Letter and signature page

This is what we are sending. Anyone interested in signing please see the sample signature page. make one and send it to me @

C. Trigg Minnick

PO box 143

White house TN 37188

Then drop me a PM so I know that your page is coming.

Anyone who will be forwarding a copy to a senator or congressman etc, please note the cc on your signature page.

Thanks

Trigg

To: Maura Harty, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs

Subject:Guangzhou visa processing

Dear Ms. Harty:

We, are of writing to you as members of “A Candle For Love” (CFL), a growing online community of nearly 2,000 law abiding, taxpaying U.S. Citizens. We are joined by the common bond of a lengthy and unpredictable wait to receive immigrant visas for our wives, fiancee's and children. The purpose of this letter is to address a few of the current immigrant visa processing issues at the American Consulate in Guangzhou. These issues have caused what we feel are unnecessary hardships for us and our loved ones. We ask that you take a moment to read our honest and concise assessment of the current situation and that you consider possible solutions.

1) Wait Times for K1 & K3 Visas:

The wait time for the K-1 Fiance Visa and K3 Visa is among the longest in the world. Our members wait an average of 13-months without a good reason or understanding why it takes so long. We would deeply appreciate your help in investigating and helping us to understand this situation, especially in light of the fact that K visas processed in consulates in other countries are done significantly faster than those processed at Guangzhou.

China has the world’s largest population. Is it time that a country of this size and importance has more than one consulate to handle immigrate visas? Countries of lessor populations and immigrant demand have multiple consulates.

Some of our members have recently enjoyed hearing you speak in Beijing about the improvements in handling student and business visas from China, with over 180,000 student visas per year typically processed and issued in a matter of days or weeks. We are sure that you would consider the petitions of US citizens for their loved ones to be at least of equal priority as those from Chinese citizens.

2) Denials without appeal:

Many of our members are being denied visas for no apparent reason. They are denied and not allowed consultation with a member of the IV Unit to resolve these denials, or to know why they are being denied. Your help in resolving this communication deficit would be greatly appreciated.

3) White Slips changed to Blue Slips:

There are a growing number of cases where white acceptance slips are being given to the wife or fiancee of a U.S. Citizen immediately after the interview, only to receive a blue slip the following day, and the visa denied — without explanation or consultation. This is very confusing to those of us at CFL. We would like to give our support to your visa officers. However, this becomes increasingly difficult when they over rule themselves with no given reason. You can easily see how this reflects negatively on the consulate staff. Again these cases directly affect the lives and future of US Citizens and their loved ones.

These items are simply a few occurrences we wish to bring to your attention at this time.

As the US consulate in China is considered US soil, we ask that everyone who enters is treated with the basic human rights of dignity, respect, and non-discrimination that is fundamental to our way of life. We ask for no special treatment, rather, the same consideration, care and service that anyone requesting a visa in China would and should expect.

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to read our concerns. If there is anything that we can do to assist you in your monumental task, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Respectfully,

The Members of CFL.

Sample signature letter:

This is in regards to above letter, I C. Trigg Minnick affix my signature and endorsement.

Dear Ms Harty:

I am presently finished with the visa process and have procured a Visa for my then fiancee through the consulate in Guangzhou China. My interests are in assisting you in any way possible in order to bring parity and thoroughness to the spouses and fiancee's of my fellow US citizens.

If there is anything that I may do to help you or if you have any questions concerning this matter please feel free to contact me at ------

Sincerely,

C. Trigg Minnick Ph. D., N.C.S.P.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigg

Please add CR1 to this list. I will be adding our CFL time line to my sig page as an example of this long process. I'm not sure how others have fared with this process, hopefully trheirs was quicker and less bumpy.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth...

P.S. Yes!!! how IS the TIME for Spell Checking!! heheh I's knows i's idiot.. but's yu's has ta guessed dat..

K Mark. i didn't spill check the litter cuz I kan spell gooder 'n most.

Y,us a real right smart feller en I's trus yuy's at a boy!

Thank ping me for these links from page 5

if you need to find the address of your senators, here is one link that i think they can be found:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

most of them i think by now have their own websites where you can get their address and send email.

this site seemed to have both senators and representatives addresses for each state.

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Trigg just say the word when you have mailed out the hard copy as I am stating in my sig letter that I am Carbon Copying my reps and will send out these emails a few days after you mail out the letter.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

Way to take charge Trigg.

Some notes:

-The wait time for the K-1 Fiance (fiancée) Visa and K3 Visa is among the longest in the world. It is the lomgest Period

-done significantly faster than those processed at Guangzhou. (4 months tops) Less than 1/3 of the time.

-immigrate visas? needs an"n"

-Countries of lessor . (Lesser)

-Visa for my then fiancee (fiancée)

Looks good. I'll mail mine today. I'll copy the sentator and congressman. Need to find out who they are . Should I cc: Arnold also? :D

We'll leave these pinned until a week or so after the letter goes out to gain as much exposure as possible.

This whole thing has evolved quite fast and I'm a bit surprised at the quality of the letter. Those who have been active on this should be proud.

Thanks for pinning this Don. We had several members contribute to this-lots of new guys with visions. How 'bout a signature letter form you????

We'll leave these pinned until a week or so after the letter goes out to gain as much exposure as possible.

This whole thing has evolved quite fast and I'm a bit surprised at the quality of the letter. Those who have been active on this should be proud.

Thanks for pinning this Don. We had several members contribute to this-lots of new guys with visions. How 'bout a signature letter form you????

I may just do that, Trigg. Wonder if Maura remembers me? Probably not, but I imagine a few of her staff would.

Don, it would be great if you send me a sig page. Without doubt you are the most respected member of CFL and a commitment from you would certainly inspire several more CFLers to send their sig letter. I'd love to mail ths thing out with 50 or more signature letters included.

Trigg