Backdoor Deportation of American Citizens

Recently Beijingjenny had the chance to question Maura Harty, the Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs, about the situation at GUZ.

Harty responded that adoption cases (among student and business visas) were given priority over family and fiance visas.

And while I feel that the adoptions are a great thing, I feel that we should have priority over all visa cases, and this is why.

Unlike adoption, business, and student cases, our visa problems could cause backdoor deportations of American Citizens. I know that this sounds crazy, but bear with me.

If my fiance's visa was denied, like those of several of our CFL members in the black hole, I would be left with no choice but to leave the United States and move to China. This scenario does not exist with other visa issues.

How many of us can walk away from our so? If we can't, then we are forced to leave the U.S. In other words, this is a round-about way of deporting American Citizens. That is why our issue is so crucial, and outweighs adoptions by far. In addition, student and business visas serve Chinese citizens who want to study or do business in the U.S.. But family visas are requested by and serve U.S. citizens. Shouldn't our own DOS serve American citizens first? We need to be heard.

Please Please Please Write an email or registered letter. Especially if you are one of those who have passed through this gauntlet. The rest of us need your help.

maura harty : hartyma@state.gov

Her address:

2201 C Street NW

Room 6811

Washington DC 20520

202-647-9576

Student and Business visas are for the benefit of Chinese citizens. While K1 and K3 visas are for petitioned, by us, US citizens. That is a really good point.

So can this also be called discrimination against US citizens in favor of Chinese citizens? I think so.

I never thought of the "back door deporation" but this is exactly what I have been thinking. We're already investigating what we need to do to get me a Chinese Green Card."

if the treatment of the US consulate or visa officers is so poor or so disorganized, then I will pack it up and move to China. my fiancee and I have already talked of this senario, and we would like to eventually settle there, but we thought it would be easier to spend a few years here, and then move back. by then my company should have an operations in china which would make the move easier.

It can be argued that family visas will bring in far more money than student or travel visas. If you think about it, a student or tourist may be spending money imediatly, but our fiance's or wives will be providing a lifetime of spending. Over the couse of years to come, this would far out last income from a student not to mention that future children would also be attendind the same schools without taking the education back to benefit another country's economy. As for security, it I was interested in doing harm in the US I would be looking for the path of least resistance. If I had to choose between trying to pass as a family member and go though a drawn out immigration process or take 30 days to obtain a tourist visa, i'd choose the latter. <_< And yes, if it came to it, Jennifer is far more important to me than anything else that the US could ever be. If they said no, my taxes would go elsewhere. :angry:

This is soo True.

I have sat back and have watched out Country basicly turn their back on their people over the years. So this should not bring such a shock to us. The US Gove would rather go out to help any other nation than it's Own.

We will feed other nantions Hungary, clothe them, help them build new homes, new businesses, you name it. As for our own people here, the attitude our Gov, has is ; Hate your Luck. Which in my book is BS.

Oh yes, we have our freedoms, (Yeah Right) We have only been BS to think that we do. We are always being lied to about what's really going on both here and abroad. But who is it that is really letting this all happen? WE ARE!! The American People themselves.

If, for example, if we would be stron enough to stand up and tell them, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANY LONGER!! begin refusing to accept our various leaders to take expensive trips and call it something else, refuse to pay these so called needed taxes,. BAsicly insist on taking our country back, the USA just might have a fighting chance.

But as long as we are willing to be bullied into going along with what ÜNCLE SAM"says that we want or need, then it is only bound to get worse. And yes, if things keep going the way they are going here, I will pack up everything (ship it little at a time) and move my butt anywhere but the USA. For to me, My sweetie and Our Happiness is the ultimate priority, Not some burocratic Gov. or their way of life :P

I agree we are discriminated against but the student and business VISA's are not specifically designed for the benefit of the foreigners, they are for the benefit of the US businesses and the universities who throw (lobby, bribe) money to our policy makers.

About one year ago the Association of American Colleges and Universities testified (complained) to Congress (or a subcommittee) that it was taking an average of 68 days (or something like that) for a foreign student to get a US visa and that US schools were losing out on getting foreign students who were going to other countries. The response was the rush to process student VISA's this past summer & fall while the P3's aged for 6 months.

What can we do about it? Not much of anything except to wait and grit our teeth. The good thing is this crap eventually ends and your SO will be by your side.

Student and Business visas bring new money into U.S. but family visa's don't it is that simple as for adoption visa's that is just PR to show how "great" we are by saving chinese babies. IMHO

Of course you have it right. What the economy needs is NEW money coming into the country. Yes, a wife will boost the economy with a lot of consumer spending over a lifetime, but that money will be money that is generated with the US, not money coming in from a foreign country like business people will provide. There is no way that Maura Harty would have gone to China to meet with a bunch of family visa applicants -- it was for a business group, and money talks. There was a serious review process with a lot of other State Department upper level types that had to sign off on the idea of her visit, probably was even signed off by the White House. The message was that America is trying to make it easier for Chinese business people to come here to do what they need to do, with the subtext being that the US would like to have some of our money back in the form of reinvestment from China into America. If we here at CFL can play ourselves in our dealings with the government as part of a whole gigantic friendship movement between the peoples of our two countries, a new feeling which can work counter to the warlike attitudes and postures stemming from the Taiwan disagreement, then we will be contributing to business by fortifying the peace which is better in the long run for the economy of both countries. Family visas contribute to business not so much for the money but for the international stability we foster.