visa denied

Guest sunshine1
Bing says not to go until May 1 because the hotels are all full because of spring festival so I may have to wait until then. ?

I am so sorry to hear your fiancee story of interview...I hope you should take this tape in chinese speaking as soon as you can...and wish she will get vise and come to be with you forever after you both try hard working it out!...good luck!

1 thing was wrong in your post...it will not be spring festival in GZ ...the spring festival was on Jan. 22nd this year...it will be spring fair in GZ from April 15th to the end of this month.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl,

I was in ShenZhen about 10 days ago, on the morning news they said the Chinese would not issue some visas at the HK border. It is in retaliation to the photo and fingerprinting thing. It would be less of a hassle to have your visa in hand. One more thing not to have to worry about.

David

I'll get the visa, it just isn't worth the risk not to. I must say I am awed by the response my dilema has brought on. I really hope GZ reads this so they can see what kind of an uproar they have raised. 6 pages in 2 days and it's still the hottest topic on the site. You guys are great. The close knitness of this group is incredible and I am proud to be a member. I am so grateful to all of you. When Bing and I prevail over the gross unfairness of our plight it will be largely to the efforts of all you. I doubt I could do this alone.

Thank you all

Carl

Dear Carl and Bing, I am sorry to hear the story of visa denial. (FYI)I had checked Shenzhen's Border Department by this Phone number: 755-82339585 for your visa entry to China, the clerk who answered the phone said, There is no more tourist visa or any kind of visa would issue in HK or Shenzhen Border for Americans, you should apply the visa in US first. I pray the best luck for you and Bing.

Carl:

I haven't read all the replies on your situation, so I might be covering old ground here.

If you are coming to China to do battle, be sure you understand the situation at the IV unit. Generally, you can only go to the IV unit on Thursday afternoons at 2:00 and listen to a statement and maybe ask general questions, but not /repeat/ not ask about you individual case. My advise is not to get upset over this. Take it in stride, so if you do get an opportunity to talk to a consular officer or write a letter anger with the system and the decision does not show through.

It can be a point in your favor to come to China and let the IV unit know you have. Be sure to sign in if you go to the Thursday deal.

Otherwise, they pretty much have frozen people like you out of the direct face to face contact.

There is a new set of consular officers here now and some seem to go way overboard on refusals.

If you do come try in a nice, humble way to get in contact with Martha Hutchens, the supervisor. PM me and I might have other thoughts.

I must say I am awed by the response my dilema has brought on. I really hope GZ reads this so they can see what kind of an uproar they have raised.  6 pages in 2 days and it's still the hottest topic on the site. You guys are great.

Carl.... It is now 7 pages....

I would anticipate several more pages in the future. It will be over a dozen soon.... :D

I like the idea of taking the video that you already have back in.... Perhaps they won't even look at it. Maybe she will find someone new that is willing to talk to her.

Just hope that Bing doesn't get the same woman that already told her to go away :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

--------------------

A couple of ideas that you might consider:

1) If you want a "Character Recommendation" thread... You would certainly have several pages of notes. I bet even some of those "Closet Democrats" (Dave & Mark) might even chime in :D Very few people here have met both you and Bing, but we certainly know how deep of a place in your heart that you hold for her.

2) If Bing does go back to GZ, she might want to find a "friend" on 001 that has an interview the same day if possible. (I.E. If she has a choice of when she can go back, she needs someone who can be there with her).

----- Clifford -----

I like the idea of taking the video that you already have back in.... Perhaps they won't even look at it. Maybe she will find someone new that is willing to talk to her.

--------------------

I am not for sure about this. But my wife had to go to GZ 2 times and both times she had to deal with the same VO. I think you are assigned a VO and that is the one you deal with till the end, but i like the idea of turning in the original tape. Maybe they will assume it is something new and agree it is enough.

Patrick

I almost had Bing take the tape down the day after the rejection. Then I thought " how many chances will I get?" The VO knows about the tape. She refused to look at it. I'm afraid if I turn it in again it will strengthen her denial. My plan is to make another tape and turn them both in. I also think that if I am there this time it will make a strong impression. Now how can I get a VHS tape made in GZ?

If all other options are denied us we will get married while I am there and start over. My resolve is firm. Bing will be my wife and I will bring her home to Portland. They are wasting my time and theirs with this foolishness.

Carl,

I have no doubt that everything will be peachy when you get to GZ.

If you get there, and have the visa denied again, then you can be sure that there will be 1000 letters written the very next day to everyone and anyone who will listen.

-----------------

If Patrick is right that the you are assigned to a single VO, and that Bing will see the same person the next time in, then it would be a bad idea to take your old tape in.

If you just have a 1/10 chance to get that same person, then it might be worth a try.

But, I think you will have a wonderful trip to China too. I am sure that Bing will enjoy taking you back to her parent's house for one last visit before coming to the USA. Maybe you should plan a wedding ceremony in China while you are there.

Talk to Bing about her plans..... It may not be going too far out on a limb to schedule a return flight together (give yourselves a few days after the interview) incase a few hassles come up.

Best Wishes,

Clifford