Letter and signature page

Trigg. Would you please e-mail me the letter draft that has been chosen to be send to Harty.

Have you thought about sending a copy of the letter to William Martin and Michael Yen at GUZ? They are the ones that need to make the adjustments to deal with your complaints and suggestions. They are the ones who will take any heat from DOS.

I have battled with the CIS offices at GUZ and Beijing, they were worst than useless. I got so I would call and fax the regional BOSS of the CIS in Asia whose office is in Bangkok. With persistence, follow-up and clearly stating the facts involving in my complaints I think I did get some reaction from the two local CIS offices. But believe me, they never say, "oh sorry, we were wrong" and we will do this or that to corrrct the situation. I have assumed from the subsequent actions of the local, GUZ and Beijing, CIS officers that had heard of my complaints and were sort of dealing with them, kind of like "grudgingly."

I think you all deserve "attaboys" for doing the letter. I wish you all well and that the letter is effective.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say while we are all in the letter writing and congressman sending mode... how about one dealing with the pediphile issue we all recently read of here?

Maybe it should not be sent together with this one but certainly to all the same people that get this one.

Seems like we should strike while the iron is hot..?

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

Paul, I'm with you, but on the converse side we are also the ones with most to lose. Waited 10 months already, paperwork is still on NVC's plate. For all the rediculous reasons for the blue slip, I would hate for this to somehow be another case of where I opened mouth and inserted my foot again. I always seem to find a way.

With this letter, there is sort of a message within a message here. Message on paper is one thing. The other message comes with the delivery and show of support.

If this letter was a rant full of venom, I would not participate for fear of backlash. However, it is a well written document, polite and is not an attack on incompetency. So I see little downside to signing.

I also happen to believe that in most areas of life any publicity is good publicity. If someone in GZ happens to see my name, its more likely that they believe I am serious about my fiancee and more likely that my case gets approved.

Ok, it is crunch time. Only around 20 have PMed or emailed me saying they are sending a signature page. THIS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!! It's campaign time. Email, PM, phone or vsit the CFL member nearest you. Let's get cookin' and make sure everyone who wants to sign is aware of this and has/will send there signature page.

Let's get this thing done-I ain't gettin' any younger!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine went out yesterday, Trigg. Missed the damn mailman - he came earlier than I thought. So, I had to drive down to the post office to get it out. You should see it Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks Don, your endoesment is a very important one. I'll be watching for your letter.

Trigg

My Singned Letter to you Trigg, (Sent this morning)

I can not believe, that only 20 others have sent theirs in? What is the matter with everyone? Come On People!!!! This is not a time to get lazy or to sit back & think that "Oh, someone else will do yours" or their will be pleanty of others, so mine won't matter.

If this is your way of thinking, then maybe you are just not a committed to your SO as you want others to believe, or you are one of those people that want to bitch & complain but too afraid to get a little salad dressing on you candy ass skirt. If so, then in my oppinion, you get what you desreve. But while you are savoring the flavor, just think about this for a moment: Civil Rights were not just handed to those simple few that were crying about it. It took not only Petitions with hundreds of names attached to it, the fear of not getting re-elected, demonstrations on the white house lawn, & a shit load of phone calls to their Congessman's offices.

So my suggestion to those of you that have not sent yours in, GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND DO AT LEST ONE THING RIGHT!! SPEAK OUT!! LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!! & LETS BRING OUR SOs HOME!!!

this is not a time to be timid. we need everyone to step up. The process in China needs to be fixed. So come on and send the signature page to trigg. I am right in the middle of this process but only by shouting with one voice can we make a change. I wrote a letter to the dos about the nvc process and potential improvements, lurking will not change anything. Sooner or later the press will maybe get involved, something they do not desire or want. So lets join together for a change and help ourselves and those behind us. Thanks to all who have stepped up, but we need everyone to get involved......by the people for the people.

Mark

Don't worry everyone,

JUST DO IT ~!

There is only an upside here if you do --- if you are in the process --- use this letter at you interview as backup proof of your sincerity ---

---if you are like me and other "Old Timers" just consider your own "black hole" experience, and do the Right Thing......

Trigg, I'm not on your list yet, because its in the US Mail... It will get there...

Trigg, I sent a signed copy to you via Email

Here is a copy of my signature page.

March 16, 2005

Dear Ms Harty,

On March 24, 2005 my fianc¨¦e will have her interview for a visa at the U.S. consulate at Guangzhou. From start to finish it has taken 9 months and 9 days to obtain the visa. Although I believe this process has taken far to long, our timeline has been shorter than most others.

I am including my signature as an endorsement to the letter being sent to you by C. Trigg Minnick. I do this with hopes that those who follow in my path will have an easier and faster process in obtaining a visa for their Chinese fianc¨¦(e) or spouse.

Sincerely,