what's the difference?

They did not match the drapes... but I think the point was , it really doesn't  matter to them the way it does in the US...

Ahem, David-- Not quite.

USA. Un-natural blondes. Natural color elsewhere. Get it? B)

My point being, that based on my experience with my wife, and other women I deal with in China, aside from the obvious (language, hair color) there is about as much difference between them and women in the USA as there is difference between women from The Bronx and Irvine-- that is, not much.

As I have written before, if you go to China looking for some exotic Eastern bride, you are likely to find exactly what you deserve.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did not match the drapes... but I think the point was , it really doesn't  matter to them the way it does in the US...

Ahem, David-- Not quite.

USA. Un-natural blondes. Natural color elsewhere. Get it? B)

My point being, that based on my experience with my wife, and other women I deal with in China, aside from the obvious (language, hair color) there is about as much difference between them and women in the USA as there is difference between women from The Bronx and Irvine-- that is, not much.

As I have written before, if you go to China looking for some exotic Eastern bride, you are likely to find exactly what you deserve.

I agree.. but I also observe a pragmatism that often takes precendent over 'matching colors'... if the drape blocks the sun, it serves a function.

But this can also be driven partly by low wages to buy that matching set and to be happy with what one has...

Hate to burst your bubbles guys but in Bejing, Shanghai and in the rural cities. I saw many women witht red tints, a few blondes and even a few young men with blond hair.

The Times They Are A-Changin

Bob Dylan

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen

Please heed the call

Don't stand in the doorway

Don't block up the hall

For he that gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside

And it is ragin'.

It'll soon shake your windows

And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn

The curse it is cast

The slow one now

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

I'm still trying to find a woman in this city who has not chemically treated her hair.....

Uhh Ohh, :huh: Jennifer is studying hair dressing now. Sweetheart, I love your hair like it is, please don't go changin. :lol:

uhh ohh is right... :P

Jim, have her send you a pic when see changes styles and color so you'll recognize her next time.

I'm still trying to find a woman in this city who has not chemically treated her hair.....

Uhh Ohh, :P Jennifer is studying hair dressing now. Sweetheart, I love your hair like it is, please don't go changin. :lol:

uhh ohh is right... :P

Jim, have her send you a pic when see changes styles and color so you'll recognize her next time.

haha ! hate to approach the wrong person ! :huh:

I just want to add me 2 cents in, a little late, but i just read this thread. Since my wife and i are younger 26 and 24 than jsut about anyone else on here, and comes from a different background than many others i just want to add that these type of things make a huge difference on some ones outlook. She never dealt with crushing poverty that you all speak of. I've been living in China for the last 2 years, where i meet her and i know that her family is not normal. However I would like to put a word in here for the affluent chinese. Some of the things that i have noticed is a HUGE reliance on what school the man, or even person goes to. My wife has a tendancy to look down upon anyone that didnt go to a good, tier one school. While height is very important as other people have mentioned coming from a "good"family is equally important. From what i have seen chinese girls like to shop just as much as american women, this is also from having taught in university here for 2 years. I have found people here very judmental of the lower classes, i have found very little sympathy among the higher class for those that have less money. Education is more important as stated so many times by me to them than a western woman. I have found that Chinese women want there guys to do more for them than a western women would, want the guy to pay, where as when i was in college most women would not let a guy pay. Dunno this i very disorganized, but my 2 cents none the less

Ross

I think these are good points. I have a good female friend in china.. she always asks me to 'check out the man' who contacts her. And so we discussion many issues... one time she talked very negatively about a man's lack of education and I probed for some info. Anyway, I think this is also the feeling for woman in middle class (if such a thing exists in china).

I agree about the paying thing..

I just want to add me 2 cents in, a little late, but i just read this thread. Since my wife and i are younger 26 and 24 than jsut about anyone else on here, and comes from a different background than many others i just want to add that these type of things make a huge difference on some ones outlook. She never dealt with crushing poverty that you all speak of. I've been living in China for the last 2 years, where i meet her and i know that her family is not normal. However I would like to put a word in here for the affluent chinese. Some of the things that i have noticed is a HUGE reliance on what school the man, or even person goes to. My wife has a tendancy to look down upon anyone that didnt go to a good, tier one school. While height is very important as other people have mentioned coming from a "good"family is equally important. From what i have seen chinese girls like to shop just as much as american women, this is also from having taught in university here for 2 years. I have found people here very judmental of the lower classes, i have found very little sympathy among the higher class for those that have less money. Education is more important as stated so many times by me to them than a western woman. I have found that Chinese women want there guys to do more for them than a western women would, want the guy to pay, where as when i was in college most women would not let a guy pay. Dunno this i very disorganized, but my 2 cents none the less

Ross

Very true. A lot of CFL members mentioned that their SOs are very frugal. This is only true if the SOs are older (40's +) and experience poverty. My wife is also young. In order to date, my wife's sister said that the Chinese men have to spend a lot of money. They will pay college tuition and all their clothes for their girlfriends. And most clothes are not cheap because Chinese girls like designer brands. Sometimes, the guy's family will help out with the cost.

The thing about the family helping, its always true, the family helps out a ton in China. My wife always says, why did i have to marry a poor american? kinda as a joke, but the thing is that my family and i are not poor, not even close really its just that americans dont share money in the family the same way that chiense people do. Ya and designer clothes i china for a chinese person are damn expensive.