to.

This is a great thread. I appreciate reading everyone's thoughts.

I can't help but think of Jeikun's haunting but profound words:

I think what squeaky is going through is terrible. It's what all of us fear most, whether we think it is likely to happen to us or not. The sad fact is that some of our members reading right now who are engaged, in love, and blissfully happy, will be in the exact same position in a year, and none of them right now could conceive of the notion. I feel bad for even saying it, but it is an inevitability. Some of us will get burned, bad.

Such profound words. For all the people who like to post (almost brag) about how great and wonderful their current SO's are today, it may be that same person next year writing about how their "loyal" and "devout" SO/wife suddenly cheated on them and how it has all been a "scam" from the beginning.

Me too. :)

Yeah. Who dug it up and for why? :sosad:

I, for one, am very glad Frank dug it up again. I spent the last two hours reading all 140+ posts. Very interesting. Honestly, I sincerely hope Don would PIN this thread so every new member has a chance to read this thread. There are plenty of comments on both sides of the spectrum that a new member should be thinking through and be exposed to.

I think what squeaky is going through is terrible. It's what all of us fear most, whether we think it is likely to happen to us or not. The sad fact is that some of our members reading right now who are engaged, in love, and blissfully happy, will be in the exact same position in a year, and none of them right now could conceive of the notion. I feel bad for even saying it, but it is an inevitability. Some of us will get burned, bad.

Such profound words. For all the people who like to post (almost brag) about how great and wonderful their current SO's are today, it may be that same person next year writing about how their "loyal" and "devout" SO/wife suddenly cheated on them and how it has all been a "scam" from the beginning.

You're right, Lance. No need to live in complete, deluded fantasy. A reality check is always needed. But dern, is the mail order bride really that big a mine field that one must tip toe so greatly through it? It seems to me that USCIS' own stats show these marriages have a higher than normal rate of success.

And, to quote Bill, IZUS, It is better to regret something you attempted than to regret having never tried.

Now having said all THAT, yes, I too shake my head when I read a post how someone's SO is the greatest woman in the world...their soulmate and the one who completes them, while still waiting for their P3 and having only spent one or two weeks together. :Dah:

A word of caution can't hurt, especially if it can pull them out of the clouds long enough to really look again if needed. Cause it does seem that those who seek the hardest and yearn the most tend to be the most vulnerable and more apt to get burnt.

ok... pinned for it's enduring worth and contemporary cord it strikes.. I suspect the note will soon be forgotten and so will the pin... but let's express our opinion...

Perhaps instead of pinning it you could move it to notable posts.

ok... pinned for it's enduring worth and contemporary cord it strikes.. I suspect the note will soon be forgotten and so will the pin... but let's express our opinion...

true.. but I felt you were the 'owner' of that... but now I understand your openess to it :cheering:

true.. but I felt you were the 'owner' of that... but now I understand your openess to it :cheering:

I think notable posts section would be ideal. :cheering:

Me too. :cheering:

Yeah. Who dug it up and for why? :cheering:

Irony is an ironclad bitch.