Letter and signature page

I think now that the group letter has been sent a copy of that and your sig page should now be sent to your congressman and your senators..

Kind of a 3 for one and a nice set up of cross checking.

Also a better chance of hitting that person or persons who will take this issue under their wing and run with it.

Don't stop when it is only half way done!!

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the letter I am emailling to both senators and my congressman... hmmm now if I could just find that post of the links..

Ok I googled this...

http://www.house.gov/writerep/ congressmen

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

Senator

Dear ????

Enclosed is a copy of a letter sent recently to Ms Harty by U.S. Post along with the signature pages of members.

I am directing this to you so that you will be aware of and may be of service to her and in any up coming legislation. or should you wish to sponsor legislation. The members of Candle For Love represent a broad segment of society and are generous in their help and support, please feel free to contact myself or the Moderators at www.candleforlove.com if we can be of assistance to you.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely;

Mark J Sullivan

Binong Xu

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Ms. Harty:

We are writing to you as members of “Candle For Love” a growing online community of nearly 2,000 law abiding, taxpaying U.S. Citizens. We are joined together by the common bond of a lengthy and unpredictable wait to receive immigrant visas for our spouses, fiancé(e)s and children. The purpose of this letter is to address a few of the current immigrant visa processing issues at the American Consulate in Guangzhou. These issues have caused, what we feel are unnecessary hardships for our loved ones and us. We ask that you take a moment to read our honest and concise assessment of the current situation and of some problems that exist. We ask that you consider possible solutions.

1) Wait Times for K1 & K3 Visas:

The wait time for the K-1 Fiancé(e) visa and K3 Spouse visa, being processed at the U.S. consulate in Guangzhou, is the longest in the world. Our members wait an average of 13-months without a good reason or an understanding as to why it takes so long. We would deeply appreciate your help in investigating, why this particular consulate has such long delays. Perhaps you can better help us to understand this situation, especially when considering K type visas processed in most U.S. consulates around the world are completed significantly faster than those processed at the U.S. consulate in Guangzhou.

China has the world’s largest population. Isn’t it time that a country of this size and importance has more than one consulate to handle immigrant visas? There are countries of smaller populations and less immigrant demand, which utilize multiple U.S. consulates for this purpose.

Recently, some of our members have had the pleasure of hearing you speak in Beijing about the improvements in handling student and business visas from China. Typically, over 180,000 student visas per year are processed and issued in a matter of days or weeks. We are sure that you would consider the petitions of U.S. citizens for their loved ones, to be at least of equal priority as those from Chinese citizens.

2) Denials without appeal:

In our opinion, many of our member’s spouses and fiancé(e)s are being denied visas for no apparent reason. After the denial, the U.S. citizen is not permitted an opportunity to consult with a member of the IV Unit to help resolve the issues related to the denials. The specific reason for the denial is often unstated and unknown. Your help in resolving this communication deficit would be greatly appreciated.

3) White Slips changed to Blue Slips:

There are a growing number of cases where white acceptance slips are being given to the wife or fiancé(e) of a U.S. Citizen upon completion of the interview. When they return the next day to pick up their visa, they instead receive a blue rejection slip and no visa. This is done without explanation or consultation. This is very confusing to all of us in the “Candle For Love” online visa community. We would like to give our support to your visa officers. This becomes increasingly difficult however, when they overrule themselves with no apparent or stated reason. In our opinion, this reflects negatively on the consulate staff. Again these cases directly affect the lives and futures of US Citizens and their loved ones.

The above listed items are simply a few of the issues we wish to bring to your attention at this time.

We ask for no special treatment. We ask only for the same and equal consideration, care and service, that anyone requesting a visa in China would and should expect. As the U.S. consulate in China is considered to be U.S. soil, we ask that everyone who enters be treated with the basic human rights of dignity, respect, and non-discrimination that is fundamental to our way of life.

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to read about our concerns. Collectively, our members have a wealth of information about the family visa process and how it interfaces with the U.S. consulate at Guangzhou. If there is anything that we can do to assist you in your monumental task, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Respectfully,

The Members of “Candle For Love.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is in regards to above letter, We, Mark Joseph Sullivan and Binong Xu affix our signature and endorsement.

Dear Ms Harty:

I am presently finished with the CR1 visa process and have procured a Visa for my wife through the consulate in Guangzhou China. I have enclosed below a copy of my Signature File on CFL which will give you an idea of the time frame and course my wife’s CR1 visa took. I would also like to add that her interview date was expedited with the help of Attorney William Powers, who works for Congressman Richard E. Neal of Springfield, MA.

My interests are in assisting you in any way possible in order to bring parody and thoroughness to the spouses and fiancée’s of my fellow US citizens.

If there is anything that I may do to help you or if you have any questions concerning this matter please feel free to contact me at:

mark@markjosephsullivanphotography.com

xubinong@markjosepsullivanphotography.com

Binong Xu

Mark J Sullivan

xxxxxxxx

Currently residing:

xxxxxx

Sincerely,

Mark J Sullivan

Binong Xu

P.S. I have emailed a copy of this letter to my Senators:

Kennedy, Edward

Kerry, John

And my Congressman:

Richard E. Neal

Binong (home town Huibong, residence Shenzhen, China) Mark (Springfield, Ma)

---------- I-130 CR-1 ----------

11/02/2002 Returned to Shenzhen, China

12/12/2002 Married in Huizhou, China

12/17/2002 Filed I-130 Vermont fee check returned

01/21/2003 received notice of bounced check.

02/02/2003 I-130 accepted at VSC

03/05/2003 Feb. /march notice mailed, right to our building. Mailman return as didn't know address.

04/17/2003 Request for certified/notorial copies (notation remailed china April/2003)

07/09/2003 NVC approval notice receive, previous one returned from China. (This doc has Jan 3/2002 as receipt date of I-130 I assume)

June 14/2003 Choice of agent form received

June 14/2003 Affidavit of support fee bill

July 19/2003 DS-3032 received

08/25/2003 Received AOS fee and enclosed I-864

Some where in here the DS 230 fee was sent and check was never received.

10/20/2003 second DS-230 Fee bill received and check sent.

10/20/2003 letter requesting new Affidavit of support as I was a member of the co-sponsors household.

02/14/2004 Bea is pregnant..:D

04/04/2004 Letter from NVC case completed and sent to Guangzhou.

05/10/2004 roughly cleared GZ clearance delay

05/14/2004 emailed and few days later faxed expedited visa pregnancy

05/18/2004 GZ requested second name check. (I didn't know until called DOS)

06/03/2004 emailed senators

06/13/2004 called senator, they did not know of email, will check, email me.

06/18/2004 Called DOS, (First I heard of this) second name check requested.

07/17/2004 received P4 and interview scheduled

08/04/2004 interview date in at 8 am out at 12 noon.. Passed!

08/05/2004 Picked up Visa and brown thick envelope 4:00 PM.. WOOOOHOOOO!

10/21/2004 Elizabeth Mei born 5:09PM[

• 1 month later...

Wow I just got the mail and there was an official response to the letter Trigg sent Maura Harty. It was specific to our case and mentioned our appointment. I'm sending a copy with the other P-4 things this weekend. At least this can't hurt to show I am serious about the visa.