Dr. Phil's show today 4/07

Dr. Phil's show today deals with a 69 y/o US man that married a 27 y/o Chinese woman, and the deep emotional and painful hurt it caused his family and his children he already fathered.

Here's a link that outlines the conversation, if you can not watch it.

Unethical Marriages

You can also go to DrPhil.com Message Board and read the messages which viewers are posting after watching this story about the pain his family is experiencing.

It gives the other side of the story, which rarely gets discussed here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My SO is 19 years younger and the first question my attorney asked me was what was our age difference. When I told her she said that was ok. So I assumed there was some number that would not be okay for getting a K-1 but 42 years seems like a big difference to me but if they are happy together who is to say.

I'll be 49 in June, Ying is will be 36 April 16th. That puts our age difference at 13 years. I however did not divorce my ex (there was 18 years difference between us) wife to marry her, but was single for nearly a year before we met.

But they say love is blind, so who can say.

I have not looked at this at all but may later. Jen and I have a 15 year difference in age and I was told by her cousin before we met, she was looking for someone atleast 10 years older. I had originally had some resistance from my mother about it on the onset of talking over the internet. I put it to rest by telling her that the difference in our age only should matter to two people, her and I. After seeing her picture and realising that my brother's wife,originally from India, is also over 10 years apart has become to love the fact of having such an international family and having two beautiful daughters in law. :D Now I think she is now very excited about having her her. Almost as much as me. :lol:

Wow...i don't have cable and don't watch tv. I had no idea Dr. phil would have so much traffic on his message boards. Pretty lousy of that guy to step out on his wife like that. Since the new wife doesn't think they did anything wrong , she probably won't think there is anything wrong with steppin out on Al. Poor ol' sucker!

Wow...i don't have cable and don't watch tv. I had no idea Dr. phil would have so much traffic on his message boards. Pretty lousy of that guy to step out on his wife like that. Since the new wife doesn't think they did anything wrong , she probably won't think there is anything wrong with steppin out on Al. Poor ol' sucker!

I disagree. I think that the man probably had been in a loveless marriage for a long time. He had thought about it a lot but had accepted his fate. He was getting older, had daughters, it seemed better not to rock the boat. And then by accident he met someone new. A woman who he felt something for that he had not felt for a long time. How could he stay with his wife ? There is nothing more important to some of us than love. He went for the brass ring and let the chips fall where they may. IMHO

I disagree. I think that the man probably had been in a loveless marriage for a long time. He had thought about it a lot but had accepted his fate. He was getting older, had daughters, it seemed better not to rock the boat. And then by accident he met someone new. A woman who he felt something for that he had not felt for a long time. How could he stay with his wife ? There is nothing more important to some of us than love. He went for the brass ring and let the chips fall where they may. IMHO

Which part do you disagree with? I never said anything about love. He could have gotten his divorce before taking on the affair. My point is that the younger wife seemed to feel there was nothing wrong in taking another woman's husband, so she will likely find no problem taking another man when the fancy strikes her. I don't condone adultery no matter the circumstances.

from what i read the only one complaining is the daughters, and they the ones saying there is problem in the marriage. I love how it so true when someone other than the people in relationship know how that relationship is going.

I heard from a friend sister, who heard from her mother who heard from a neighbors bother that they are unhappy.

Robert

all this going to do is cause the government to looking into thier relationship closer because a bunch of family member not like the relationship.

Which part do you disagree with? I never said anything about love. He could have gotten his divorce before taking on the affair. My point is that the younger wife seemed to feel there was nothing wrong in taking another woman's husband, so she will likely find no problem taking another man when the fancy strikes her. I don't condone adultery no matter the circumstances.

"Pretty lousy of that guy to step out on his wife like that." OK maybe we can fault his timing but if it's going to happen it's going to happen. I see no reason why anyone has to stay in a loveless marriage. I was in one and I got out and it took me a long time to do it. I just refuse to fault what happened.

I was in one of those loveless relationship, hmm make that she love to hate relationship. More likely he stay in the relationship for the children.

not going to judge why, not my business to know why they broke up, nor do I feel it my business to get into his marriage life.

I feel this is just a tip of things to come on anti imigration, and overseas brides or grooms. seem odd that there a lot of reports lately on the subject and most are negiative.

Robert

I feel this is just a tip of things to come on  anti imigration, and overseas brides or grooms. seem odd that there a lot of reports lately on the subject and most are negiative.

Robert

Nobody wants good news Robert...It doesn't sell like sensationalism. Everybody wants to see the dirt. Why I don't watch TV at all...movies are okay at least you can control what you see.

Someone brought up a while ago trying to get NPR to do a story on our visa cases and I thought but are they going to do the story we would like to see or will they also look for something more sensational... :D

I certainly staying in an abusive and loveless marraige for far longer than was necessary (even for my children). When I left, my ex was sure that I was having an affair. Too funny to believe. I joined a divorce support group at my church and much of it was man-bashing (mostly women in the groups). I don't condone adultery, but after listening to these "betrayed" spouses, it sure seemed like they shared some blame in the marital problems.