Pink Received

My wife had her interview on 1/7/10 and passed!!! I will be returning to China later this month and she will return with me in May. We purchased a house in Jiangmen, so still plan to spend as much time in China as possible. I want to thank everyone that provided Q&As! I know it helped my wife to know the types of questions she would be asked.

The only sticking point was fact that she had worked in Cambodia for one year. They had many questions about that because we could not get a police report from there without her returning in person. It also appeared that the process there took weeks and she would have to return to get the report.

She said the interview was with a heavy set white lady who was very friendly and nice. She said the lady did not speak Chinese, so when my wife did not understand a question she would ask another lady to interpret. Although my wife's English is not very good, she was able to answer the standard questions in English thanks to the help we received at this site.

The questions other than Cambodian-related were:

Do you speak English?

ans: I speak some English but have trouble understanding when other people speak English.

How did you meet your husband?

ans: On the internet at aff.

When did you meet your husband?

ans: July 2006

How do you communicate?

ans: My husband speaks Chinese, she gave copy of my diploma from the Defense Language Institute, WC. The interview looked at diploma.

Where is your husband now?

ans: in the USA

What is his address:

ans: she gave address

When was your husband most recently in China?

ans: He left in December, he has been here 7 times. My wife also gave her a summary of the dates of my trips and a copy of my passport. The interviewer looked at these items.

Interviewer then asked for photos, she did not want to see the book of marriage photos; only photos from our trips. We had photos of trips with our nieces, so she asked "who are these girls?".

Then she returned the photos and gave my wife the pink slip. My wife asked, "do you mean I can go to the US to be with my husband?" The lady said yes, and my wife said "thank you" and left.

My wife said there were six interviewers, 4 white and 2 black. My wife's friend waited outside and talked to some people as they left. She said many of the people that did not pass had been interviewed by the the black man and woman interviewers. Don't know the reason for that, perhaps they just got more "questionable" cases?

Thanks, again to all of the posters, and good luck to all that are in still in the process!

Denny & Yan

My wife had her interview on 1/7/10 and passed!!! I will be returning to China later this month and she will return with me in May. We purchased a house in Jiangmen, so still plan to spend as much time in China as possible. I want to thank everyone that provided Q&As! I know it helped my wife to know the types of questions she would be asked.

The only sticking point was fact that she had worked in Cambodia for one year. They had many questions about that because we could not get a police report from there without her returning in person. It also appeared that the process there took weeks and she would have to return to get the report.

She said the interview was with a heavy set white lady who was very friendly and nice. She said the lady did not speak Chinese, so when my wife did not understand a question she would ask another lady to interpret. Although my wife's English is not very good, she was able to answer the standard questions in English thanks to the help we received at this site.

The questions other than Cambodian-related were:

Do you speak English?

ans: I speak some English but have trouble understanding when other people speak English.

How did you meet your husband?

ans: On the internet at aff.

When did you meet your husband?

ans: July 2006

How do you communicate?

ans: My husband speaks Chinese, she gave copy of my diploma from the Defense Language Institute, WC. The interview looked at diploma.

Where is your husband now?

ans: in the USA

What is his address:

ans: she gave address

When was your husband most recently in China?

ans: He left in December, he has been here 7 times. My wife also gave her a summary of the dates of my trips and a copy of my passport. The interviewer looked at these items.

Interviewer then asked for photos, she did not want to see the book of marriage photos; only photos from our trips. We had photos of trips with our nieces, so she asked "who are these girls?".

Then she returned the photos and gave my wife the pink slip. My wife asked, "do you mean I can go to the US to be with my husband?" The lady said yes, and my wife said "thank you" and left.

My wife said there were six interviewers, 4 white and 2 black. My wife's friend waited outside and talked to some people as they left. She said many of the people that did not pass had been interviewed by the the black man and woman interviewers. Don't know the reason for that, perhaps they just got more "questionable" cases?

Thanks, again to all of the posters, and good luck to all that are in still in the process!

Denny & Yan

CONGRATS